Manager's Decision

Love at Hope Academy
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Minho’s POV:

As I put the phone down smiling I turned around to see my manager giving me a stony look.

“Who was that Choi Minho and don’t even think about lying?” He asked coldly.

“It’s my girlfriend.” I said nervously. I thought he was going to freak out but he just asked:

“What is her name?” I was shocked that I immediately answered.

“Her name is Kwon Yuri.” He immediately called someone and said:

“I need to ask a favour. Gather all the information you can on Kwon Yuri. I want everything. Get back to me as soon as you can.” He put the phone down.

“I could give you all the information you need now; you didn’t need to ask him.” I said a little angrily.

“I didn’t want any bias information.” He snapped back.

“Why would I be bias?” I asked angrily.

“She’s your girlfriend and I just heard you say you loved her; I think that’s enough for me to not want to ask you about her. Now get back to your work.” He left me in the room alone. I brought my fist down angrily on the table making a loud thud. What if he disapproved of her and ordered me to break up with her? I couldn’t do that to her again; not now, not ever.

I spent a whole day devising what sort of lies I’d have to tell my manager in order to keep Yuri a secret if he didn’t want us to be together. I couldn’t think of anything he wouldn’t be able to see through straight away. He’d probably have me followed so he could make sure I wouldn’t meet up with her.

All through my gym class, my dance practise and breaks all I could think about was Yuri. I was getting more worried as I saw my manager on the phone talking quietly out of earshot from me. He kept glancing over at me from time to time with various expressions on his face.

It was the end of the day and very late and I was just finishing part of a new music video shoot. I bowed towards all the staff.

“Kamsahabnida! Thank you for all your hard work!” I said beaming. I was walking out of the door so I could go down to the garage to pick up my car when:

“Minho!” I turned to see my manager walking over to me “Let’s walk down to the garage together.” I nodded and we walked in silence to the garage.

“How was the shoot today?” I asked nervously.

“It was excellent as usual Minho. You have a very powerful stage presence; you’ll do very well,” He said smiling; we walked in silence some more before he asked “Are you curious as to why I decided to come down here tonight?”

“Neh, but I was a little nervous so I didn’t ask.” I admitted.

“I found out lots of things about your girlfriend. She’s the owner of Kwon Kosmetics; the company you’re doing a photo shoot for, she has no parents as they died 4-5 years ago in a car accident and lots of other things. If the

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter