What If?

Love at Hope Academy
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Minho’s POV:

My heart felt so light and free as I thought about the past 24 hours. So much had happened and all was good. I leaned back as I gazed at Yuri’s fingers intertwined with mine holding them tightly. I smiled at the couple ring I had bought especially for her.

It was very quiet on the coach; with most people asleep and resting. I was sad to leave the beach resort and to leave the bubble I was in. Suddenly my shoulders started to feel heavy as I thought about what I would have to do when I got home. I shook my head to clear it of those thoughts. Right now the only thing that mattered was Yuri. My perfect black pearl.

I gazed across at her face. It was perfect; peaceful and calm. I brushed away a strand of hair away from her face and planted a kiss on the crown of her head. I leant my chin on her head and fell asleep, my dreams were the happiest I’ve ever had. Why?

It was just me and Yuri.

I woke up several hours later and yawned loudly. I felt Yuri shift under me and lifted my head. She beamed at me and I could feel my heart skip a beat.

“Hey, beautiful.” I muttered, enjoying her reaction when she blushed and avoided my eyes.

“You’re calling me such embarrassing names you know.”

“Yeah, I know. But it’s the truth so it doesn’t matter does it?” I hugged her tight and breathed in the scent of her hair. Suddenly the bus jittered to a stop. Yuri let go of me and looked around curiously. I motioned for her to sit down while I went to investigate. I headed to the driver at the front of the bus.

“Ahjussi what has happened, why have we stopped?” He looked at me and said:

“The bus has broken down my boy. I’m ringing the roadside services but chances are they won’t be here for another couple of hours.”

“Chincha?” He nodded and I headed back to my seat. Yuri turned to me and asked:

“What happened?”

“The bus has broken down so we’re stuck here for another couple of hours.” I sighed heavily. I was surprised when Yuri wrapped her arms around my neck and said:

“What’s the matter? You don’t want to be stuck here with me?” She pouted. I squeezed her cheeks and said:

“Why would I be sad that I get some alone time with my girlfriend?” She was about to respond when a voice cut in:

“Hey lovebirds! It’s not alone time, there’s another 28 people on this bus, not including seongsaenim and the driver.” We turned to find Taeyeon attempting to glare at us but failing because she was smiling too.

“Sorry unnie! We didn’t mean to disturb your make-out session with Onew!” Taeyeon and Onew flushed bright red as the bus filled with wolf-whistles and cheers. I don’t know how the conversation started but we all suddenly started talking about our families. It was going OK until Amber shot out the question:

“Yah Yuri what’s your family like?” I felt her stiffen beside me as she said:

“I had a mother, father and I don’t know where my brother is.” Amber didn’t fail to notice the past tense and apologised endlessly. Yuri stayed quiet for the rest of the conversation. I turned to her and noticed tears escaping her eyes.

“Hey, don’t cry Yul,” I cupped her chin and made her face me “Amber didn’t know so she had a right to ask. She knows not to talk about that now.” Yuri nodded but I could tell something else was on her mind.

“You know I can’t help if you don’t tell me.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter