Oh No Not Again!

Love at Hope Academy
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Minho’s POV:

“Yuri? Yuri wake up!” I shook the unconscious girl but I had no reaction. She was slumped against me; she had fainted. Oh no not again! I was about to panic when I remembered what she said.

“Berries...my hand...I ate.”

She had eaten some poisonous berries!

Aish Yuri why didn’t you listen to seongsaenim! Why did you eat them?

I slung one of her arms around my shoulder and tried to walk like that but she couldn’t walk. Her face was getting paler and paler. I picked her up bridal-style and ran towards our camp. I ducked under the canopy roof and held her close while I opened the sleeping bag. Her forehead was burning and she was sweating slightly. I gently lay her down in the sleeping bag and added the blanket.

I searched for our equipment bag and drew out the medicine. I read the instructions and paused on the bit where it said:

Warning: Medicine may make people delirious. Take with necessary precautions.

I gave her the amount specified and waited nervously. I carefully washed the towel and placed it on her forehead to cool her down. I waited for what felt like a long time before I saw any signs of improvement. Her colour was returning and she looked healthier by the minute. I replaced the towel again when I heard her stirring.

“Uuuh...Where am I?” She muttered faintly. I sat next to her and said gently:

“Yuri it’s me Minho. You’re at our camp remember?”

“Yeah...I remember...I also remember eating something...something bad.” She looked at me with fearful eyes as I said:

“Yeah you ate some poisonous berries remember? Pabo, why didn’t you listen to seongsaenim? I was so worried” My voice grew angrier as I unintentionally worked myself up “Do you know how pale and deathly you looked? How am I supposed to-“I cut off as I saw tears welling up in Yuri’s eyes.

“I-I’m sorry Minho. I d-didn’t mean to!” The tears flowed from her eyes as her lips trembled. I sighed:

“I know Yul. I’m just...You don’t know how worried I was about you. What would I do if you went to hospital or worse?” She nodded silently and said:

“Am I forgiven Minho?” I nodded and she smiled widely.”Minho aren’t you cold?” I shook my head and said:

“No Yuri it’s not that cold out here, besides you need to keep warm and rest. Go to sleep.” She shook her head and said stubbornly:

“No I won’t go to sleep unless you are warm and comfortable too.” She frowned.

“Well what do you want me to do?” I asked, frustrated.

“You can sleep next to me.” I was stunned into silence.

It’s ok Minho it’s just the medicine talking.

“No it’s ok Yul just go to sleep I need to do something anyway.”

“Are you sure? You’re not going to run off and leave me?” She asked, I glanced at her and realised she was genuinely scared I would leave her alone.

“No of course not Yuri. I would never do that.”

“Promise?” I nodded and smiled

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter