Back to School!

Love at Hope Academy
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Yuri’s POV:

I almost launched out of bed on Monday as I rushed to the shower. For some reason I was really excitable and I couldn’t stop bouncing around. I showered quickly & changed into my uniform. I skipped around waking up my unnies and dongsaengs. They all groaned and got up like zombies, just slowly walking everywhere.

I ran down to make the breakfast and hummed while I moved around the kitchen setting up plates and serving the food into plates.

“Come on guys! We’re going to be late if you don’t hurry up!” I called up from the bottom of the stairs, only to be met with a swift reply of:

“Yah Kwon Yuri! The next time you shout that loudly your face will be meeting my fist!” came the threat from the ice princess. I chuckled and went to sit down and eat. As I chewed on the food I thought about what subjects I had today. I loved all my lessons; singing the most but this week I had Dance 101 on my timetable too. I was really excited because Hyo unnie would be there and I could finally get to see ‘the dancing queen’ in her element. I grinned as everyone else came down and ate like wolves.

“Good morning unnies!” Seohyun said cheerfully. Bless Seohyun; she is always so happy and cheerful. If only she wasn’t so serious about school and loosened up about having a boyfriend, maybe she could be truly happy. I sighed inwardly as I realised my mind was going into match-maker mode again.

“Yuri, are you going to eat that?” Sooyoung asked with a mouth full of food, while pointing at my plate. I chuckled and said:

“Ani, Sooyoung. You can have it.” I passed my half-eaten breakfast to Sooyoung who wolfed it down in the blink of an eye. We got up and cleaned the dishes and put them away before calling the driver to take us to school.

We arrived at school and started to walk to class when I felt someone cover my eyes. I froze in my place as the person leant down, I could feel their warmth so close to my ear as they said:

“Guess who?” I sighed in relief. I took the hands covering my eyes and spun around smiling to face Minho.

“Hey Minho!” I jumped up and hugged him tight. He kissed my cheek a lot before I let go. He smiled and took my hands in his.

“How are you Yul? Did you miss me?” His eyes gleamed as I nodded shyly “Come on lets walk to class. We have Singing first right?” He took my hand and laced his fingers with mine as we walked to class. We strolled to class, but there were lots of people whispering. Some comments were nice while other were... not so nice.

“Oh my, is she Minho’s girlfriend?”

“She’s not even that pretty!”

“Aniyo! She is very pretty. Look how happy she looks with him!”

“I know right? They make a cute couple!”

“Whatever, I bet he’s just using her. I heard her family are very, very, very rich.”

I wanted to hug some of the people and slap the others. They have no right to say that! I decided to let go of these feelings before I did something bad. I haven’t ever gotten really angry before but when I do, you wouldn’t want to come near me with a 10-foot pole. We arrived at class and sat down in our regular places. Then Mrs Kim came in.

“Annyeonghaseyo class! Today I am very excited about our lesson! You will be doing song covers today!” She beamed at all of us while our mouths dropped. Song covers? Isn’t that meant to be taught later after we have developed our skills more?

“Don’t worry. This is only to see where you can improve on. For now as we may not have enough time today you will be preparing some group covers. You may choose the amount of people in your group but I will give you the theme in which you must choose a song. So hurry up and get into your groups.” All of us girls looked at each other and smiled. It was no surprise that

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter