A Gift

Love at Hope Academy
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Yuri’s POV:

I woke up the next morning with a huge grin on my face. Did yesterday really happen? It felt like a dream. I heard my phone beep and checked my messages.

From: Minho

Good morning Yul. Did you sleep well? I’m so glad you’re my girlfriend now. My black pearl.

I chuckled and said:

From Yuri:

I know. I’m so happy. When do we tell the others?

He replied back almost immediately.

From Minho:

How about you tell the girls now and I’ll tell the guys now?

I replied with a simple ok and put the phone down. I was about to roll over and wake up Taeyeon when I found she wasn’t in bed. I went downstairs and found them all sat in the dining room, munching on their breakfast.

“Morning Yuri, you’ve woken up late. Has something been keeping you up?” Tiffany grinned playfully while Taeyeon elbowed her. I frowned in confusion. What did they mean? Taeyeon looked at my face and said:

“Never mind her Yuri. Come on eat breakfast you must be hungry.” She gestured for me to sit down and almost as soon as I did there was a plate of hot pancakes in front of me. I wolfed them down hungrily until there wasn’t a crumb left on the plate. I then mustered up all my courage and said:

“Girls I need to tell you something.” They all stopped and looked at me. I took a deep breath and said:

“Minho and I are dating now.” I sat back and waited for their reaction. They all stayed quiet for a moment. Then they all looked at each other, grinned and started whooping and cheering. I was so confused.

“What are you guys doing?” I asked while they jumped up and down, dancing randomly.

“Celebrating what does it look like?” I must have looked so confused because Hyoyeon said:

“Yah! Do you think Minho came up with an idea for last night on his own?” I suddenly realised; they’d known about our meetings all along. They’d helped me and Minho get together. I stood up and hugged everyone.

“Thank you. I don’t know where I would be without you guys. I’m so happy you’re my friends.” We all teared up and quickly wiped them before they could fall.

“Yah! Enough crying let’s dance!” Hyoyeon switched on some music and we all danced to it like no-one was watching. We cleared a space for Hyoyeon to start popping and started to chant:

“Go Hyo! Go Hyo! Go Hyo!” We chanted on and on until we were all tired from the dancing. We collapsed on the sofas and rested. Suddenly our teacher walked in and said:

“Annyeonghaseyo girls, today is our last day so please be aware that you need to pack now so we can leave on time.”

We all grew sad at the thought of leaving this place. It wasn’t a nice thought; having to leave the serenity of the beach and go back to the mayhem that is school. I suddenly dug out my phone when I felt it vibrate in my pocket.

Minho: Hey how did your friends take the news?

Yuri: Really well actually. They set us up!

Minho: Yeah I know the guys told me. Can you believe it?

Yuri: I know. Without them I’d still be wondering whether to tell you my feelings.

Minho: Aaaaw! My innocent Yul? You’re so sweet.

Suddenly a thought came into my head which worried me:

Yuri: What about Hyuna?

Minho: Don’t worry about her. I can deal with her.

Yuri: What about your father? Remember what he said?

Minho: It will be fine Yuri. As long as you are by my side, everything will be fine.

Yuri: So cheesy!

Minho: Why don’t you like it? L

Yuri: a-aniyo it’s just you’re using such cheesy lines early in the morning.

Minho: It’s not my fault I’m head over heels for you. Got to go I’ll talk to you soon.

Yuri: Ok oppa

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter