What's Happening Now?

Love at Hope Academy
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Minho’s POV:

My thoughts crept back to a last night as I walked, on my own, to school again.

Flashback...

We had settled down to watch a romance movie. I don’t know who chose this movie but it was full of clichés. I was getting bored watching it and decided to look at the others. Taeyeon and Onew were just lying against each other holding hands. What I would give for a relationship like that. Not that I want one but if I was to have one, I’d want it to be like that. Not like the one I have with Hyuna, which is just a one-sided relationship and purely physical. She only likes me because I’m hot.  

Key and Sooyoung were bickering quietly over something or the other like they normally are. It was kind of funny; they were so close but they argued over every little thing. You could tell they were good friends though. They always stuck by each other and each had the others back.

Jonghyun was trying to get close to Jessica who was glaring at him to stop. I chuckled to myself: Jonghyun was obsessed with Jessica (who was known in school as the un-penetrable Ice Princess) he was convinced he could melt her heart. It was like his own personal challenge.

Taemin was sitting with Yoona, who was watching the screen attentively, and every so often he would steal a glance at her face. Yoona was one of the most desirable girls in our school. Taemin really wanted to confess his feelings to her but he felt that since other, more handsome guys were after her so he shouldn’t. Which is dumb really? If you want someone badly you should do whatever you feel is right and not worry about anyone else.

Everyone else was just laid out on the floor watching the movie. I was about to get up when a felt someone’s head lean on my shoulder. I slowly turned to find Yuri there, her eyes closing slowly, until eventually she fell asleep. I didn’t want to wake her so I just let her lie there. The movie ended and we were all going to go home, but I was still sat down because I didn’t want to disturb her. The girls noticed and asked quietly if I could take her up to their room as they couldn’t lift her.  I lifted her; she weighed about as much as a bag of feathers, and took her upstairs. I laid her out on one of the blankets and covered her up. I was about to go when I found my hand trapped. Yuri had caught hold of my hand and was keeping it in a tight grip.

I looked at her face. It was so peaceful and pure while she was asleep. There were locks of hair across her face and I brushed them back. Something felt... really nice about being beside her. Aish why did my parent’s force me to be close to Hyuna? But the way Hyuna acts towards her tells me that if I don’t act like that towards her too my family could be in deep trouble. I can’t do that to mom again. Not when she’s pregnant again. She can’t lose this baby.

I have to do this for my family.

I peeled her fingers of my hand and left the room.

End of Flashback...

All I could think about while walking to school was Yuri’s face. I shook my head to try and clear them out when I heard a car horn honk. A huge car was behind me and I turned to see Sooyoung’s head out of the window.

“Hey Minho!”

“Hey Sooyoung! What are you doing?” I said with a smirk on my face.

“Getting a ride to school! Wanna hop in?” She asked half shouting it at me.

“Sure!” I jumped in the car and realised that the car war packed full of people. 10 to be precise if you counted me. We had to move around a bit to make room for me but we set off to school. I was watching Yuri. She looked immensely happy, laughing and joking around like a regular school girl. There was something about her though; it was a lot different to other girls. I just wanted to find out what it is.

“Yah Choi Minho!” Sooyoung shouted “What are you staring at I was asking you something?”

“Mianhe Sooyoung” I said “What were you asking me?”

“We were talking about the test today! Are you ready for it?” Sooyoung said excitedly. I groaned; I forgot about the test.

“Not really, I’ve had barely any time to revise this week. Thank God they are giving us free periods up until the test to revise.”

“Yeah and we’re allowed to choose where we want to revise.” Sooyoung said excitedly. Yuri’s head shot up and she immediately asked:

“Can we go to the field again? It was so nice there last time!” Her eyes shone as she asked. Taeyeon agreed immediately and asked:

“Yes of course! Everyone agrees right? Sica... Sica... Ughh JESSICA!” Jessica who had been snoozing in her seat bolted up while we all laughed. She rubbed her eyes and groaned.

“Why are you shouting this early in the morning?” she groaned.

“It’s not that early and we have a test today! Are you going to fall asleep in the test?” Taeyeon grinned. Jessica may be the Ice Princess but she should also be called Sleeping Beauty; the girl could fall asleep anywhere at any time. It was quite funny at times but it could be quite annoying as well.

“Aniyo unnie I’ll have coffee and a burger before the exam.” Jessica answered sarcastically. Seohyun glared at Jessica before saying:

“Unnie if you eat that you’ll die.” We stared at Seohyun and burst out laughing. Seohyun was obsessed with a good and healthy lifestyle and tried to get her unnies to act the same way, but to no avail. As always when we were laughing Seohyun tried to be serious.

“Unnie I’m not joking; an unhealthy diet accumulates and you’ll die.” She said with all seriousness but we just laughed harder. Sooyoung hugged the maknae and pinched her cheeks saying:

“Oh Seobaby you are so cute!” Seohyun just sighed w

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter