Trouble In The Company?

Love at Hope Academy
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Minho’s POV:

I woke up the next morning with a light heart and a wide grin on my face. My mind flashed back to last night which only made the smile on my face wider. It was only then I realised someone was in the room with me. I could hear their slow breathing. I turned around and saw sat on the edge of my bed was...

My mother.

I sighed in relief as I found her just sat there watching me.

“How long have you been there umma?” She chuckled and said:

“Not long, but long enough to hear you say something in your sleep.” I crossed my eyebrows, sat up in bed and asked

“What was I saying in my sleep?” She raised one eyebrow at me and said:

“I want to ask a question first young man, who is Yuri?” I froze in my place.

“H-how do you know about Yuri?” My mother rolled her eyes.

“Isn’t it obvious? You’ve been saying her name quite a lot in the night. You’re lucky your father hasn’t heard you, he’d have been furious,” she said. There was a moment of silence before she asked again:

“So who is Yuri?” I smiled and replied:

“She’s the most amazing person I’ve ever met, well next to you umma, she understands and accepts all my faults, she’s beautiful, funny, brave and she means the world to me.” She just sat there taking it all in then started chuckling which broke me out of my daydream.

“What? What’s so funny?” I asked.

“I’ve never seen you so... concentrated on one person. It’s kind of funny to me. But it is also very touching to know that you have someone in your heart,” She reached over and ruffled my hair “So when do we get to meet her?” I paused for a moment; I’d never thought about when Yuri would meet my parents, it seemed inevitable that she would but I’d never thought about it.

“I don’t know umma, you will, but I don’t know.” She sighed and said:

“You have her number don’t you? Text her and ask her!” I grabbed my phone & texted Yuri.

Minho: Morning beautiful. Are you up yet?

Yuri: Yeah, I’ve been up for ages. What about you?

Minho: Same. My umma’s here. She knows about us.

Yuri: MWOH! How?

Minho: Not important. She wants to know when she can meet you though.

Yuri: Chincha? Is she okay with our relationship?

Minho: Neh. So when do you guys want to meet?

Yuri: Tell her that I’m really busy right now and I will contact you as soon as I am able to meet her.

Minho: Okay. Is there anything else you want me to tell her?

Yuri: Ummm... yes. Do not tell her who my family is or their company name.

Minho: Why?

Yuri: I want your parents to accept me for me. Not because my family is rich.

Minho: I understand. See you later gorgeous!

Yuri: So cheesy so early in the morning! See you later!

I chuckled to myself, almost forgetting my mother was there until she said:

“So when can she meet us?” Her eyes were shining in anticipation.

“She says she’s really busy studying and she’ll tell me when she’s able to meet you guys. She really wants to but she says her studies come first.” I was proud of myself for coming up with a convincing lie.

“Aaaw, I was really looking forward to meeting her. Do you at least have a picture or something?” She said disappointed. I nodded and held out my phone so she could see the picture I took on the bus home. The photo showed me and Yuri holding a peace sign towards the camera while Yuri leaned on my shoulder.

“Omo! She’s so pretty!” My mother squealed and smiled at the picture. She beamed at me until she heard:

“Choi Minho! Where are you?” My father bellowed from the bottom of the stairs. I rolled my eyes and jumped out of bed. I walked to the stairs and asked:

“What is it appa?”

“Did you forget you were coming in with me to the company today? Quickly get ready and come down!” he shouted. I ran to my room where I found my other laying out a suit for me already. She smiled as she walked out of the room; before she could I called her:

“Umma! Don’t tell appa about Yuri yet ok?” She rolled her eyes and said:

“What did you think I was going to do, tell him? Now quickly get ready!” I nodded and quickly got changed. I was trying to smooth over my hair as I

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter