My World

Love at Hope Academy
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Yuri’s POV:

I half-skipped back to the house where I found everyone waiting for me. Tiffany said:

“Yah Yuri, were you being serious back there? You own Kwon Kosmetics now?” I nodded.

“Wow, how are you going to manage that and school?” They asked concerned.

“A lot of stuff won’t be handled by me. I just need to go over any proposed plans to see if I approve of them or not and meet with any managers of businesses we might invest in. Actually I need to go in to the company today do you guys want to come?” They all nodded eagerly. I grinned in happiness. Taeyeon interrupted saying:

“Okay we can go but we need to eat first okay? Come on the food will be getting cold.” We all piled into the kitchen and demolished the food in little or no time what so ever. Then it was the usual routine of getting ready, deciding suitable outfits for a workplace and fixing our hair and makeup.

Outfits: https://smtownjjang.files.wordpress.com/2010/11/20101116_snsd_2.jpg

 I called the driver to come pick us up to take us to the company. We all piled in and drove away. We arrived at the company and we just gazed at it for a moment before walking in. I had been in the building lots of times but this time it was different.

I was entering as the owner of Kwon Kosmetics. People bowed to me as I came in which was a little embarrassing as I lead everyone to the top of the building where the main office was located.

As I walked in I was a little surprised to see so many reporters and photographers.

Pabo! Of course they’ll be here; Kwon Kosmetics is a big company!

I smiled and bowed respectfully to everyone.

“Annyeonghaseyo everyone thank you for coming!” I smiled and waved at them. I was blinded by the speed at which the cameras flashed. I walked over to the desk and was greeted by the acting managers of the company. They smiled warmly at me; they had known me as a child and often played with me in the office. Hence I thought of them as family but they were always busy with the company.

“Aaah Kwon Yuri. You have grown to be a very beautiful and intelligent girl. Your parents would be very proud.” One of the managers, Mr Lee said. He was the manager I was closest with and he was a good friend of my fathers’.

“Kamsahabnida ahjussi. I hope I make you proud.” I sat down and signed the papers that made me the official owner of Kwon Kosmetics. Thousands of flashes followed as I smiled and shook hands with the managers.

“I have something to ask our new owner,” One of the managers said ”This new generation of children have such different ideas to ours. I was wondering Miss Kwon, would you like us to stay here in this company. Or will it make you happier for us to retire at our old age?”

“It is your choice; you have served this company well for so many years. I do not want you to leave but I cannot make you stay, it is not my right. You are free to do what your heart tells you.” I smiled and said. The managers all looked at each other and said:

“In that case, it would be an honour to serve this company for as many years possible.” My heart soared. It felt nice that they wanted to stay even if they had a choice of going. Suddenly we were dragged to a conference room where I found a whole horde of reporters. I sat down and motioned for the girls to sit either side of me.

I was really nervous and was immensely relieved when Tiffany and Jessica gripped my hands on either side. I smiled as I realised that all of them were holding hands, connecting us together. It sounds so cheesy but I felt like they were giving me all of their strength. Then the interview began. I answered them as best I could but they were all so dull, only a few questions stuck in my head.

“Miss Kwon, is it true that you are juggling both school and this work at the same time?” One asked.

“Yes it is. It sounds like a lot for an 18 year old but my parents were younger than me when they started this business and look how far it has come!” I replied happily.

“Miss Kwon, do you feel pressure to keep this company at the level that your parents have brought it to?”

“Of course! My parents built this company in a tiny apartment and it is now a multi-billionaire company! That’s a hard act to follow!” I chuckled. The question went on and on. After those only this stuck in my head.

“Miss Kwon, do you have a boyfriend?” I crossed my eyebrows and said:

“Although this is none of your concern, I will forgive it and say yes, I do have a boyfriend.” I thought the reporter would shut up after that but he asked:

“Would you ever accept a marriage proposal on the grounds that it would benefit your company? An advantageous marriage in short.” I wanted to punch the reporter but kept my voice calm and said:

“Again, this is none of your concern although the idea of an advantageous marriage appals me. This sort of thing can go perfectly well like in stories or in most cases it ends horrendously. This concludes the conference, I must bid you farewell and take my leave now.” We got up and left the hall to endless questions being shouted at me.

We got in the car and drove home where

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter