Buying a Present

Love at Hope Academy
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Yuri’s POV:

I keep having this one dream, it’s so unnerving. It always starts and ends the same way.

Flashback...

I’m walking with Minho in the park. It’s a sunny day and there are hundreds of flowers in bloom. There are butterflies too blue and purple with elegant wings. We spend some time playing in the park. There is no-one else there apart from us. We feed the ducks and chase the large groups of pigeons away. All the time my hand is intertwined with Minho’s.

All of a sudden though, it turns to night time. There is a terrible storm with rain coming so fast it’s more like a waterfall. The sky starts to erupt with thunder and lightning. I hold hard onto Minho’s hand, crying and sobbing. I hate the dark, especially when there is a storm. I can’t see Minho’s body but I hug him around his chest hard. He hugs me back and kisses my head and the storm starts to calm down.

But then he pulls himself away from me. I try to hold onto his hand because the storm is getting louder and I need him there. But he slips his hand and walks away. I can hear his footsteps echoing from all sides and I don’t know where to go.

“Minho! Minho where are you? Minho!” I call his name over and over while the tears run down my face. I stretch out my hands in case I find him but I just wander around aimlessly. When I finally hear his voice it’s cold and emotionless.

“Goodbye Yuri.”

I’m confused and keep wandering around calling his name. Soon the calls turn to sobs as I wander aimlessly through the darkness.

End of Flashback...

“Yuri are you okay?” Taeyeon asked. She was looking at me with a concerned face.

“It’s just this dream I’ve been having a lot lately unnie. It’s unnerving me.” I told her about the dream and she just listened with a curious expression. She thought for a while before talking.

“It’s just a dream Yuri, but if it’s worrying you that much you should talk to Minho about it.” I nodded in agreement and hugged her.

“Kamsahabnida unnie, you’re the best.” She chuckled lightly before saying:

“I know, now go on and call Minho. I’ll call you down once the food is ready.” She got up off the bed and walked out. I took a deep breath before I called Minho. The phone rang a few times before he picked up.  

“Yeoboseyo?” I heard his voice and started to feel a little nervous.

“Hey Minho it’s me. Um... I guess I wanted to talk to you.” I said nervously.

“Chincha? What about, is something wrong?” He asked curiously.

“Aniyo, it’s just something’s been unnerving me lately.” I told him about the dream. He sounded a little worried when he finally spoke.

“Yuri, you know I’d never do that right? You mean the world to me, I wouldn’t do that.” He said it so sincerely I almost cried in happiness.

“I know, it’s just that I needed to talk to you about it.”

“I’m glad you did Yul. Actually this is a good time to tell you one of my wishes.” He said happily. I chuckled and said:

“Chincha? Go on then. Tell me your wish!”

“I wish you would come to meet my parents.” I was shocked but not in a way that I’d refuse.

“OK then. Wish granted! I’ve actually really wanted to meet your parents!” I said happily.

“That’s good to hear. I’ll tell them I’ll bring my girlfriend for dinner in 2 days ok?”

“Ok. I can’t wait Minho,” at that point I heard Taeyeon calling me downstairs to eat “Minho, I have to go now. Taeyeon’s calling me down to eat.”

“Chincha? Didn’t you just eat?” He sounded surprised.

“Neh, but I’m hungry again.”

“Aigoo my Yul, where does it all go?” He joked.

“Goodbye Minho, sweet dreams.”

“Goodnight Yuri, see you in my dreams.” He cut off the phone then leaving me grinning from ear to ear. I went downstairs still grinning when I joined the others at the table.

“Yah what are you so happy about Yuri?” Hyoyeon asked. I grinned a little and said:

“I’m meeting Minho’s parents in 2 days.” I said while scooping up some noodles. Taeyeon looked really happy:

“Chincha? That’s great!” She smiled broadly while the others gasped and squealed at me. The rest of the meal consisted of everyone kept questioning me. It was stuff like: What are you going to wear? What present are you going to bring? Are you going to wear makeup? The questions kept coming. To be perfectly honest, the answer to was always: I don’t know.

My thoughts were buzzing about meeting Minho’s parents as I went to sleep again. Waking up for school the next day wasn’t as bad as I thought it was going to be. We did our usual routine and headed to school. I wasn’t as focused as I should have been through my lessons which got me into trouble a few times.

“Unnie are you okay? You’ve been distracted all day.” Seohyun asked.

“I’m fine Seohyun, I’m just tired.” She nodded and said:

“Eat a lot at lunch then because you have dance after that.” I groaned as I remembered the dance class. I ate hungrily and headed for the class with Hyoyeon. We got changed and waited for the rest of the class to turn up. The teacher walked in with a wide smile on his face.

“Good afternoon class! I hope you are ready for today’s class because it will make you dizzy with excitement!” We smiled and laughed at our teacher’s giddiness until we realised what he meant. We were doing spinning practise

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter