Finally Meeting

Love at Hope Academy
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Yuri POV:

I woke up extra early today so I could take my time in how I dressed. I didn’t want to look too revealing but I didn’t want to look too conservative either. As I was fussing about I noticed there was someone behind me. I jumped around to find Taeyeon muttering and picking out some clothes from my wardrobe. She handed me a simple white shirt and some shorts. I heard her say sleepily:

“Wear this it’ll look nice. Now stop fussing about making so much noise, I’m trying to sleep!” I chuckled and apologised. I am extremely nervous about today. I have a feeling that Minho and I will go out on our 1st date today. I want to look nice for Minho. I got changed and straightened my hair so it fell in long, shiny locks down my back.

Then I went downstairs and wolfed down some cereal. I waited downstairs watching some random movies, waiting for the clock to tick down to 10:30. Suddenly the doorbell rang and I jumped up and almost ran to the door. I opened it and there stood Minho looking amazing in regular clothes.

“Hey Minho! Ready for the date today?” He looked confused.

“Date? Yuri did you think I was going to take you out on a date today?” He asked shocked. I stood there confused. We weren’t going on a date today? Urghh! I felt so stupid!

“Umm... no?” I said unsure of what I was going to say to him anyway. I stared at the ground in an attempt to hide my red face.

“It’s ok Yuri you don’t have to be embarrassed. I’m embarrassed for not telling you what it was so you wouldn’t have gone to so much trouble.” I was getting more embarrassed by the minute.

“Anyway I have someone I want you to meet.”

“I don’t want to talk to anyone right now Minho.” I said coldly and turned around, beginning to walk away when someone called:

“Yuri? Don’t be mad he just wanted to help.” That voice. It’s so familiar that I stopped in my tracks. No... It can’t be. I turned around slowly taking in someone I hadn’t noticed before. Someone very important to me.

My brother.

I don’t know how it happened but I felt my legs moving beneath me as I rushed to him and jumped into his arms. The feeling of his arms around me gave me a sense of reality. This was real. My brother is here. Before I knew it I was sobbing my heart out.

“You’re here, you’re really here.” I kept saying over and over as he my hair and whispered:

“I’m so sorry Yuri. I’m sorry I haven’t been here all these years to look after as a brother should.” I felt wet patches on my shoulder and realised Jiyoung was crying too. I pulled back and wiped his tears.

“I’m so happy you’re home Jiyoung. My big brother.” He smiled and replied:

“It’s good to be home, dearest sister-of-mine, although I still have lots of things to do.” I frowned; did he mean he was only here on a business trip or something? Like he read my thoughts he chuckled and said:

“Aniyo Yuri I don’t mean that. Come on let’s sit down and we can talk properly,” I followed him to the living room “It hasn’t changed at all. It still even smells the same.” He breathed in deeply and flopped down on the sofa.

“So brother what do you intend to do?” I asked.

“First I need to make up with Umma and Appa. It’s been too long since I’ve seen them. I miss them so much it hurts.” I froze in my seat as he said that. Tears unwillingly filled my eyes and spilled on my cheeks. I felt Mino sit beside me and hold my hand, squeezing it.

“Yuri what’s wrong?” Jiyoung asked, concerned. I couldn’t control my shaking voice and tears as they turned into sobs.

“U-u-umma and appa a-are...” I started sobbing hard and I to Minho’s chest and cried my heart out. Not just out of sorrow for my parents but also the realisation that we would never be a whole family again. Jiyoung would never see our parents again and neither would I.

“Yuri please don’t say that. It’s not even remotely funny. Please Yuri... please... no.” I turned to my brother whom I hadn’t seen for years and hugged him. We cried together, comforting each other on our loss. It was a little easier for me but not much.

He whispered:

“What happened Yuri?” Hesitantly I told him the fateful day’s events. My voice shook hard during some parts but I felt Mino’s hand upon mine and somehow it gave me the courage to carry on. I was about to continue talking when I heard Jiyoung say:

“Yuri? Who’s that?” He pointed behind me and towards Taeyeon who had been standing at the foot of the stairs wiping her tears.

“It’s a long story but you have 8 new sisters.”

“Mwoh

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter