Dancing With My Heart

Love at Hope Academy
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Minho’s POV:

I woke up early on the day of the competition. I was excited and nervous at the same time but I was sure I was going to love the competition. I ran downstairs and quickly ate before kissing my mother goodbye. The competition didn’t properly start until evening time but we had to be there early to make sure that everyone was signed in, in their costumes and had their makeup on in time for the competition.

I called Eunhyuk and asked if he wanted to walk to the competition venue with me. We met up outside his house and began to walk towards the venue.

“Dude you would not believe how much Hyoyeon and I have practised this week; it hurts just thinking about it.” I chuckled.

“Same with Yuri and I. It’s been exhausting. At least it’ll be over by the end of the day.”

“Have you got your costume checked out?” he asked.

“Neh, it’s not too bad it just looks like a black tuxedo.” He smiled and said:

“Same except mine is blue. I wonder what the girl’s are going to be wearing.” I nodded, wondering how Yuri was going to be dressed. I couldn’t deny the feeling that my heart beat faster every time I saw her; that it skipped a beat every time she smiled and laughed. I don’t want to hurt her and seeing her smiling and laughing with me gives me hope that she’s getting over me.

“Thinking about Yuri huh? What’s going on with you two?” Eunhyuk snapped me out of my thoughts. I shrugged.

“I don’t know. We’re friends now but...” I trailed off. Eunhyuk raised his eyebrows.

“But?” he pressed.

“But I can’t help feeling what I do for her but if I tell her she’ll get hurt.” Eunhyuk sighed and patted my shoulder.

“C’mon dude, think of it like this: A couple more months and you’ll never have to see her again and get confused.” I sighed and nodded in agreement.

We reached the venue and entered a large hall. The stage was being set up on the far side while seats were being inspected to make sure they were clean. On the other side there was a desk that people were lined up in front of. We lined up as well seeing as above the desk it said:

Seoul Dance Competition Sign-in Desk.

We gave our names and school name so we could go and start getting ready. Surprisingly, Yuri and Hyoyeon had already signed up and were waiting in the wardrobe department. It took a long time to even get our costumes on because there were so many people. I didn’t even want to think about how long it was going to take for the girls to get ready. Even I knew how long some girls spent on their hair, makeup and making sure they look perfect.

Eunhyuk and I were ready and were nervously pacing the room, waiting for our partners. Hyoyeon came out first; looking amazing in a short blue dress with her hair tied up in an intricate bun. Her make-up was simple and brought out her best features.

“Wow Hyo you look amazing!” I gaped. She smiled:

“Kamsahabnida Minho. Yuri will be coming out in a second so you shouldn’t have to wait long.” I nodded while she walked off to find some seats with Eunhyuk. I paced nervously, glancing at the clock. What was taking her so long?

“Minho?” I heard Yuri’s voice behind me. I turned around to face her and my heart stopped. Her outfit was very, very revealing. Black as the night and sparkly; it showed large amounts of her glowing skin. Almost one of her legs was completely revealed as well as her back, arms and one side of her slim waist. Seeing her dressed so sensually made me feel something I had never experienced.

It spread from the crown of my head all the way down to my toes. I wanted to hide her away from the stares of the other guys as they spotted her; I didn’t want them to see her like this, I felt like it was only meant for me to see her li

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter