My Mystery Girl

Love at Hope Academy
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Minho’s POV:

I really don’t want to go to this dance. It will be so embarrassing, especially as it’s just me that doesn’t have a date. Taemin gave up on Yoona and asked Jessica’s little sister Krystal who, probably because she’s had a crush on him for a long time, immediately accepted. Onew of course was going with Taeyeon and Jonghyun and Key were trying to act cool about their dates with Jessica and Sooyoung but it failed because they couldn’t keep the smiles of their faces every time they saw them. As for me? I was only going because the others threatened not to go if I didn’t come and, seeing as they had dates who would be really offended if they got stood up, I agreed to go.

Now I was stood in front of the mirror in my room wearing some monkey suit. I was tugging at it so I could at least look passable. Lucky for me, Key was busy making sure he looked nice for Sooyoung, so he probably wouldn’t nag me about how I was dressing. I really should learn how to dress coolly though if I want to become a singer. I can’t believe that after this year I’m really going to be an entertainment trainee. It’s like a dream come true. Now I need to find a way to tell my parents. But not tonight, I’ll tell them after this event.

I went downstairs where my mother was waiting for me.

“Aaw my baby Minho looks so grown up now!” She gushed while wiping her eyes.

“Umma I’m 18 now can you not call me a baby anymore?” I groaned. She chuckled and replied:

“A child will always be a baby to its mother no matter how old it gets.” I hugged her gently so I wouldn’t crush her protruding belly. I looked down and said:

“Not long to go now huh? Maybe a week or so?” She nodded and asked:

“What do you want: a little brother or sister?”

“A sister. If I had a brother I’d probably get into many fights with him.” She ruffled my hair and said:

“Go on then Minho. Go enjoy your night, you’ve deserved it.” She chuckled. I kissed her cheek lightly and walked out to the car. I drove to the school where they were holding the event and got out. I walked into the event and saw everyone wearing masks. I hit my head as I remembered it was supposed to be a masquerade ball. Someone tapped me on the shoulder so I turned around to find myself face to face with Key who was smirking at me.

“You forgot your mask didn’t you?” He asked teasingly. I nodded whilst I rubbed the back of my neck in embarrassment. He chuckled and handed me a simple black and silver mask.

“Kamsahabnida!”

“I knew you’d forget yours so I brought a spare just in case. Have you seen Sooyoung by the way?” He looked around nervously. I shook my head and lay a hand on his shoulder:

“Relax dude she’ll be here when Taeyeon’s group comes. You know they’ll all come together. Just keep an eye out for a large group of girls.” I patted his shoulder reassuringly. Just then a large group of girls came into the hall. They all looked really hot. One was wearing a short black dress that showed off her long, lean legs and a gold mask. She looked around and came towards us smiling at Key.

“Hi.” She smiled shyly at Key who looked dumb-founded.

“Sooyoung?” He asked shocked. Sooyoung nodded shyly and blushed “Wow, you look amazing!”

“Thanks, you look really handsome.” She blushed even redder at her own comment.

“Thanks. Umm do you want to dance?” Key asked nervously. Sooyoung nodded and Key took her hand and led her to the dance floor. I mouthed ‘good luck’ when he looked back at me. After he left I didn’t really know what to do with myself. I decided to get myself some punch. I scooped some up into a glass and was about to take a sip when a

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter