Chapter 2

You Are Mine!

Soojin opened the door slowly.  She does not want to make any noise because she scared her uncle or aunt knows that she came home late. It is because of the heavy rain that made her stopped her journey for a while. She took off her shoes and put it on the shoe rack. When she found that she is safe, she walked to her room.

 

"Song Soojin! Stop right there! " Someone stopped her and she suddenly felt her knees were trembled. Soojin turned back and she saw her aunt had been stood in front of her.  She started to feels uneasy.

" Yes madam."  Soojin replied slowly.  Since she live with her uncle and aunt, she was not allowed to call them whether aunt or uncle.  They asked her to call them madam and sir. The lady walked over Soojin and stared at her.

"Why are you late today?"  The lady asked with a very scary tone. Soojin just kept herself quiet and refuse to tell her.  She was actually so cold because of her wet clothes.

" Answer me!” the lady shouted and makes Soojin startled. She slept her face and Soojin fell on the floor. The feels..only she know how does it feels. Her tears suddenly drop one by one.  She stood up and faced her aunt.

"I’m sorry madam. It was rain heavily just now.  That is why I stopped for a while.  I didn’t bring my umbrella though. If I was hit by the rain, I will fall sick and I can’t go to school for study.” Soojin answered with her trembling voice.  Suddenly she felt pain on her head./  her aunt hold her hair tight.

" Ohhh..now I see. You scared that you will fall sick. And you don’t even care about me? Huh?! I’m starving here waiting for you and you still came late? Hey! Listen to me. I’m the one who adopted you and this is what you repay me? You need to be taught!” The lady stormed off.  She can’t accept the answer that Soojin is waiting for the rain to stop to come home.  Once again she slapped her face until her lips bleed. Her aunt voice sounded far away and she finally become unconscious.

 

Soojin woke up when her face was splashed with water.  She woke up and sat on the floor. Suddenly someone threw the pail beside her and makes she shocked.

"Ha!  Finally you are wake up! The sun is already rises up! You want to skip your school just because of you were hit by rain yesterday? Never!  The expenses are very expensive! If it is not because of your wealth, I will send you to the cheapest school here! What are you waiting for? Go and prepare breakfast now! I’m late already!” Her aunt shouted at her.  Soojin stood up and went straight to the kitchen to prepare the breakfast.

After she is done with the breakfast, she prepared herself for school. She stood in front of the mirror and looked at her face. Bruises were everywhere on her face.  Soojin touched her lips and she moaned in pain.

* How do I want to go to school with a face like this?  They must be asking me a lot.*

After took a few times to think, Soojin finally headed to her wardrobe and pulled out her mask.  She wore the mask to cover up her bruises on her face.  Once she is satisfied, she walked to her school. Since the school is quite far from the house, Soojin had to go out earlier than anyone else.

 

                When she reached at her class, Soojin quickly took her seat and remain silent. All eyes were on her.  Her heart suddenly beats faster.  But she just acted like nothing had happened. Eunhee who was just arrived took her place next to Soojin.  She saw Soojin is wearing the mask and she just stared at it.

"Are you not feeling well Soojin?” Eunhee asked with concern. Soojin didn’t answer but she just nodded slowly. After that Eunhee remained silent. During the class, Soojin didn’t took off her mask and when she was asked by the teacher, she said that it is dangerous for other students to watch it.

 After two hours sitting in the class, the recees bell finally rang. As usual, all the students rushed to the café to buy food except Soojin. She climbed upstairs to the rooftop alone. She opened the door and approached the edge of the walls. She took off her mask slowly as she felt the air on her lips. Once again she touched her lips the tears began to drop. She suddenly remembered the moment when she was with her parents.  Her parents did spoil her too much. Drop by drop and finally she burst into tears.

"Soojin ah .."  A voiced called her name and Soojin turned back without wearing the mask. She forgot about her face. Yebin stared her friend’s puffy eyes.  She saw the bruises too! When Soojin realized Yebin is watching her, she quickly covered her face. Yebin approached her slowly.

"Soojin ah, what is wrong with your face?" Yebin asked as she arrived in front of Soojin. She took off the mask from her face and looked at her.  Yebin was so shocked to see her bestfriend’s face. Soojin finally can’t hold it anymore.  She cried as hard as her heart.  Yebin hugged her tight to calm her down.

"Soojin ah, tell me what's wrong? Tell me. I'm here for you. " Yebin asked her but she remain silence. She kept crying on her friend’s shoulder.