Chapter 20

You Are Mine!

 

It’s finally winter time! The kids were very happy because they can finally rest during the winter break. Since they were on school holidays, Soojin woke up earlier to help her mummy prepared the breakfast.  Only Yongguk and Himchan had wake up earlier and have breakfast together since they are working.   The others were still sleeping.  Soojin put the hot soup prepared by Mrs Yuri for her children on the table.

"Woah, as expected from our mummy! Hot soup on the cold day is really good! Thanks mummy!” Himchan said and he started to sip the soup.  Yongguk was eating silently. During winter seasons, their café will be very busy since people will request so much hot coffee during the cold weather. So he can’t waste the time. He must quickly go to the café.  After he had his breakfast, Yongguk and Himchan get themselves ready for work.    They wore the coats and Soojin helped them for that.

"Soojin ah, after this go to Daehyun’s and Youngjae’s room and increase the temperature of the heater okay. The temperature is getting lower. I’m afraid Daehyun will fall sick.” Yongguk said to Soojin.  Soojin gave him the hot pack and nodded.  After that Yongguk and Himchan left to work.

After both of them left, Soojin headed to upstairs and straight away went to Daehyun’s and Youngjae’s room.  She wanted to do what Yongguk told her just now. She also knows cold weather is Daehyun’s weakness.  She opened the door slowly and entered the room. Soojin approached Daehyun who was still in the dream. She took the comforter and wraps him. While she was busy correcting the comforter, suddenly something fall on her leg and made her shock. She took the thing.  It was a piece of tissue that has been used.  Without thinking twice, she took off the comforter from Daehyun. He eyes blinked of surprise when she saw a box of tissue and some lumps of tissues under the comforter.  She shook Daehyun’s body asking him to wake up.

 

"Oppa, Daehyun oppa!Wake up!"  Soojin said to wake Daehyun up. Daehyun opened his eyes slowly when he felt disturbed by someone else. He looked at Soojin who was sitting in front of him.

"Why? What’s wrong? Is the school holiday over?” Daehyun asked her. He was half wake up at that time. Soojin laughed when she heard the question.

"Hahaha. Oppa! The school holidays is just started!  Oppa what’s wrong with you? The tissues are all around here. Are you sick?” Soojin asked him. Daehyun looked around him. Soojin was right.  His bed was full with the lumps of tissues. He was actually can’t sleep peacefully yesterday. His sleep was disturbed by the flu. He took the tissues and passed it to Soojin.

 "O.M.G! Daehyun oppa! It's disgusting! "Soojin shouted when Daehyun threw the tissues to her.  Daehyun laid back and continued to sleep. Soojin was so frustrated.  She took all the tissues and threw them into the trash can.  After she increased the temperature of the heater, she left the room.

In the afternoon, Soojin is getting herself ready to hang out with her friends along with Hana and the others.  She was ready with her winter coat when suddenly someone knocked the door.

"Come in." Soojin said from inside. Youngjae opened the door and entered the room.  He was smiling happily to her.  Soojin looked at him weirdly.

"Youngjae oppa what do you want? I’m late now. Hana and Yebin will wait for me.” Soojin said when there was no response from Youngjae.

"Erm, can I follow you? I mean I want to take care of you. That day you were attacked by the stranger right? So it’s dangerous if you just hang out with girls. Probably the man will search for you back. So if I follow you, I can protect you.” Youngjae said and Soojin suddenly laughed.  She approached Youngjae and pinched his cheeks. Youangjae groaned in pain.

"Aigoo ... my oppa is so cute! Just say that you actually want to meet Hana right? Come and join us. Let’s bring Zelo too! I have a very good idea.” Soojin replied with smile.  When he heard Soojin’s words, Youngjae went out from the room with joy.  Soojin knows he had his own plan.  After she checked herself in front of mirror, she ran downstairs. Her eyes looked at Youngjae, Zelo , Daehyun and Jongup who were waiting for her in the living room. She knew that Youngjae and Zelo will follow her but she was shocked when she saw Daehyun and Jongup were there too.  He looked at Daehyun.  He wore his black mask to cover his face. His eyes looked a little redness.

"Jongup oppa, are you following us?” Soojin asked Jongup. Jongup who was busy scrolling his phone looked at her.

"Ah, no. I want to follow mummy to hospital. Daehyun hyung is getting weaker so mummy want to send him to the hospital.” Jongup answered happily. The answer surprised her. She quickly stopped from wearing the shoes and approached them.

"What’s wrong with Daehyun oppa? Is he sick?” Soojin asked and she approached Daehyun.  Daehyun remain silence at his seat.

"It’s a normal thing for Daehyun hyung.  When winter comes, hyung and the hospital become bestfriend. Hyung cannot stand with the cold weather. So he always admitted to the hospital at least for one night due to the illness. This morning he had finished two boxes of tissues. That’s why mummy wants to take him to the hospital.” Zelo explained to all of them. When they were busy chatting with each other, Mrs Yuri came out from her room and brought a coat with her. He approached Daehyun who were in the living room.

"Daehyun, are you ready dear? Take this and wear it. Let’s go now. Or we will be late.” Mrs Yuri said and she came out from the house. Daehyun and Jongup followed her. After they left, Soojin and the others also leave the house.  Three of them walked together.  Along their way, Soojin can’t stop thinking of Daehyun.  She felt really bad and worried about him.

"Soojin! Zelo! Youngjae oppa! Hi! "Yebin shouted from far. She ran to her best friend and hugged her. Soojin replied the hug.  They walked together to Yongguk’s café to wait for Hana. The four of them went inside the café and took their seat.  Soojin was searching for someone. Not long after that, Hana went into the café.

"Hey guys, sorry late." Hana said. She looks so cute with her winter coat. She took the empty seat beside Youngjae. Youngjae smiled happily when Hana seats beside him.

"Okay, so let's go! What are we waiting for? " Yebin asked excitedly. She smiled at Zelo but Zelo just replied with a bland smile. All of them walked out from the café except Soojin.  She headed to the counter to ask the worker something.

"Err, may I ask something, where is Yongguk oppa?" Soojin asked the worker.

"Err, boss went to the hospital. He said there is an emergency.” The worker answered her question.  Soojin nodded slowly and she walked out from the café. When she stepped out from the café, Yebin suddenly hugged her and cried.

"Hey, Yebin ah,what's wrong? Why are you crying?” Soojin asked while she rubbed her back.

"Soojin ah, my Baby Boy fainted at his company! I have to go to the hospital now! I can’t join you guys today! Sorry.” Yebin said while sobbing. When Zelo heard the word Baby Boy, he suddenly went into the café and leaves all of them. Youngjae and Hana looked at each other. Soojin just shook her head.

"It's okay Yebin ah. We can go see him together, right? You wait here a moment. I want to call Junhong. "Soojin replied and she ran into the café. She ran to the upstairs. She knows Zelo must be misunderstood with Yebin’s words. She knocked the door several times.

"Junhong ah, open the door now." Soojin shouted from outside. No response from inside. Soojin finally opened the door. She stormed into the room and approached Zelo who was sitting facing the wall.

"Junhong ah .." Soojin called him and pulled his body to face her. Zelo insisted at first but he slowly look at Soojin.  Soojin stared at his eyes.  His eyes were filled with tears.

"I know how you feel towards her Junhong ah. You love Yebin don’t you? "Soojin asked and Zelo were surprised with the question. He quickly wiped his tears aways.

"Eh, no way. I’m just feeling sad that she can’t follow us.”  Zelo answer rapidly and suddenly Soojin laughed. She knows Zelo is trying to hide his feelings from everyone. But she already knows about it.

"Junhong ah, it’s okay. I can see from your eyes. You love her. You can lie but your eyes can’t. I know about it. You are actually just misunderstood with her. Baby Boy who she keeps mentioning is her adopted brother.  Her adopted brother is a trainee and will debut as an artist soon.  Okay. Now, let’s go to the hospital.  You can meet him too.” Soojin explained to him and she pulled his hands. Zelo just follow the steps. He felt relieved after he heard the explanation. Both of them came out from the café.

"Zelo, why are you so slow to come out? We are late to the hospital.” Youngjae scolded him. They had been waiting for both of them to come out from the café. Zelo remain silence. They ended up walking to the bus stop and took the bus to the hospital. When they arrived at the hospital, they rushed to the counter. Yebin was the first one to arrive at the counter.

"Err, is there new patient registered here? His name is Jeon Jungkook.” Yebin asked the officers about her adopted brother.

"Err, wait a second.” The officers checked the patients name in the computer. But there is no one who named Jun Jungkook. She looked at Yebin.

"Sorry miss. But there is no one who named Jungkook here.” The officer said to them. Yebin looked at the others. Zelo suddenly approached the officer.

"Are you sure miss? Can you double check it again?” Zelo asked the officer. The officer nodded and checked it once again.  While they were busy searching for the name, suddenly a boy approached them.

"Yebin noona?" Called the boy.  Yebin turned to him. She cried as she saw Jungkook was approaching her. Zelo turned back because he does not want to look at the moment.

"Baby Boy!" Yebin shouted and hugged him tightly. Jungkook who were surprised with his sister action release the hug slowly.

"Noona? What’s wrong? What are you doing here?” Jungkook asked her.  The question made Yebin looked back at him.

"Kookie ah, Yebin said you fainted and was taken to hospital. So how can you ..? "Soojin didn’t finish her question when Jungkook laughed loudly.  Yebin and the others looked at him strangely.

 

"Noona, you must be misunderstanding about this. It’s true that I went to this hospital. But it’s not me who sick. It’s V hyung. He fainted in the practice room. He can’t stand to the cold weather. That’s why. But I never thought that he will faint this time.” Jungkook explained to all of them. Yebin released a sigh of relief after she heard the explanation.

"Hurm, so the news is not true?” Yebin asked for confirmation. Jungkook nodded and he hugged his sister.

"Hurm, aigoo. My noona is so worried about me. Let’s go and meet V hyung. He had been moved to a ward.  Let’s go. I will introduce you with V hyung’s mom.  She is a good person.” Jungkook said to Yebin.  All of them agreed and they followed Jungkook to the ward. While they were on the way to the ward, they bumped into someone they know.

"Yongguk hyung! Himchan hyung! "Youngjae shouted and both of them stopped. Hanbyul who was there also turned back. They approached Yongguk and the others.

"Omo, kids, what are you doing here? I thought you guys were enjoying yourselves?” Himchan asked them.  He looks at Hanbyul and the girl just smiled.

"Err, there was a little misunderstanding. That's why we're here. Hyung, let me introduce our friends,this is Yebin and her adopted brother Jungkook.” Zelo said to his brothers.  He just introduced Jungkook as Yebin’s adopted broher.  All eyes were on him suddenly. Jungkook bowed to both of them.

"Himchan hyung, why are you here by the way?" This time Youngjae asked him.  Himchan looked at Yongguk and smiled.

"Woah.  Don’t you know why? It’s winter! So who else who always admitted to hospital during winter? It’s Daehyunie of course. He had a bad flu. So he’s getting the IV now.  Mummy called me when I was on date with Hanbyul. That’s why she is with me.” Himchan answered him. When they heard about it, Soojin ran topwards him and hold Himchan’s hands tightly. Himchan was totally surprise.

"Oppa, where is Daehyun oppa now? Where is he now?” Soojin asked anxiously. She was actually worried about Daehyun. She had noticed it earlier but she didn’t tell her mummy. Hana looked at her bestfriend. She noticed something about Soojin. She had five brothers but she seemed very concerned about Daehyun. She also does not know why.

"Let's go. I show you the ward. Are your friends going with us? Let’s go!” Himchan said and he walked with Hanbyul and Yongguk.  Soojin and the others just followed them. Yebin and Jungkook too. When they arrived in front of the room, Jungkook suddenly noticed something.

"Wait a minute. Hyung, is this the ward? "Jungkook asked Himchan.  All eyes were on him.  Himchan and Hanbyul looked at each other. Yongguk also stared at him.

"Yes. This is the ward. Why?” Himchan asked him back.  Soojin also looked at Jungkook to ask for confirmation.

“ No, it’s nothing. Yebin noona. We are here. At V hyung’s ward.” Jungkook replied and all of them were surprised. Youngjae glared at him. Jungkook had no idea. He looked at Yebin to ask for help. Youngjae and the others were looking at him. They surely don’t know about their relationship before.

"Err, that's good. So,what are we waiting for? Let’s go in!? Yebin said and dhe pulled Jungkook’s hands and brought him inside the room. Soojin and Hana looked at each other and they followed their steps. The room was occupied by only two patients. Daehyun and V were admitted to the same ward. They went to see V first while the rest went to visit Daehyun. V is sleeping at that time.  Soojin and Hana bowed to the woman beside him. The woman smiled to them. She looked at Soojin. Her face is familiar. Suddenly she remembered that she met her at the café with Daehyun.  She tried to act calm and hide her feeling.

"Woah, you are Taehyung’s friends too?” The woman asked them. Yebin smiled at the woman.

"No, aunty. These are my friends. Her brother is sick too. Her brother is just next to V oppa. He was placed here too. Aunty how is V?” Yebin answered with a smile.

"Ohh I thought you guys are Taehyung’s friends. V is okay now. It’s a normal thing since it’s winter.  But I’m surprised that he fainted. No worries. He can be discharged tomorrow.” The woman explained to them. Yebin breathed in deeply.

"Oh really? It’s good to hear that. I hope he recover soon.” Yebin replied to her.

" Aww, thank you dear to us? Why I didn’t see him.” The woman asked Yebin.

"Oh. It’s her brother.” Yebin answered nicely.

"Annyeonghaseyo..Song Soojin imnida. Bangapseumnida. " Soojin finally introduce herself to V’s mother. It’s a little awkward since it’s the first meeting. She smiled when she heard her voice.

"Ahh, nice name. By the way, who is sick? What is his name?” The woman suddenly asked Soojin.

"Err,my brother. His name is Jung Daehyun.” Soojin answered the question. When she heard the name, the woman’s face changed. Yebin noticed about it.

"Aunty? Aunty why? Are you okay?” Yebin asked her and she woke up from her daydream.

"Err, o-okay. I’m okay. Heh. Hurm, Soojin ah,let me introduce myself. I am Sara. Aunty Sara. Kim Sa Ra.” Mrs Sara finally introduced her name.  soojin just nodded and smiled. While they were chatting, Youngjae suddenly approached her and whispered something to her ears.

  "Soojin ah, let's go. Everobody is waiting for us. "Youngjae said to her.  Soojin nodded slowly.

"Err, aunty, I have to go now. I want to meet my oppa. See ya!” Soojin said and Mrs Sara just nodded slowly.  Soojin and Hana headed towards Daehyun.  Soojin ran to Daehyun who was sleeping.

 

"Oppa! Daehyun oppa! "Soojin shouted loudly.  Yongguk who was just behind her touched her shoulder.

“Soojin ah, shh. Daehyun is resting right now. He had been injected with the sleeping medicine. The doctor told him to rest a lot.” Yongguk said to comfort Soojin.  Soojin turned back and looked at Yongguk.

"Yongguk oppa, what happened? Daehyun oppa is okay right? I have noticed his pale face since morning. I want to tell mummy but I’m afraid that Daehyun oppa wwill scold me so I didn’t tell. Mummy I’m sorry.” Soojin said anxiously. She also doesn’t know why she is acting like that. She started to cry.;

"Come here my little princess.” Mrs Yuri called Soojin. Soojin approached her mummy without protest. Mrs Yuri hugged her only princess in her life.

"Aigooo..my princess is always crying. It’s okay. I know all my children so well. Soojin has a tender heart. It’s okay dear. Daehyun is just fine. He just need some rest.  He can go back tomorrow. Don’t balame yourself okay? I love all my children.” Mrs Yuri tried to comfort her. Soojin silenced for a moment and she finally nodded slowly.

"Er, hey kids, have you had your lunch?” Yongguk suddenly asked. Youngjae and the others shook their head.

"Then let us go eat first. Later we came back. "Yongguk said to them. They were all agreed and headed to the hospital café. Soojin is the only one who was still sitting beside Daehyun.  Hana approached her best friend.

"Soojin ah, let's go to eat. Later we will be back right here too. Let's go. "Hana said. This time Soojin agreed. She walked with Hana and Yebin out from the room. Before they leave, Mrs Yuri asked Mrs Sara to take care of Daehyun for a while.