Chapter 7

You Are Mine!

        Soojin stretched her body on the bed after she cleaned herself. She quickly woke up from the bed when she heard someone opened the door from outside. She pulled up the comforter to her chest.  Her body suddenly trembled due to her fear. Yongguk entered the room.  Suddenly Soojin remembered about the tragedy that happened to her.

"No! No! Please do not come! Please! Mummy !!!! "Soojin screamed loudly. Yongguk who was totally surprised with Soojin shouted to call his mother. Mrs Yuri rushed to the room.  She approached Soojin and hugged her tightly.  Soojin cried so hard.

"Shh ....my dear..mummy is  here. Mummy is here.” Mrs Yuri tried to persuade her. She was actually worried with Soojin.  Since she came to the house, she will scream everytime boys tried to approach her. She asked Yongguk to call her for dinner.  She didn’t think something like this will happened. Yongguk approached them and sat next to Mrs Yuri.  He looked at the crying Soojin.

"Soojin ah.. this is Yongguk oppa. I’m sorry if I made you scared. But I didn’t mean anything. I just want to call you for dinner. I am not a bad person.  Mummy never thought us to be like that.” Yongguk said and he left the room. Soojin still cried in her mummy’s shoulder.  She hates herself for felt traumatized by her own oppas.

         Mrs. Yuri patiently accompanied her only daughter and youngest in the family.  She patted her back gently to calm her down. Soojin suddenly released the hug.  She looked at her mother’s face. Her eyes were swollen because of crying.  Mrs Yuri smiled as she saw her puffy eyes.

"Aigoo..look at you. My daughter is not cute anymore because she keeps crying. “ Mrs Yuri . She wanted to see her daughter smiles. Soojin just gave her bland smile.

"Mummy, can I ask you something?” Soojin suddenly asked as she wiped her tears away.

"Yes dear. What is it? " Mrs. Yuri asked back. Soojin laid on her mother’s lap.  She wanted to be spoiled with her mummy.  She had never felt a mother’s love since her parent’s death.  Meeting Mrs Yuri is just what she had dreamed of since years ago.

"How did you meet with oppas?” Soojin asked. Truthfully, she had waited for the time to ask her mother about this. Her oppas looked so happy like nothing had happened in their lives. She wanted to know why Daehyun hate girls so much. Mrs Yuri smiled when the girl asked that question.

"Oh, so you want to know the story of all your oppas? Sure. Let’s start with Yongguk. I found him at a supermarket.  He was picking up the trash for to sell. I went to buy some goods at that time and I bumped into him at a restaurant. I saw him watching others eat. At that time Yongguk was still a kid.  Just twelve years old. So I approached him and I asked him where is his parents? He said that they are dead and he lives alone. Nobody care about him. So I bought him meals and after that I left. But on the next day when I’m about to go out, I saw him sleeping in front of the gate.  He was actually followed me back from the supermarket. So since that day I took care of him like my own son until now.” Mrs Yuri started to tell Soojin the story of Yongguk.

"So Yongguk oppa is the f first one to come here and your first son?” Soojin asked her mother. Mrs Yuri nodded slowly.

 

"Yup. Yongguk oppa is my first son.  My husband and biological son died in an accident a year before I found Yongguk.  Just like Yongguk, Himchan came to my house with the same way. That day, I came home late at night. I just slept with Yongguk because he had fever. So I accompanied him. But suddenly I heard someone crying. I came out to the gate and I found Himchan.  I asked him why is he cried in front my house?  he told me that his parents get divorced and both of them don’t want to raise him. He overheard their conversations and he ran from the house. He walked until he reached my house and suddenly cried because he is afraid of dark. Since that time, I took care of him too. But until now, his parent’s didin’t come to look for him. Not only him but all of them.  Himchan told me too that he don’t want to find them.” Mrs Yuri continued her story. Soojin just remained silence as she listened to the story.

" A year after that, Youngjae came to my house. But it’s not me who found him. Himchan and Yongguk did.  They brought him back to the house. I still remember Youngjae was seriously injured at that time. I asked Yongguk and Himchan about Youngjae and they told me they saw Youngjae was beaten by a group of men on their way home from school. That’s why they brought him back. He fainted at that time. So I treated his wounds. When he was awake, I asked him what happened.  It’s because of his father. He sold him to the shark loans because he can’t pay them. Luckily Himchan and Yongguk was there. Yongguk have a fighter spirit in himself and he learned it from his father.  If they were not there, I don’t know what will happen to Youngjae.” Mrs Yuri keep go on with her stories.

"Jongup and Junhong ... they come together. If I'm not mistaken they were still very young when they came.  Junhong was very thin at that time. You can see his bones. They asked for food at my house.  Youngjae did give them some food but they refused to go. I tried to talk to them but they don’t want to leave. They said they had no parents. I pity Junhong at that time because he looked so sick. So I took care of both of them. Look at him now. He’s growing up so well.” Mrs Yuri explained.  Soojin suddenly frawned.

 "Mummy, so Daehyun oppa is the last person to come to this fgamily before I come?” Soojin asked her mother and she nodded slowly.

"Yes. Daehyun came after a year Jongup and Junhong came. He ran away from his house. Hisfather cheated with another woman.  And because of that woman, her mom left him alone. He was left with his father. After his father gets married with that woman, she tried to make his father hate him. She hates Daehyun and even poisoned his father to expel him from the house. She did it when his father expelled him from the house. He went to a playground near my house and slept in the sliding for three days without eating. My children found him unconscious when they were playing at the playground.  I took him to hospital and starting from there he become my son. He just broke up with his girlfriend. The girl cheated him. From my knowledge, Daehyun loved her so much and he couldn’t accept the fact that the girl left him and he almost killed himself.  He took a lot of sleeping pills.  Fortunately Youngjae came into the room at that time. If not, you probably won’t be able to see him now.  I brought him to the hospital. Luckily he was saved and hospitalized for a week. After he was discharged from the hospital, he told me that he hate all girls.  That’s why you have to be patient with him.  He is actually okay but yeah, his experience changed his life.” Mrs Yuri finished her story and smiled to Soojin.

 "Daehyun oppa mother didn’t look for him?” Soojin asked her mother. She was already sleepy when she asked the question.

"Nope. Never.” Mrs Yuri answered with smile. Soojin suddenly cried and made her mother surprised.

"Aigoo..you are crying again? Why?” Mrs Yuri asked and wiped her tears.  Soojin shook her head slowly.

"I- I feel so bad for them. They have experienced almost similar fate like me but I am still afraid and uncomfortable with them.  I know them so well but I’m afraid to accept them.” Soojin said with sob. Mrs Yuri smiled when she heard the girl’s confession.

"It's not your fault dear. So don’t blame yourself. You are just being trauma with the tragedy. Just take your time and you will be okay with them. Trust me.” Mrs Yuri said to calm her.

"Tell Yongguk oppa that i'm sorry." Soojin said before her eyes were closed tightly. She ended up sleeping on Mrs Yuri lap.  Mrs Yuri put her head on the pillow and pulled the comforter.  She kissed her forehead before leave the room.