Chapter 23

You Are Mine!

Daehyun took the comic Jongup bought for him while waiting for his mummy to bring food for him.  Mrs. Yuri knows Daehyun is not a picky person when it comes to food but he hate hospital foods so much. While she went to buy food for him, she asked Jongup to look after him. But because of something important suddenly came out, Jongup had to leave Daehyun alone in the hospital. Because he worried Daehyun will be bored staying alone, he bought a comic for him to read. While Daehyun is busy reading the comics, the door was opened from outside.  Mrs Yuri entered with a food in her hands.

"Woah, you are finally wake up. Did you sleep well?” Mrs Yuri asked while she put the food on the table. Daehyun closed the comic and he smiled at his mom.

"When did I sleep? I already woke up since early in the morning. Mummy, I’m bored here. I want to go back home now. Please tell the doctor that I’m just fine.” Daehyun complained to his mummy. Mrs Yuri shook her head. Among the seven children she has now, Daehyun is the only one who hates hospital the most. Maybe it’s because he was bored with the environment. She approached Daehyun and sat beside him slowly.

"Daehyun, listen to me. You will just stay here for a night. It’s 1 p.m now. Just left hours left. If you want to recover faster, listen to me okay.” Mrs Yuri persuaded him softly. Daehyun slowly sighed and nodded.

"Okay mummy. Did you buy me something? I’m hungry.” Daehyun asked suddenly.  His stomach has played various songs asking to be filled immediately. When she heard the question, she took a bowl of porridge from the plastic.

"I bought chicken porridge for you. This is your favorite right? Can you eat yourself or you want me to feed you?” Mrs Yuri asked him.  Daehyun laughed when he heard the question. He put his finger on his chin and thinks for a second.

"Well, my beloved mummy. I am sick but my mouth and stomach are always healthy to receive foods. I can eat myself. But…if you want to feed me… I think it’s not wrong right? Well yeah. Since you have two maknaes in the house now, I can’t get the opportunity to spoil with you. So today will be a great day to do that.” Daehyun said with full of expressions that made Mrs Yuri pinched both his cheeks. He moaned in pain.

"Ahhh ... AHHH ... Mummy! It’s hurt!” Daehyun said. Mrs Yuri laughed at his son attitude today. She didn’t know Daehyun can be so pampered at this time.

"Hahaha. Now you know it’s pain right? Don’t make a face like that again in front of me.  Look. That face again. I will ask aunty next bed to kiss you, then you know. I know you are handsome but don’t make that fgace in front of me okay. I can fall for you too you know. Enough. Let me feed you today. You want to be spoiled today right? Shame on you. You have four dongsaengs you know.” Mrs Yuri said while she took a spoon of porridge and gave to Daehyun.  Behind the curtain between the patients, somewas was crying when she heard Daehyun laughed with Mrs Yuri.

 

After lunch, Mrs Yuri gave Daehyun some pills that he must take after meal. After he took the pills, Daehyun laid down and put his headphones and started to listen to music.Not long after that, he  falls asleep with headphones on his head. Mrs Yuri who realized her son was asleep, approached him slowly and took out the headphone from his head.  She corrected his position and pulled the blanket over his body. She kissed his forehead.

"Err, ma'am?" Someone called her and made she turned her head at the person.a lady was standing in front of Daehyun’s bed. Mrs Yuri stood up and approached her.

"Yes?" Mrs Yuri asked her briefly.

"Ah, I’m Taehyung’s mother, a patient next to him, Sara. Err..can we talk for a moment?” Mrs Sara asked her.

"Ah, yes, I’m Daehyun’s mummy. Of course. Let’s go outside since they are both sleeping.” Mrs Yuri walked outside when she saw V is sleeping too. Mrs Sara followed her step and they sat on the bench provided outside the ward.

"Aha, how long have he been here? For what reason?” Mrs Yuri asked Mrs Sara politely. Mrs Sara replied with a bland smile.

"Hurm, since this morning. He fainted at his company when he was having a dance practice. He can’t stand with cold weather. Usually he’s not like this. But I don’t know why he fainted this time. That’s why I’m here.” Mrs Sara answered gently.

"Oh? Really? Then it’s same with my Daehyun. He was admitted this morning too. And the reason is the same. Daehyun too can’t stand with cold weather. Every year when winter comes, hospital will be his bestfriend. I think that’s why there were in the same room. Hahah. Oh yeah, if I’m not mistaken, Taehyung is Soojin’s friends right?” Mrs Yuri asked again. Mrs Sara nodded slowly. She already knows Taehyung is Soojin’s friend.

"Oh, really? Is it descent or what? Taehyung inherited it from me. I was sick like this too but I had recovered since I live overseas. I’m hurt to see him in pain like this.” Mrs Sara asked Mrs Yuri. She wanted to hear the answer from her.

"Hurm, I had no idea who he was inherited from. From what I know he was sick since he was a kid.” Mrs Yuri answered slowly.  Mrs Sara nodded but she still not satisfied with the answers. She wanted to hear from Mrs Yuri saying that Daehyun is not her son.

"Your son Daehyun, he is handsome. But if I look at his face, his face is not same with you. So I guess he followed his father huh?” Mrs Sara asked her again. Mrs Yuri looked at Mrs Sara when she heard the question. Nobody had asked her such a question before.

"Hurm, wow. It’s my first time. I mean this is the first time I heard people asked me a question like this. Hurm, let me tell you, he is actually not my biological son.” Mrs Yuri answered the question slowly. Mrs Sara was shocked with the answer. Mrs Yuri finally told her everything about Daehyun’s life. After she heard the whole story, tears drops down one by one from her eyes. She never thinks that Daehyun’s life was terrible after she left.  Mrs Yuri looked at Mrs Sara.

"Why are you crying?" Mrs Yuri asked her. When she heard the question, she quickly wiped the tears away. She stood up from the bench.

"Err, no it’s nothing. I just feel so sad to hear his story. Erm, I have to go now. I’m scared Taehyung will wake up.” Mrs Sara said and she quickly leaves Mrs Yuri alone. Mrs Yuri just stared at her blankly.

* She look so weird. *