Chapter 17

You Are Mine!

Zelo sat alone in his room. He was totally confused now. His heart broke into pieces when he heard Yebin said that she wanted to meet her baby boy after school. Yes. Since the first day he met with Yebin, he started to fall in love with her without no reason. For him, Yebin is a very special girl. Her cheerful character and cute appearance made he falls for her. But he was too shy to confess to her. He is afraid that he will be rejected by Yebin.  He never fall in love before so he don’t know want to do.  He does not want to become like Daehyun who was almost killed himself because of love. As he was in his world, someone opened the door. Zelo looked at the door. Daehyun is standing in front of the door.

"Oh, Daehyun hyung. Come in." Zelo said to his hyung. Daehyun stepped into the room and sat beside him.

"Where is Jongup?"  Daehyun asked him to start their conversation.

"Erm, I don’t know. Maybe he’s with Himchan hyung now.” Zelo answered shortly. The situation became silence again after that.  Zelo pretended to scroll down his phones while Daehyun just watched him. He suddenly smiled.

"Hyung, do you have something to say to me?” Zelo asked him as he saw Daehyun smile. Once again, Daehyun throw him a smile. He took Zelo’s phone and put it on the bed. Zelo just stared at him blankly.

"Yup. There is something that I want to ask you. Junhong ah, you like Yebin right?” Daehyun asked suddenly and made Zelo shocked. He looked at Daehyun. Daehyun smiled when he saw Zelo’s reaction.

"Hyung..Ho-how do you know?” Zelo asked him with curious. He never told anyone about his feelings. Even Jongup doesn’t know about it.  Daehyun laughed and touched his forehead.

"Junhong ah, I can see it from here. The way you look at her, the way you act when she's around you. I know because I had go through the feel of being in love with someone. I know how you feel. You are sad when she said she's going to meet his baby boy right? "Daehyun said to him. Zelo nodded slowly.

"Let me give you some advices. Baby boy is not really mean boyfriend. It can be others. There’s a lot that she can call them baby boy. Maybe he is her little brother, who knows? So don’t worry. What you have to do now is just find out who is the boy actually. If he is her boyfriend, I advice you to let her go or you will end up like me.” Daehyun adviced him.  Zelo released a mall sigh and nodded slowly.  He knows how bad Daehyun is when his girlfriend left him.

"Hyung, if I ask a question, promise me that you will not get mad. Please.” Zelo suddenly voiced out.

"Just say it. There is no reason for me to get mad my dear.” Daehyun replied calmly. Zelo took a deep breathe.

"How do you fall in love with Mirae noona?" Zelo asked suddenly and Daehyun face was totally changed. Zelo had mentioned the name that he hate for the rest of his life. it has been a long time since he heard that name. They never asked him about the girl after he was discharged from the hospital. Yes. Mirae. The girl who  was in Daehyun’s heart before. Looking at his hyung, Zelo suddenly started to think to change the atmosphere.

 

"Hyung, it’s okay. If you feel uncomfortable, ypu don’t have to answer my question.” Zelo said to Daehyun.  Daehyun shooked his head and smiled.

"It's okay. I can accept it now. I was stupid to fall in love with her. But I have realized now. Ja, let me tell you my love story.” Daehyun said. He took a pillow and put it on his thighs.

"I started to know her two years ago. She is the new student in my class.  She sat beside me just like you and Yebin. So we were both sitting next to each other and started to being close together.  Mirae is quite popular in school too. I still remember our love started on the White Day celebrations. I asked her to go out with my friends and in front of them I proposed her to become my girlfriend. You know what? Youngjae was there too at that time. At that time, I was totally fall for her.  But no long after that, she started to act weird. I started to smell something is wrong.  She started to avoid me, didn’t reply my messages, even we date rarely at that time.  I just let her go at that time because I was so so in love with her. One night, I bumped into her on the way home. She was with another boy. Hungging and they even kissed in front of me. She saw me after that and approached me. Then she took off the ring I gave her on the first date and simply said to me “ Daehyun, we are done.” I can’t accept it at first. I even don’t believe it that she will do something like that to me. So I decided to meet her in school but on the next day, she was absent.  She was absent until the teacher told us that she moved to study abroad. Then I realized that she really left me behind. Because I was too stress and too frust and being so selfish, I decided to commit suicide.  But I was lucky that mummy brought me to the hospital quickly. So that I still breathing here.” Daehyun told his sad love story that made him commit suicide.  Without he realized, the tears fall down to his cheeks. He quickly wiped it away.

"Daehyun hyung .." Zelo hold his hands tightly. He suddenly felt guilty. He knows it has been two years since that tragedy but still there is deep wound in Daehyun’s heart which cannot be treated by anyone. He knows how much Daehyun love her.

"Ahh, it's okay. I'm okay. Ja, go to sleep. Tomorrow we are going to school. I’ll come out frist.” Daehyun said and he stood up. As he took his first step, Zelo once again pulled his hands and made he turned to him.

"Why?"Daehyun asked him. Zelo was holding something on his wrist. It’s a silver bracelet which is never been removed by Daehyun from his wrist.

"Is this what Mirae noona gave you? I never saw you take it off from your hands.” Zelo asked and Daehyun chuckled.

"Aigoo..what are you talking about? This bracelet was from my mom. I got this as a present on my birthday.” Daehyun replied calmly.

"Hyung, what if ... one day Mirae noona come  back to you. Will you accept her again?” Zelo asked him again. Daehyun was speechless for a moment. The question made he think of Soojin. He also don’t know why.

"Never." Daehyun answered with full of confidence. He gently rubbed Zelo’s head before leave the room. After that he straight away entered his room. He laid on his bed. The answer he gave Zelo just now suddenly played on his mind.

* Never. Why? Because someone is trying to steal my heart now *

 Daehyun touched and kissed the bracelet that he wore. He stared at the bracelet. Suddenly, he remembered the celebration of his sixth birthday.

# FLASHBACK #

"Daehyun ah! Come here! I have something for you.” A woman shouted at her son. Daehyun ran to her mother. He was very happy to celebrate his sixth birthday with his beloved family. He had received the present from his father. Now it’s time for the present from his mom.

"Mama! Daehyun is here! " Daehyun shouted excitedly. The woman took his hand and put the bracelet on his wrist.  Daehyun just looked at the bracelet blankly.

"Mama, why do you give me bracelet?I’m a boy. Not a girl.”   I don’t want this!” Daehyun looked so sad. He showed that he protest the present gave by his mom. His mom smiled and slowly pulled him into her arms.

"Daehyun ah, I give you this bracelet so that it is easier for me to recognize you when we separate. When you miss me, you can see this bracelet.” Daehyun looked at the door when someone entered the room. He quickly wiped his tears. Youngjae entered the room and looked at him weirdly.

"Daehyun ah, are you crying?" Youngjae asked him as he heard someone sobbing.

"Err, no. I’m not. I'm cold. Youngjae ah, can you pass me my sweater? "Daehyun replied him. Youngjae reached the sweater and gave it to Daehyun.

"Do you have fever Daehyun?” Youngjae asked him and put his hands on Daehyun’s forehead but rejected by Daehyun.

"I'm okay. Just a little bit cold. "Daehyun answered fastly.  He quickly laid on his bed. Youngjae left and went into the bathroom after he raised the temperature in the room.

* I'm sure you cried just now Daehyun *