Hakyeon

Lost Demon
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

    I opened my eyes groggily, detecting the clanging of pots and pans from the kitchen and the rich smell of food. My brother couldn't cook to save his life, and I sat up hurriedly. The last time Youngjae tried to cook breakfast, he set the kitchen on fire!
    I pulled a bathrobe around myself quickly, padding out of bed and rushing down the stairs. I dashed into the kitchen, pulling up short when I saw an unfamiliar figure bent over the stove. 
    "Hello?" I said, picking up a heavy book and walking forward. He turned, a bright smile lighting up his face. 
    "Youngmin!" I put the book down, hurrying forward to envelop him in a hug. 
    "Hakyeon-oppa!" I smiled, squeezing him tightly. "What are you doing here?"    
    Hakyeon turned back to whatever was bubbling on the stove, giving me a knowing smile as he glanced at me. 
    "Youngjae had to leave for a few days to visit a friend. He called me to stay with you three while he was gone. As he put it, there was 'no way in hell' he was going to let you stay alone with two unfamiliar guys." Hakyeon lifted one eyebrow teasingly, turning around and finishing his cooking. 
    Ravi walked down the stairs a few minutes later, his hair adorably tousled. I smiled at him, waving when he smiled back. He visibly drew back when he saw Hakyeon, stepping in front of me and growling at the older male. 
    Hakyeon didn't bat an eyelash, picking up a nearby magazine and smacking Ravi's head with it. 
    "There will be no growling in this house!" Hakyeon said sternly, setting the magazine down and spooning oatmeal into three different bowls. 
    I looked over at Ravi, expecting him to be terrified of Hakyeon now, and saw him pouting instead. Quite cutely. 
    "Mianhae, hyung." Ravi said, looking up at Hakyeon and batting his eyelashes. The older male giggled, reaching out and patting Ravi's head gently. 
    "It's okay. Come, have some food." Hakyeon smiled, setting two bowls in front of the stools and pulling out honey and blueberries. 
    Ravi gestured for me to sit down, pulling out my stool for me. I smiled, adding blueberries to my oatmeal and beginning to eat. 
    "It's really good, Oppa!" I exclaimed, smiling at Hakyeon. He nodded approvingly, wiping his hands off on his ridiculous pink apron, resting his hands on his hips. 
    "I'll go wake up your friend." Hakyeon said, turning and walking up the stairs. I bit my lip nervously, worried about how Leo would react to Hakyeon. 
    They came walking down the stairs a little while later, Hakyeon with his arm curled around Leo, talking away. Leo had a look of absolute torture on his face, mixed with a terrifying death glare he fixed on Hakyeon. The older male didn't notice, continuing to talk and laugh. 
    "Come have something to eat." Hakyeon said sweetly, planting Leo in a chair as gently as possible, careful not to strain his injuries. 
    Leo didn't speak, still glaring at Hakyeon forcefully enough to burn holes in the other man's back. Ravi distracted his hyung by reaching over and inspecting the stitches on one of Leo's wrists.
    "How'd you sleep?" Ravi asked softly, looking over at Leo. Leo shrugged, pulling his hand back and brushing Ravi's bangs out of his eyes. 
    "Young man, what is that in your lip?" Hakyeon asked sternly, pointing a wooden spoon accusingly at Leo and planting his hands on his hips. Leo watched silently as a big drop of oatmeal dripped from the spoon onto the counter top, glaring at Hakyeon. 
    "It's a piercing, hyung. Can't you see it?" Ravi said, looking over at Hakyeon. Hakyeon frowned, looking at the silver ring distastefully. 
    "Take it out." Hakyeon said. Leo visibly bristled, pulling back from the countertop and narrowing his eyes at Hakyeon. 
    "He can't!" Ravi intervened, stepping between his two hyungs. Hakyeon still glared at the ring, sighing before turning around. 
    "Fine." Hakyeon gave up. Leo scooted forward hesitantly, still tensed to run if Hakyeon threatened his piercing again. 
    The rest of breakfast passed uneventfully, and I groaned when Hakyeon presented a chore list for Ravi and I. Leo was under strict instructions to go back to sleep and then take a shower, still weak from injuries. 
    "Oppa~" I whined, pouting at Hakyeon. He shook his head sternly, pointing imperiously towards my first task—changing the lightbulb in the porch light. It had been out for gosh knows how long, and I had been putting off changing it. 
    I tromped outside defeatedly, holding the new lightbulb and squinting up at the bulb above me. I reached up, hissing in disappointment when I was too short to reach it. I jumped up and down a few times, straining to reach high enough, then finally sighed. 
    I squealed in surprise when a pair of warm arms looped around my waist, hoisting me up gently. I looked down, my eyes wide, and saw Ravi smiling up at me. 
    "Need a hand?" Ravi rumbled, holding me up. I smiled, reaching up and changing the light bulb quickly with his help. I shivered when his breath stirred the skin of my stomach where my shirt was riding up, feeling the strong press of his fingers on my lower back. 
    "You can let me down now." I said, my voice shaking a little. Ravi nodded, setting me down gently, and then smiled at me. 
    "Team work." Ravi mumbled, rubbing the back of his neck a little shyly. I nodded, feeling my heart do a random flip in my chest and my cheeks heat with a blush. 
    "I-I'm gonna go...dust!" I stuttered, turning around and tripping on the entryway step. Ravi reached out to catch me, his momentum spinning me into his chest so I fitted neatly against him. 
    "Are you okay?" Ravi asked, looking down at me, his eyes wide in concern. His breath smelled of cinnamon and mint, stirring over my face.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter