Last Shot

Lost Demon
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

YOUNGMIN'S POV

    I looked up when Ravi and Kangnam came through the front door, shifting slightly on the couch. Leo came from the kitchen to see who was here, and he waved at them before returning to making dinner. I adjusted the blanket so I stayed warm and beckoned the boys closer while Ravi kicked his shoes off. 
    "Hey, what are you doing here?" I rasped, smiling at Kangnam. He and Ravi walked further into the living room and Ravi kissed my forehead, settling down next to me quietly. He threaded his fingers through mine and leaned his shoulder against mine, sighing softly. 
    "Just dropping Ravi back off. Yongguk has been fully cleared by the Agency, so Beast and M.I.B. are going back home." Kangnam said softly, waving to me. 
    "Thanks so much for all your help." I said, smiling and waving back. Kangnam nodded, turning and letting himself out with a soft closing of the door. 
    "Are you okay?" I asked, turning to Ravi next to me. He nodded violently and pasted a smile on his face, resting his hand on my knee. 
    "I'm just fine." Ravi said. I frowned, reaching out to feel his forehead. 
    "Are you sick?" I asked, looking at his bloodshot puffy eyes and pale face. Ravi batted my hand away with a weak chuckle, standing up and walking to the kitchen. 
    I stood up and followed him, crossing my arms as I reached the kitchen. Ravi and Leo were whispering by the dishwasher when I walked in and they sprang apart, Leo turning to put away dishes. Ravi looked guiltily at his feet before pasting that same fake smile on his face and looking up at me. 
    "What's going on?" I asked, frowning even when Ravi shook his head and kissed my forehead again. 
    "Just telling Leo about Yongguk's vacation. He won a trip to the France and he's decided to stay there and find a house." Ravi said. 
    "He didn't call?" I asked, poking around in my empty package of hi-chew. I dug through the cupboards, stopped when Leo smacked my hand and muttered about dinner soon. 
    "No, it was a last minute thing. He said he'll call in a while." Ravi said. "Isn't that great?"
    "Isn't it dangerous for him to be there now? When he's a newborn?" I asked. Ravi shook his head, giving me a tired smile. He leaned back against the countertop, tipping his head back and rolling his neck out. 
    "Apparently there's a whole secret society of supernaturals in France. He'll be fine." Ravi said reassuringly.  
    "You guys sit down, dinner will be ready soon." Leo said, gesturing to the kitchen counter. Ravi and I sat down at the barstools obediently, and Leo turned and presented us with two plates of food. 
    "Looks good!" I smiled, looking down at the food appreciatively. Leo nodded, coming around to sit next to me and start eating. I took a bite and chewed, frowning as I tasted the sauce coating the meat. 
    "Leo?" I said, wondering if my stuffed-up nose was affecting my sense of taste. He hummed, taking another large bite of food. 
    "This tastes like fish." I said. Leo hummed again, nodding as he took another bite. 
    "Wanted to try a new salmon recipe." Leo muttered. I reached out and snatched his plate away from him, gasping. 
    "Leo, are you insane? You know you're allergic!" I yelled. Leo ignored me, reaching out to stab of a piece of salmon off my plate with his fork and put it in his mouth. 
    "Ravi, get his EpiPen!" I commanded, picking up the plates and throwing them all in the trash, hearing the ceramic shatter distantly. 
    "Leo, come here." I said, grabbing his hands. He pulled back against me, almost yanking me off my feet while he thrashed. I dug my heels into the ground, fighting his strength frantically even as his eyes shimmered different colors. 
    "Get off me!" Leo growled, shoving me forward and gasping for breath. I fell on the ground with a crash, crying out when my knees hit the ground with bruising force. 
    "Leo!" Ravi yelled, running forward and grabbing Leo's shoulders. He slammed Leo back into the refrigerator, pinning him with one forearm across his throat while his other hand stabbed the syringe into Leo's leg. 
    Leo shuddered, clawing at Ravi and straining to get away. Ravi slammed him back against the fridge, looking back at me distractedly. 
    "Are you okay?" Ravi grunted, looking back to Leo when I nodded and pulled myself to my feet. Ravi strained to keep Leo pressed against the fridge, his biceps standing out thickly. 
    Leo snarled at Ravi and punched him in the side, knocking Ravi back. He reached out and grabbed Leo before he could run away, pulling him back. Ravi seized Leo by the back of the neck, sending his forehead crashing into the counter. Leo crumpled immediately, sprawling on his back with blood trickling down from a gash on his temple. 
    "What the hell is going on?!" I yelled, looking down at Leo with wide eyes. Ravi nudged Leo with his foot, and when Leo didn't do anything, Ravi squatted down next to him. 
    Ravi felt Leo's pulse and frowned, leaning in to inspect the cut on Leo's head. I sat down on a barstool, watching nervously as Ravi prodded Leo again. 
    "He's out cold." Ravi muttered. He stood, grabbing a cup from the sink and filling it with water. Ravi splashed the water over Leo's face and Leo shot up with a gasp, looking around with wide eyes. 
    "Leo, what is wrong with you?" Ravi asked, keeping a firm grip on Leo's shoulder. Leo looked at Ravi with surprise, then up at me, his fingers trailing over his still-swollen lips absentmindedly. 
    "What are you talking about? Why am I on the floor?" Leo asked. He reached up and touched the cut on his head, frowning down at his hands. "And why am I bleeding?"
    ", Leo, what happened?" Ravi breathed, shaking his head. He rubbed his hands over his face shakily, sighing.
    "Why are you asking me? What's going on?" Leo muttered. He started to get up and Ravi pulled him to his feet, drawing his hands back when Leo winced. 
    "What's wrong?" Ravi asked, stepping closer to Leo. Leo pulled up the sleeve of his shirt and frowned down at a dark blue bruise on his forearm. It pulsed slightly, the veins around it turning black and spiderwebbing under his skin eerily. 
    "What the hell is that?" Ravi hissed, glaring down at Leo's arm with horrified fascination. Leo grunted and pulled his sleeve all the way up, revealing another mark on his shoulder. 
    "I think it's where I got my shots but I don't know..." Leo trailed off, shrugging and shaking his head tiredly. 
    "Is there anything we can do?" Ravi asked, grimacing. Leo shook his head, turning towards the stairs. 
    "I think I'm just going to go to sleep." Leo said. Ravi nodded, waiting until Leo was out of the room before turning to me. 
    "He is not looking good." I said, biting my lip and swinging back and forth on the barstool idly.  
    "That fight earlier...he was like Yongguk when Mistress was controlling him." Ravi said, sitting down next to me with a sigh. 
    "But he hasn't had all three shots. Doesn't he need all three to be under her control?" I asked. Ravi had filled me in on everyt

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter