Truth

Lost Demon
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

RAVI'S POV

    I stretched sleepily, nuzzling further into Leo's side and yawning. He shook my shoulder and I opened one eye, looking up at him questioningly. 
    "I've been thinking." Leo started. I frowned, sitting up and leaning into his side with a sigh. 
    "I know I need to tell her. I just can't." I said, playing with my hands. Leo rested his palm on my knuckles, quieting my nervous fiddles and making me look at him. 
    "You need to tell her. Go do it right now." Leo said, looking at me firmly. I bit my lip, running my hands nervously through my hair and tugging on it. 
    "Right now?" I asked, already beginning to stand up. Leo nodded, giving me a thumbs up from the bed. 
    "Right now. It's a new day, start it with a clean slate." Leo urged. I nodded, turning and closing the door behind me softly.
    I took a deep breath, my hands clenched into fists at my sides. Three little words that held so much weight, three little words that I needed to say. I took one difficult step forward down the hallway and exhaled, taking another slowly. 
    I finally reached the end of the hallway and looked at the scene in front of me. Magnus was sitting with an unfamiliar man at the breakfast table, both of them munching on bowls of cereal and sipping coffee. This must be Alec, and he was talking lowly to Magnus as the morning sun streamed in from the front windows across his face. Youngmin was standing a few feet away from them in the kitchen, busy mixing up her own bowl of cereal. 
    None of them had noticed me yet, and I cleared my throat. All three looked over at me and I stepped forward until I was three feet away from Youngmin, looking down at her happy grin. I swallowed hard and took a deep breath, blinking slowly. 
    "Youngmin? There's something I need to tell you." I said. My voice trembled and I cleared my throat again, watching to smile slowly slip off her face. 
    "Yes?" Youngmin asked. I could hear her heartbeat tick up, her hands settling nervously on the rim of the bowl of cereal before her. 
    "I lied. Twice. Yongguk is not in London. Yongguk is dead." I said evenly, looking levelly into Youngmin's eyes. 
    Magnus' spoon clattered from his hand to the tabletop and Alec's head jerked up, both of them waiting for Youngmin's reaction. She frowned, a small line appearing in between her eyebrows. 
    "No, he's not." Youngmin said, shaking her head with a nervous smile. I nodded, stepping closer to her and resting my hands on her hips. 
    "Yes. He is. He died days ago, and I didn't tell you." I murmured, watching tears slowly pool in her eyes. 
    "No...no, he can't be! I don't believe you!" Youngmin yelled, stepping back away from me. I moved towards her and she pushed me back, shaking angrily. 
    "He is." I said, biting my lip. She heaved out a gasping breath and her hands shook as she looked up at me. 
    "He's not dead!" Youngmin yelled. I grabbed her shoulders and she shook me off, her nails scratching long red lines in her own forearm. 
    "Youngmin, I'm so sorry—" I started. Her nails dragged again down her arm and I caught her wrists, trying to make her look at me.
    "You lied to me!" Youngmin yelled, glaring up at me while tears slowly leaked down her cheeks. 
    "I'm sorry—" I started. She was the angriest I had ever seen her and she almost reminded me of Mistress, the way she glared at me like everything was my fault. 
    "Don't touch me!" Youngmin exclaimed, shoving me back with enough force for my back to hit the kitchen wall. 
    "Youngmin—" I started. I took a step forward with my hands held out, trying to calm her down. 
    "Shut up!" Youngmin screamed. Her hands found the bowl of cereal in front of her and she hurled it at me blindly. 
    I ducked quickly and the bowl shattered on the wall next to me, my hands covering my face to protect my eyes from shards. I dropped to the ground, curling up with my knees to my chest against the wall. 
    "You lied to me!" Youngmin yelled. I looked up and she threw the open carton of milk next to her, the cardboard container hitting the wall with enough force to split open and drench me. 
    "He was my brother too! He was /mine/ before he was yours!" Youngmin screamed. A metal spoon went flying and struck me in the forehead, making me drop my head down and whimper. I curled up as tightly as I could, trying to escape injury as she continued to throw whatever she could get her hands on.   
    "Youngmin, stop." Magnus' voice cut through the sound of Youngmin's screaming, but she didn't listen to him. 
    Something heavy thudded into my ribs and I jerked in pain, covering my head with a terrified sob. My eyes were pressed tightly closed and I took a gasping breath, yanked back quickly into my own memories. 

*flashback*

    "Stupid worthless idiot!" Mistress screamed, glaring at me in the middle of her living room. I swayed on my feet, trying to lean against the wall behind me to stay standing. 
    "I'm sorry—" I whimpered, watching with wide eyes as she glided over to the stack of neatly folded towels on the couch next to her. 
    "Ravi, I distinctly told you how to fold towels." Mistress hissed, her voice a deadly low promise of punishment. 
    "I tried..." I mumbled, tracing a long scrape on the back of my knuckles absentmindedly. Mistress' head jerked up at that and I flinched, knowing I should have kept my mouth shut. 
    "Tried? You tried?" Mistress spat, heaving up the towel on top and walking over towards me. 
    "Y-yes." I pressed myself back into the wall behind me, staring fixedly at my feet. Mistress threw the towel in my face and I caught it distractedly, my head snapping to the side when she slapped me. 
    "Try harder." Mistress growled. I nodded, staring at the floor when she began to walk away. 
    Just when I thought I was safe, Mistress turned and picked up a heavy glass vase from the coffee table. She spun and the vase hurled through the air towards my head, barely missing me when I ducked. 
    The vase shattered and fragments of glass rained down over my shoulders and neck, cutting me when I reached up and tried

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter