Plane

Lost Demon
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

RAVI'S POV

    I kissed the top of Youngmin's forehead, getting out of bed carefully and rubbing my eyes. She still felt like she had a small fever even though it had been a day since she first got sick, and I walked down the stairs quietly. Youngmin needed to sleep, and I had ordered Leo to take a strict vow of silence with me...even though he didn't talk much anyway. 
    I padded into the kitchen and poured myself a glass of water, allowing my mind to wander as I stared aimlessly out the window. Fog flittered gently across the field and the greenhouse's walls were steamed up in the cold weather. The trees had lost their leaves and they stood starkly against the grey sky, neutral and pensive. 
    There was something bothering me, something that I couldn't quite put my finger on. I sighed, furrowing my brow as I glared outside now, struggling to see what it was. Shaking my head after a few minutes, I put my glass in the sink and washed my hands absentmindedly, turning when I heard the doorbell. 
    I walked across the wood floor slowly, shaking my head and smiling softly. I opened the door, expecting Leo. 
    "You always forget your key, don't you—" I cut myself off, looking at the tall man standing there. "Kangnam?"
    "Hello, Ravi." Kangnam bowed to me, offering a gentle smile and nudging Kiseok next to him. Kiseok rolled his eyes and bowed to me, managing a smile and looking around distractedly. 
    "We're here for Yongguk. Have you seen him?" Kangnam asked. I frowned slightly, biting my lip and continuing to stand so they couldn't pass me. 
    "Why do you want to see him?" I asked, an edge entering my voice. "Is this about Kikwang?"
    "Calm down. This is about Beast's original investigation." Kangnam reassured. I nodded slightly, stepping back and motioning for them to come inside. 
    "Why don't you explain while I get us a drink. But please, try to stay quiet. Youngmin's sleeping." I said, seating them on the living room couch and walking to the kitchen. I could still see them and smiled softly as Kiseok inspected the Hi-chew wrappers littered all over the floor from Youngmin. 
    I poured three glasses of water and carried them carefully to Kangnam and Kiseok, setting them on the table and sitting on the couch. I raised my eyebrows expectantly at Kangnam, motioning for him to speak. 
    "The original reason Beast was sent here was to investigate the plane crash that caused the death of Yongguk's parents. We just want to know what happened." Kangnam said. 
    "Why does it matter?" I asked, shifting slightly in my seat. 
    "The Agency simply likes to keep tabs on this sort of thing." Kangnam shrugged. "We just need to talk to Yongguk, and see what he remembers."
    "What if he doesn't want to talk to you?" I asked carefully, setting my empty glass down and rolling out my neck. 
    "There's a drug we can administer if necessary. It's completely harmless, but it will make Yongguk answer our questions honestly." Kangnam said softly. 
    "How do you know this drug works?" I asked. 
    "I've seen it work before, and Kangnam has used it many times. I've seen him even use it on someone who was unconscious, and it still worked." Kiseok spoke up, nodding at me. 
    "It's completely harmless?" I verified. 
    "Of course." Kangnam said quickly, taking a sip of water. I nodded, biting my lip as I considered everything. 
    "Alright." I said. "Yongguk fell off a building two nights ago. The head of the city's vampire clan bit him and right now he's with them, turning." 
    "What?!" Kangnam exclaimed, jumping to his feet. Kiseok stood somewhat slower, but he shared Kangnam's horrified look. 
    "What's wrong?" I asked, standing to match them. 
    "You let a vampire bite him?" Kangnam asked in a furious whisper, running his hand nervously through his hair. 
    "Yeah, what's the problem?" I asked, my face creased in confusion. And then it hit me, the thing I had been trying to remember. 
    "." I whispered. Vampire bites were deadly to werewolves, just like wolf blood was poison to vampires. 
    "We need to get to him." Kangnam said anxiously. "We'll hear his story and then we'll take him to the Agency for treatment." 
    "Where is he?" Kiseok asked. 
    "I'll show you." I said, striding hurriedly to the front door and sliding on my shoes. Kiseok and Kangnam nodded, walking after me and closing the door softly behind us. 
    "I'll drive." Kiseok said, walking out to the sleek silver car parked in front of the house. Kangnam nodded and tossed him the keys over the top of the car, sliding into the passenger seat. I got in the backseat, buckling my seat belt quickly as Kiseok slammed on the gas. 
    We jolted out of the driveway at breakneck speed, my head almost slamming into the window when Kiseok jerked the wheel suddenly. I gagged when we were thrown forward, the seat belt choking me, and coughed slightly. 
    "Kiseok?" I said. 
    "Yup?" Kiseok asked distractedly, jerking the wheel again as he ran through a red light. 
    "You're a terrible driver!" I exclaimed. He smirked and yanked the wheel suddenly, sending my head into the window on purpose. I growled and he chuckled, Kangnam stopping us from fighting with a shake of his head. 
    "Stop it." Kangnam warned. Kiseok pouted sullenly and stopped in front of the vampire's house when I finished giving directions. 
    "Come on." Kangnam said, closing the car door and straightening his suit crisply. Kiseok followed his lead and I stepped out after them. 
    "The gate is locked." I pointed out, gesturing to the giant padlock on the gate. Kiseok smirked and spread his arms wide, bending a hole in the fence with a metallic squeal. 
    "Come on." Kiseok nodded, leading the way forward. Our feet padded softly against the grass, Kangnam striding up and knocking on the front door quickly. 
    "Who are you?" The door jerked open and Minwoo glared out, looking us up and down darkly.     
    "We need to speak with your leader." Kangnam said in a cool voice. 
    "He's not available." Minwoo spat back, lifting his lip in a half snarl. 
    "That's just too bad." Kiseok murmured, flashing the shuriken spinning under his hands. Minwoo hissed and Kangnam stepped in between them, pulling a necklace out from under his shirt. 
    "We're with the Agency." Kangnam said. Minwoo looked at the necklace closely before sighing slightly and yanking the door open further. 
    "Don't touch anything." Minwoo muttered sullenly, turning on his heel and stalking away. Kiseok and Kangnam motioned for me to follow and I stepped ahead to lead them to the guest bedroom. 
    "He's in here." I said. I reached out, jiggling the door handle and frowning when it was locked. Kiseok stepped forward and unlocked the internal mechanism with a flick of his wrist and his same easy smirk. 
    "Stay close." Kangnam murmured to me, following Kiseok as he swung the door open. We strode into the room quickly, my eyes landing on Yongguk in the bed. 
    "Who are you?! You have no right—" Donghyun's furious yell was cut off when Kangnam flashed his necklace again. 
    "I have every right." Kangnam said, his tone clipped and business-like. Donghyun relaxed from his protective stance in front of Yongguk, his hands dropping to his sides. 
    "What are you doing here?" Donghyun hissed, glaring at Kangnam. Kangnam stepped forward and Donhyun matched him, staying in front of Yongguk. 
    "We're here to conduct an official

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter