Yongguk

Lost Demon
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter 3
    I sat down at the kitchen table after making sure Ravi was asleep. I had taken the day off school to take care of him, and tomorrow was the weekend. I pulled out my maths textbook, starting to go through and highlight everything. 
    My phone rang suddenly, startling me and almost making me drop my book. I checked the caller ID, answering it happily. 
    "Youngjae-oppa!" I exclaimed, hearing his happy voice come over the line. 
    "Youngmin! Just calling to check in on my little sis~" Youngjae said, making me laugh. I sat back down in the chair, putting my feet up on the desk. 
    "Are you remembering to water the tulips in the green house?" Youngjae asked. I sat up immediately, remembering suddenly to go do that. 
    "I'll go do that right now! Sorry, oppa!" I exclaimed, padding outside through the rain quickly, ducking into the greenhouse. 
    "Youngmin." Youngjae said, his voice suddenly stern. "Aren't you at school?" 
    I froze in place, then quickly coughed into the phone. 
    "I'm sick today." I rasped out, digging frantically in my pockets. I held out a candy wrapper triumphantly, crackling it against the receiver of the phone. 
    "Hello? Youngjae, I...hear...can't...you—" I crackled the candy more, creating static, and then abruptly hung up. I sighed in relief, tucking the phone back into my pocket and pulling out the hose. 
    "That was close." I said. I breathed in the humid air gratefully, filling my lungs and starting up the hose. 
    I watered the flowers quickly, frowning at their brown appearance. If they died because of me, Youngjae was going to kill me. I tried to soak them in enough water, but I think I just made it worse. 
    I sighed, finally giving up, and walked back into the house. Ravi was waiting patiently for me by the kitchen counter, looking down at my open math book. I had solved some practice problems earlier, but I had left one blank, too confused to complete it. Ravi stared down at it, finally leaning forward and making a few quick with my pencil. 
    Ravi looked up after, finally noticing my presence, and immediately dropped the pencil and flinched. I walked forward, curious to see what he had written, and Ravi only flinched more as I came forward. I studied the book, my eyes widening in disbelief when I saw Ravi had solved it, and I smiled at him. 
    "Ravi, good job! Can you teach me how you did that?" I asked, seeing my own surprise reflected back into Ravi's eyes when he saw I wasn't angry. He nodded slowly, baring his white teeth in a happy smile for the first time. His eyes crinkled cutely, sparkling as I pulled out a chair next to him.  
    Ravi and I worked on maths for about an hour, until Ravi's stomach grumbled so loudly he turned bright red. I giggled, patting his back gently and closing the maths book. 
    "You go relax on the couch, I'll make us some food." I said, making Ravi smile. He nodded, walking into the living room and sitting down on the couch. He looked curiously at the stack of books by the sofa, pulling out one and beginning to read. 
    I mixed up cookie batter quickly, putting big spoonfuls on cookie sheets and sliding them into the oven. I made homemade hot chocolate while the cookies baked, the sugary scent of chocolate wafting through the kitchen. The food was perfect for the cloudy grey sky, and I slid the cookies out of the oven. 
    Heaping most of them on a plate, I carried the plate to Ravi with a cup of hot chocolate. He smiled at me, setting his book down to grasp the plate and starting eating quickly. I got my own plate and cup from the kitchen, taking slower bites. 
    When we were both done, I set the empty plates and cups on the end table by the sofa and curled up. I was feeling sleepy, my stomach pleasantly full, and Ravi had already dozed off. I my side, tucking my hands under my chin. Before I knew it, Ravi was sideways on the couch with his sleeping head resting on my hip. I shifted him a little so he was comfortably in my lap, covering him with a blanket. Ravi's arms came up like last time, linking themselves around my waist, and he snored softly. 
    I smiled sleepily at the peaceful scene, closing my eyes and dozing off. 


    "What the hell is going on?!" A deep voice boomed by my ear, jerking me out of sleep. I blinked slowly, confusedly rubbing my eyes as I fixed on a tall figure standing by the couch. 
    "Yongguk-oppa?" I said sleepily, looking at him. He looked livid, reaching down and picking Ravi up, one hand fisted in his collar, the other in the waistband of his pants. Ravi jerked awake just as Yongguk heaved, sending him flying into the wall. 
    Ravi hit the wall with a dull thud and a yelp, curling onto his side. Yongguk kept walking forward, hauling Ravi up by his collar and sending his fist smashing across Ravi's face. I jumped up finally, hurrying forward to stop Yongguk. He was the strongest person I knew, he could kill Ravi if he kept this up. 
    "Yongguk-oppa, stop it! You're hurting him!" I yelled, tugging vainly at Yongguk's arm. He didn't budge, punching Ravi again. Ravi clawed weakly at the hand holding him, blood trickling from his mouth. 
    Yongguk ignored me, shifting to pull Ravi to his feet, pinning him against the wall. Yongguk's hand was around Ravi's neck, his feet dangling off the floor as Yongguk forced him higher, Ravi gasping for air. 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter