Drunk

Lost Demon
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

YOUNGMIN'S POV

    The sky the next day was ugly. It was raining, a weather that I usually enjoyed, but not today. Instead of the usual light grey clouds that shed gentle showers, roaring black thunderheads crashed overhead. Jagged flashes of lightning ripped violently through the black blanket, rain knifing down like bullets. I turned away from the window in disgust, leaving my empty coffee cup behind. 
    I walked into the living room, looking at Hyunseung and Leo asleep on the couch. Yoseob was curled up on the floor, and I sunk into an armchair. I didn't want to think of anyone out in weather like this, especially not Ravi. I sighed, closing my eyes and remembering the events of the night before.  

*flashback*

    "We're not exactly human, you see." Yoseob smiled at me. I crossed the room quickly, kneeling by Hyunseung and Leo. 
    Hyunseung had his hands pressed gently over Leo's forehead, focusing down on him. A faint crease appeared in between his eyebrows, his lips pouted out as he strove to heal Leo. The other boy tossed around on the couch, slipping in and out of consciousness, his hair plastered wetly to his forehead with a sheen of sweat. 
    "What's wrong with him?" I asked. Hyunseung tilted his head to the side, glancing at me from the corner of his eye. 
    "Is he linked with anyone?" Hyunseung asked. His voice was soft and smooth, high-pitched like Leo's. 
    "My friend Ravi." I said. Hyunseung nodded, looking around the room. 
    "Where is Ravi?" Hyunseung asked. I shrugged, biting my lip tensely. Yoseob patted my shoulder gently, comforting me quietly. 
    "I can't find him." I admitted. Hyunseung nodded, turning back to focus on Leo. After a few minutes he straightened up, tucking a blanket further around Leo when he shook with cold. 
    "There's nothing I can do." Hyunseung said. He looked down at Leo worriedly, and I started forward. 
    "Can't you try healing him?" I asked desperately. Hyunseung shook his head, looking over at Yoseob. 
    "He's not sick." Hyunseung murmured. 
    "What are you talking about? Look at him!" I exclaimed. Hyunseung reached out, delicately pushing me into an armchair and holding my shoulders so I couldn't get up again. 
    "I need you to listen to me; listen carefully. I can't tell you what you need to know if you don't sit still and listen." Hyunseung's voice was syrupy sweet, blanketing me warmly and making me nod.  
    "Okay." I agreed, looking up at him. He nodded, withdrawing his arms and standing in front of me. 
    "Through their link, Ravi's physical pain becomes Leo's mental pain, and vice versa. Leo is not truly sick, but something extremely traumatic has happened to Ravi. Either mentally or physically, Ravi is injured." Hyunseung explained slowly and quietly, making sure I could understand. 
    "I have to find him!" I exclaimed, standing up. Hyunseung pushed me back down, shaking his head. 
    "No. You've already tried, and I'm not going to let you go in this rain. I've already called the others to go look while we stay here with Leo and you. They'll find him, don't worry." Hyunseung said. I nodded, biting my lip as I wished I could do something. 
    "So what can I do for Leo?" I asked. Hyunseung relaxed when he saw I wasn't going to suddenly leap up and run away, and he sat down on the couch. 
    "Nothing. I'll take care of his pain and keep him quiet. The best way to help him is let my friends find Ravi and heal him. Leo's sickness will end then." Hyunseung said. 
    "Okay." I grabbed a blanket, curling up on the couch and waiting anxiously for news of Ravi. The rain pattered down on the rooftop and I made all of us hot chocolate, sitting back down and tapping my fingers nervously against my leg. After a half an hour of silence, I finally spoke up. 
    "What are you guys?" I asked. Yoseob looked over at me, smiling cutely and standing up.    
    "It's really cool~" Yoseob said. He reached forward, pulling his shirt over his head and making me cover my eyes. 
    "Yah! What are you doing?!" I exclaimed, peeking through my fingers. He giggled, flexing the muscles of his stomach and rolling out his shoulders. He closed his eyes, a sudden bolt of movement making me look at his back. 
    "Ta-dah!" Yoseob sang, turning around to show me his back. I drew in a breath when I saw the massive white wings fluttering softly behind him. 
    They spread delicately from his shoulder blades, swishing gently through the air. Yoseob sighed as he stretched his wings up as high as they would go, enjoying the freedom. Hyunseung reached out, smacking his forehead and glaring good-naturedly. 
    "Stop showing off!" Hyunseung scolded. Yoseob stuck his tongue out mockingly at Hyunseung, folding his wings back against him. They melted back into the skin of his shoulder blades, disappearing seamlessly. 
    "You're just jealous mine are white!" Yoseob teased, looking over at Hyunseung. Hyunseung drew himself up self-consciously, pouting slightly as he looked at Yoseob. 
    "Yah! Silver is a very respectable color!" Hyunseung said. I took a deep breath and raised my hand, still in shock. 
    "So...what are you?" I asked again. 
    "Half-angels!" Yoseob said excitedly. I nodded softly, wondering what kinds of abilities they had. 
    "Are all of your wings white or silver?" I asked distractedly, fascinated by the image of Yoseob's wings. 
    "Mostly. I have white, and Hyunseung, Kikwang, Junhyung, and Dongwoon have silver." Yoseob said. 
    "What about Doojoon?" I asked. Yoseob laughed awkwardly, rubbing the back of his neck and looking over at Hyunseung. 
    "Doojoon's the only one of us who was full angel, and he had a bit of a...disagreement with the man upstairs. And you probably know what happens to angels who get kicked out of the palace in the sky..." Hyunseung trailed off awkwardly. 
    Yoseob looked at me pointedly and mimed one of his hands plunging towards his other from above, clapping them together and making explosion sound effects with his mouth. He snickered and I covered my mouth. 
    "He's a fallen angel?" I said. 
    "Kind of..." Yoseob mumbled. 
    "He didn't want to be a demon, so he gave up most of his powers to come live on earth. He kept his ability to have wings, but he can't fly again." Hyunseung said. I nodded, still a little confused. 
    "Okay..." I said. There was another long silence and I sighed. 
    "Why are you guys in town?" I said. Yoseob perked up, looking over at Hyunseung and frowning when Hyunseung shook his head warningly. Yoseob closed his mouth with a pout, and Hyunseung looked at me. 
    "We can't share that information." Hyunseung said. I nodded slowly, vowing I would get it out of Yoseob later. 
    "Are you guys hungry?" I asked, eyeing their empty cups. Yoseob nodded and followed me to the kitchen, where I started mechanically mixing up cookie batter. 
    I laid out five plates, filling them with cookies and handing three to Yoseob. I took the other two, placing one next to me in my armchair and eating the cookies from the other. 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter