Trapped

Lost Demon
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

YOUNGMIN'S POV

    "You found him!" I looked up at Luc's voice, one hand resting protectively on Ravi's shoulder. Kris, Alec, and Tao had decided to wait in the large room where the tunnels divided, laying Ravi on the ground and keeping watch for more wolves. I was crouched next to Ravi, trying to stop the blood flowing from his arm. 
          "Stay back," Alec ordered, holding his hands up and motioning Luc's group back. They stepped back obediently, looking over when Magnus appeared from the last tunnel with the rest of the group.
    "Why are we all standing around?" Magnus asked, walking forward quickly. Ravi's head snapped up and his eyes fixed on Magnus, a low growl rumbling from his throat at the warlock's proximity. ", he's wild. Isn't he?"
    "Halfway. As long as everyone moves slow, we should be okay." Alec said. I squeezed Ravi's shoulder once gently, drawing his attention to me, and nodded to him encouragingly. 
    "Ravi, you know Magnus, right? He's helped us before. No one here is going to hurt you." I said calmly. Ravi nodded after a few seconds, still looking at me with large eyes. 
    "Let's get back to the rooms quickly. We'll refresh and get back on their trail." Kris said. We all nodded, Alec stooping to gently swing Ravi up and begin walking through the tunnels. His heavy boots crunched on the loose grit covering the ground, and I followed the sound through the darkness. 
    Finally exiting the tunnels was a relief and I paused for a moment, taking deep lungfuls of clean night air. Ravi was asleep in Alec's arms and the moonlight cast his face into silver shadows, highlighting the curve of his throat. 
    Getting Ravi into the car was difficult but we finally worked it out, draping him over our laps and grateful he was too exhausted to freak out much at the cramped space. The ride to the hotel was quiet, my fingers threaded through Ravi's hair and keeping him still. He blinked up at me slowly, one hand clasped over the wound in his arm. 
    Magnus cast a glamour on the way to the hotel room, hiding Alec and Ravi from sight. Once we all trudged into the elevator, I looked around and used the brighter light to survey everyone. All of us were coated with dust, our clothes slicked with grime and mud from the tunnels. Blood colored our arms and hands in bright streaks, left behind from Ravi and the other wolves. My shoes were absolutely caked with grit, and I slid them off as soon as Kris opened the door to the rooms. 
    "Alec, Luc, come with me." Magnus ordered quietly, walking towards one of the bedrooms. Alec turned to go, still carrying Ravi, and I went to go look for food. There was a sharp pressure on my arm as soon as I turned away, and I looked down to find Ravi's fingers curled so tightly around my wrist his knuckles were white. His eyes were wide and he gave another tug at my arm, silently begging me to stay. 
    "I'll go, too." I reassured him, the pressure slackening but his fingers remaining curled on my skin. 
    We walked into the spare bedroom and Alec stretched him out on the bed, backing up to let Magnus survey him. His torso was bare, and covered with a motley assortment of half-healed bruises and cuts, the skin around the edges pink and new, the wounds still red and raw. 
    "I can help." We all whirled at the soft whisper from the doorway and Ravi growled, snarling up at Magnus and Luc. Iri shrank back from his place at the threshold, quivering slightly. 
    "Iri, it's not safe." Luc said quietly, motioning for me to soothe Ravi. I ran my hands over the delicate skin of his shoulders and the hollows of his collarbones, sharper than I remembered them. 
    "But I can help. I'm strong enough." Iri said stubbornly, taking a slow step forward and hesitantly resting his hand on Ravi's ankle. We all froze, waiting to see if Ravi would snarl and snap again, but instead he blinked slowly at Iri and stilled. 
    "Alright..." Luc said hesitantly. He stepped nearer to Ravi and Magnus did the same on the other side, slowly advancing until they were standing at the edges of the bed. 
    "Alec, keep him still." Magnus said quietly. Alec nodded, reaching out to carefully rest his hands on Ravi's hips. 
    "What about a binding spell?" Luc asked. Magnus shook his head, prodding gently at the arrow embedded in Ravi's stomach. 
    "That would make him go absolutely crazy as soon as we took it off." Magnus admonished. Luc's eyes lingered on me, and he shrugged. 
    "Not with Youngmin here. Just a light spell would keep him still so he doesn't hurt us or himself." Luc said. Ravi's hand was tightly gripping mine and his eyes were flicking between Luc and Magnus. 
    "I don't know..." Magnus said uncertainly, inspecting the coil of wire around Ravi's waist. Luc shrugged, looking at Ravi's free wrist and inspecting the bruises that ringed it. 
    "I could do it light enough he wouldn't notice it." Luc said. Magnus nodded finally, and little streams of fire dribbled from Luc's fingertips and flowed slowly over Ravi.
    "Alec, you can step back now." Magnus instructed, and Alec obediently backed up a step. 
    Magnus grasped the arrow shaft firmly with one hand, bracing the other against the skin next to it and beginning to pull. Ravi's eyes slammed closed and I could see the muscles on the side of his jaw working, clenching his teeth tightly together. Luc grabbed the other shaft in his arm and also began to pull, and Ravi's eyes fluttered open only to roll shut seconds after. 
    "Youngmin, can you get the bullets?" Magnus asked, the arrow sliding free with a slick sound and blood dripping down his fingers. I nodded, beginning to drag the little bits of metal out of Ravi's skin and then sealing the wounds afterwards. 
    I swayed softly when I was done, comforting myself with Ravi's fingers tight on mine. Luc and Magnus were also working at closing his cuts and scrapes, and I was glad they were mostly succeeding. 
    "Magnus, look at this." Luc said, breaking the silence. Iri also looked up from healing the gashes on Ravi's side, my eyes following Luc's pointing finger. 
    "It won't heal?" Magnus asked, looking at the thin line of burned skin that wrapped Ravi's neck and collarbones. Luc shook his head, prodding it slightly, and a low moan worked its way from Ravi's throat. 
    "Silver burn?" Luc suggested. Magnus nodded, and there was a soft voice from behind Iri. 
    "What did they do to him?" I turned to Leo, looking at his crossed arms and carefully smoothed face. He leaned against the doorway, head tilted to the side and eyes flicking over Ravi. 
    Ravi shifted a little and I looked down at him, watching realization break over his face when he felt the binding spell. His eyes widened in fear and then narrowed in anger, his lips drawn back in a snarl and his limbs thrashing ever so slightly in invisible bonds. 
    "Ravi, try to calm down," Luc started, pausing when Ravi's head snapped towards him. The hatred that spiked from Ravi's eyes knocked me back a step and he looked back at me, his eyes softening ever so slightly at the edges. 
    "Ravi-ah, listen to me." Magnus commanded quietly, getting Ravi's attention with a hand on his shoulder. "If I take the binding spell off, you have to promise not to move. You'll hurt yourself, or one of us. And I know we seem bad to you now but we're just trying to help." 
    Distrust still narrowed Ravi's eyes but he nodded almost imperceptibly. Magnus nodded back, giving his shoulder a gentle squeeze and sending sparks flickering over his skin. Ravi relaxed, hands unclenching from the tight fists they had curled into and releasing pressure from my arm. 
    "What's wrong with him?" Leo asked quietly, taking another step forward and resting one hand on Ravi's ankle. 
    "Drake almost turned him." Magnus answered, returning to working on Ravi's side. The claw marks left by the other wolf were almost fully healed now, and I considered the circular burn on Ravi's neck. My eyes flicked up towards the leather collar buckled tightly around

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter