Parenting

Lost Demon
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

RAVI'S POV

    I looked over groggily, sleepily registering Youngmin sitting bolt upright in the bed next to me. 
    "Oh, !" Youngmin exclaimed, hitting her forehead with her palm. My eyes widened fractionally and I sat up, frowning at her. 
    "What?" I asked, giving her a slightly wary look. Youngmin groaned, getting out of bed quickly and throwing on her bathrobe. 
    "We forgot Hyuk at Magnus' house!" Youngmin said, running to the bathroom to rip a brush through her hair quickly. 
    "Oh, !" I echoed, pulling a sweatshirt on over my bare chest and carding my hands quickly through my hair.    
    "Wait, what are we worried about? Magnus will make sure he gets home safely, right?" Youngmin took a deep breath, calming herself and turning to me with a mixed dubiously hopeful smile. 
    "Have you /met/ Magnus? He'll probably trade Hyuk for more weird clothes." I scoffed, tugging the hem of my sweatshirt down over my sweatpants. 
    "You've got a point." Youngmin murmured. I smirked, jogging downstairs and nearly tripping over a stray dog bowl set out next to the fridge. 
    I bent down with a frown, picking up the dog bowl and looking at Youngmin with wide eyes.   
    "Oh my god, didn't I have a dog?" I asked breathlessly. Youngmin laughed, shaking her head at me and handing me an orange for breakfast. 
    "Yeah, like a month ago before we gave it to Daehyun." Youngmin smirked, looking at me like I was an idiot. I shrugged, beginning to peel the orange and stuffing my feet into my shoes. Youngmin followed me out the door, both of us walking easily next to each other. 
    Our steps synced and I tore off half the orange for Youngmin and half for me, biting into the sour fruit slowly. Juice dribbled down my chin and cooled in the misty morning air, little liquid drops of water in the air prickling the exposed skin of my face. 
    We reached Magnus apartment and Youngmin knocked on the door, both of us waiting quietly for Magnus to appear. Seconds before he did, I turned to Youngmin with wide eyes. The door swung open right as I gasped and dropped the rest of my orange. 
    "We left Leo alone at home!" I exclaimed. Youngmin's eyes widened and dropped open before she relaxed, and shook her head.
    "No, Hakyeon and Ken are there—" Youngmin started before cutting herself off. I shook my head frantically, groaning to myself. 
    "No, we kicked them out last night, remember?!" I exclaimed. The low sound of someone clearing their throat made us turn, and Magnus greeted us with a judgmentally arched eyebrow. 
    "You two will make the worst parents in history." Magnus observed dryly. He stared down at us, his eyes lined in glittering gold kohl today instead of his usual black, and I rolled my eyes. 
    "Oh, shut up and tell us if you still have our youngest child or if you've traded him away for a new hat." I spat. Magnus smirked, shaking his head at me and tapping his fingers against the doorframe. 
    "You know I wouldn't sell your child for a hat...a new brocade coat maybe, but still..." Magnus mused, inspecting his chipped indigo nail polish and sighing dramatically.
    "Magnus, where is Hyuk?" Youngmin asked calmly. Magnus rolled his eyes and finally stepped back, motioning us into his apartment with a weary grumble. 
    "Oh fine, take him back. Alec and I were thinking of keeping him for our love child." Magnus muttered. Alec looked up from his place at the kitchen table and rolled his eyes, burying himself in his cup of coffee. 
    "We were not." Alec protested firmly. "Magnus, I've told you a thousand times, we're not adopting a mundane." 
    "But I want one." Magnus said simply. Alec looked up, meeting Magnus' eyes over the rim of his coffee cup, and shook his head. 
    "No, you don't." Alec said. Magnus rolled his eyes, pouring himself a bowl of cereal and sitting down. I looked at his clothes for the first time, feeling mild interest as to why he was wearing a white dress shirt, a black waistcoat, and black bow tie on his torso...and a pair of hot pink silk boxers on his legs. Finally shaking my head and decidedly not asking why he was dressed so strangely, I looked over at Youngmin. 
    "Where's Hyuk again?" Youngmin asked. Magnus nodded, looking over at her and sighing. 
    "The love child you have so thoughtlessly stolen is back at his own house, with a memory spell firmly in place." Magnus said, setting his coffee cup down. 
    "Ah...thank you." I said, now eager to get back to our house. I didn't like the restless feeling I got from leaving Leo home alone, and I wanted to get home as soon as possible. 
    "No problem. Come visit anytime." Magnus said airily, waving his hand towards the front door in a clear invitation to leave. 
    "Thank you, Magnus." Youngmin smiled at him. She looked over at Alec and smiled at him too, raising her hand in a tiny wave. 
    "You too, Alec." Youngmin called, getting a shy smile to grace Alec's lips and an indignant scowl to cross Magnus'.
    "He didn't do anything!" Magnus protested, pouting like a child. Youngmin smirked, giving Magnus a playfully teasing look and turning away.   
    "He puts up with you, doesn't he?" Youngmin murmured loud enough to be heard, smirking back at Magnus. Magnus sputtered indignantly, motioning us out the door with an imperious arm. 
    "GO." Magnus commanded. Youngmin laughed and waved goodbye, pulling me after her with a laugh. 
    My anxiety was getting worse and I pulled Youngmin down the street, half-jogging towards the house. Youngmin finally yanked me to a stop before I started sprinting home and frowned at me. 
    "What's wrong with you?" Youngmin asked, her brow creased as she looked at me. I subconsciously tugged on her hand, still wanting to be running home, and bit my lip worriedly. 
    "I have a bad feeling." I admitted, dancing in place. I stuffed my hands in my pockets, looking around quickly.
    "Just go." Youngmin said. I looked down at her for a second before my gaze jumped to the wall behind her, then the front of a shop next to us. 
    "Huh?" I asked. Youngmin rolled her eyes, giving me a gentle push forward. 
    "You're jumpier than a rat on crack. Go home and see Leo, I'll stick around town." Youngmin smirked. I nodded, half running away before turning back to Youngmin. 
    "Are you sure?" I called back, already halfway down the street. Youngmin nodded, waving me on, and I quickly turned around. 
    I sprinted down the road towards home, trying to ignore the shaky creepy feeling that had dropped over me. I could almost see the vampires surely creeping towards Leo, could picture them sinking their teeth into his neck and draining him—
    "Ravi, focus!" I snapped at myself, shaking my head clear of my thoughts. I could see the outline of the house nearby, and my feet clattered up the cement driveway. 
    I yanked open the front door, ru

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter