Human?

Lost Demon
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

YOUNGMIN'S POV

    I sighed, bending over a pot of stew and stirring it tiredly. Magnus had been watching over Leo the entire day and I had slept for most of it, finally forcing myself out of bed to make dinner. Ravi had been silent in his room and I had refrained from looking in on him, still hurt from his outburst last night. 
    The sound of footsteps padding down the hallway made me turn, and I fixed my gaze immediately on the pot in front of me. Ravi was standing in the center of the kitchen, his freshly scrubbed hair hanging in his eyes and still damp. He sighed and carded his fingers through his bangs, walking over to stand next to me. 
    I stayed silent, turning away from him more and trying to busy myself. I wasn't interested in being attacked again, and I was braced for another cup to go flying. Ravi was quiet too, standing next to me closely, the sound of his breathing the only noise. 
    I reached up above me, standing on my tiptoes to open the cabinet door and straining to reach down five bowls for the stew. Ravi silently reached up, his wrist brushing mine as he grabbed the plates and set them gently on the counter with a soft clatter. 
    "Thanks." I said quietly, turning away to fill the bowls with stew. I added spoons and turned to walk to give one to Magnus. 
    "Youngmin." Ravi's voice was hollow, and I looked up at him slowly. There were dark circles under his eyes and his face had thinned, his cheekbones standing out more harshly. 
    "Yes?" I asked. Ravi reached out, grabbing the two bowls I held and setting them on the countertop. He sighed, bracing his palms on the edge of the counter and looking over at me gently. 
    "I'm sorry. I'm so, so sorry." Ravi whispered. I bit my lip, my eyes widening as I watched tears pool in his. 
    "Ravi—" I started. He dropped his chin to his chest and in a painful ragged breath, sounding like there were shards of glass in his lungs. 
    "I'm sorry." Ravi mumbled. He looked up briefly and tears started to track down his face, his arms shaking as he struggled to keep himself standing. 
    "Ravi, for what?" I asked, truly confused. He threw a glass, that didn't warrant this kind of reaction.
    "I'm sorry." Ravi repeated. His face twisted and he drew in another sobbing breath, dropping his head again. 
    I stepped forward immediately, wrapping my arms around his chest and pulling him closer to me. Ravi clung to me instantly, his arms wrapping around me with bruising force as his hands twisted spastically in the fabric of my shirt. The strength of his sobs shook me, and I held him to me as tightly as I could. We stood in the kitchen for a long time, the only sounds coming from Ravi's chest. 
    When he finally began to quiet, I shifted so that I was sitting cross-legged on the kitchen floor with Ravi's head in my lap. There were still tears leaking from his eyes and down the sides of his cheeks, but his chest was no longer heaving and his face was relaxed. This kind of crying was almost worse, like he was too hollow to do anything but let the tears fall. 
    "Ravi, what is wrong? What are you sorry for?" I asked quietly, my fingers combing gently through his hair. He sighed and I reached down to wipe his tears away, smoothing my palm back over his forehead and continuing to play with his hair. 
    "I lied." Ravi admitted, his low voice vibrating from his throat to my legs. I nodded, trying to be patient as I slowly got him to talk. My hands kept smoothing over his hair and his eyes fluttered shut for a second. 
    "About?" I prompted after several moments of silence. Ravi's puffy eyes opened again and he sighed another time, toying with his lower lip. 
    "Yongguk. Yongguk isn't in France." Ravi admitted. I frowned a little, more curious than angry or worried, and Ravi's breath caught in his throat. 
    "Where is he?" I asked. Ravi opened his mouth and closed it again, struggling to speak to me. 
    "Yongguk is...Yongguk is..." Ravi said, tears leaking faster from his eyes. His muscles tensed and he sobbed, reaching up to cover his face with his palms. 
    "Yongguk is what?" I said, beginning to worry. He finally quieted, my fingers slipping down to play idly with his ears. 
    "Yongguk is..." Ravi broke off. He sighed, looking up at me and dropping his hands to his sides limply. 
    "Yongguk is in London." Ravi said. I nodded, relief flooding through me before a small smile broke out across my face. 
    "He must be having a great time." I smiled, my palms covering his eyes to make him close them.
    "Yeah." Ravi whispered, his body sinking further into the floor as he relaxed. I sighed and pressed a soft kiss to his forehead, cupping his jaw in my hands and running my thumbs over the stubble on his jaw. 
    "Do you want to eat or sleep first?" I asked. Ravi hummed noncommittally and I sighed, getting up slowly and letting him sleep. I walked over to the couch and plucked up a cushion, using it to pillow his head. 
    I picked up the bowls of stew and walked to Leo's room, opening the door slowly. Magnus looked over at me with a smile, his cat curled up in his lap and purring softly.
    "Here's dinner. Ready for the next shot?" I asked, looking over at Leo. Magnus nodded, taking a quick bite of stew and humming appreciatively. 
    "Here you go." Magnus said, pulling out a drawer and holding up a clean syringe and the bottle of formula. 
    "Thanks." I said, prepping the syringe and looking down at Leo. The mixture of olive oil, aloe, arnica, and antibacterial gel Magnus had spread over the scars on his back had softened them, fading the harsh white marks and healing the last scrape along his spine. He looked a little better, his face beginning to fill out slowly.
    "Here I go." I said, easing the syringe into Leo's arm. I started to depress the end and Leo moaned, curling up on his side and wincing. I stopped and Magnus and I watched Leo tensely, eyeing his body as it spasmed. 
    "Keep going." Magnus said after a few moments, waving me on. I nodded, slowly continuing to give Leo the shot. 
    Leo cried out, his eyes shooting open for a few seconds before rolling shut again. I finished the shot and drew back quickly, watching him nervously. 
    Leo screamed, his back arching and every muscle standing out tensely. Magnus held his shoulders as carefully as possible, keeping him from rolling off the bed and injuring himself. Leo screamed again raggedly, his head tilting back and his mouth opening wide. 
    I watched with wide eyes as his teeth grew, his long eyeteeth melting into sharp points. Leo's eyes shot open and glowed bright green, piercingly brilliant. After several seconds his eyes flickered out and his teeth grew down, his body collapsing limply on the bed. 
    "Watch him." Magnus commanded, running out the doorway and leaving me alone with Leo. I watched him closely, running my palm along his sweat-slicked forehead gently. His che

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter