My Creature

Lost Demon
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

YOUNGMIN'S POV

    "What did you find?" I asked, sitting down next to Luhan on the couch. He dug around in his pocket, pulling out a slender plastic tube. 
    "I found some fluid on the railing up on the roof; Xiumin must have hit the shooter. I tested it." Luhan said, handing the tube to Kris. Kris turned it slowly, looking at the long cotton swab enclosed inside. There was a sickly green stain on the end of the swab and Kris lowered the tube. 
    "Eidolon?" Kris asked. Luhan nodded, and I raised my hand to get their attention.     
    "What's an eidolon?" I asked when they both looked at me. Luhan dug in his pocket, pulling out bullet casings and handing them to Kris. 
    "Eidolons are shape-shifting lesser demons. They're nasty, and smart." Kris said, examining the bullet casings. 
    "Who has demons?" I asked. Luhan shrugged, setting the tube with swab down on the coffee table. 
    "Mistress?" Luhan guessed. I frowned in reply, standing up and stretching my arms slightly. 
    "I don't know. I'm going to go check on Tao." I said, walking to the back bedroom and biting my lip in thought.
    If Mistress was strong enough to summon lesser demons, how many could she manage? A hundred? A thousand?
    I opened the door to Tao's room, finding Chen sitting in a chair next to the bed. He looked up and smiled when he saw me, standing up and sliding his phone into his pocket. 
    "I'm going to get some pain meds. Can you sit with him?" Chen asked. I nodded, taking his place in the chair and looking over at Tao. 
    He was asleep, his face slack and flushed with two spots of color high on his cheekbones. I leaned over, pulling the blankets down to his waist and lifting the hem of his shirt. There was a small amount of blood seeping through his bandages and I unwrapped them carefully. 
    The stitches were healing properly and I stretched out my hand, closing my eyes and pulling the rest of the wounded skin and muscle together. The small healing only took a small amount of energy and I pulled the soiled bandages out from under Tao, dropping them in the rubbish bin.    
    I sat back down, pulling his shirt back into place and drawing the blankets to his chest. Tao's lips were cracking and I frowned down at them, eyeing the IV drip hanging from the bed frame above him. Despite the extra fluid he was getting, I could tell he was dehydrated. 
    After looking around briefly I stood, walking to the ice bucket on the dresser and filling a cup with ice. Sitting back down on the chair, I scooted until I was right next to him and grabbed a piece of ice.
    I trailed the piece of ice around his lips, letting the heat from his skin melt the ice so the water could drip slowly into his mouth. My arm soon got tired and I switched hands, standing to get another cup of ice when I ran out. 
    I had just sat back down to continue when the door swung open. I looked up while holding a piece of ice to Tao's lips, smiling slightly when I saw Kris. He closed the door, leaning back against it and watching me for a few minutes. 
    "Could I try that?" Kris asked, the shyness in his voice making me look up. I nodded, sitting back and offering him the cup.
    He sat hesitantly on the other side of the bed, raising the ice to Tao's mouth and focusing on his task. I relaxed in the chair, watching how intently he concentrated on Tao.
    "Thanks for doing all of this for him." Kris said quietly. I smiled, crossing my legs and sitting up straighter.
    "No problem." I said. Tao's eyes flickered open and he looked groggily up at Kris, a small smile pulling the corners of his mouth up.
    I stood, leaving quietly to give them their privacy and walking into Ravi's room. Yixing was asleep in his chair, looking exhausted, and I stepped forward to rest my hand on Ravi's shoulder.     
    He was deep in a dream, shifting his arms every few seconds, his eyes moving under his lids. I kissed his cheek softly, taking care not to wake him, and walked towards the bedroom I had first woken in.
    I was strangely tired and I climbed under the covers, closing my eyes and sighing softly. I was asleep before I knew it, finding myself walking along a beach. 
    The waves lapped at my feet and I looked around instinctively for Ravi, finding Luc next to me instead. I pulled back in shock but he beckoned me on, waves washing up to his knees. I took a careful step and Luc smiled, walking deeper into the water, letting it wash up to his waist. 
    "Trust me." Luc said, holding his hand out. I took it hesitantly, following him into the water. The current tugged at me and Luc took another step back, water swishing around his waist. 
    "Luc, I don't want to go any further." I said, pulling back on his hand. He ignored me, tugging me easily through the water until it closed over my head. 
    I screamed, expecting my mouth to fill my water and my eyes to sting with salt, but I instead found myself sitting beside a stream. I blinked in confusion, looking at the forest behind me, and then focused on a cluster of smooth river rocks. 
    Luc was sitting in the lotus position on one of them, his hands resting easily on his knees and his eyes piercing me. I twisted uncomfortably under his gaze and Luc closed his eyes. 
    "Trust me." Luc whispered.
    I bolted upright in bed, sweat slicking my hair to my neck and dampening my lips. Luc's voice still whispered through my mind and I closed my eyes tight, feeling a soft touch on my collarbone. 
    I slapped a hand to my neck, pinning something beneath my fingers, and curled my fingers around the object. I lowered my hand, opening my fingers and frowning. 
    There was a jet black feather resting in my palm and I had no idea how it got there.


RAVI'S POV

    I started to sit up, looking for Yixing, and fell back on my stomach when my stitches ripped. My fingers tightened, crumpling the paper, and I bit my wrist to keep from crying out. The paper rustled and I opened my eyes, looking at it distantly. It vanished with a sudden pop and I jerked in surprise, wetness dripping down to pool in the small of my back. 
    Someone gave a great yank on something inside my chest and my vision went black. I closed my eyes, sinking down into the bed. Someone was pulling me through my own mind and I saw memories and pictures flicker past, too fast to see clearly. One image came into focus and I found myself plunged into my own memories, sitting in the room Leo and I had slept in at Mistress' house. 
    The tugging feeling faded and I looked around in confusion, getting to my feet and looking at the large cage in front of me. It was empty and I turned, trying to understand why I was here...and who sent me.
    "Kim Wonshik." I spun around at the voice, my eyes widening when my creature was suddenly in front of me. 
    I backed up until my spine was flush with the wall, looking at the dim light playing over his horns. 
    "How do you know that name?" I asked, watching him glide forward. His black wings stretched and fluttered and I flinched back when one came close to brushing me. This place filled me with fear and the memories of the horror I had to face. 
    "Easy, Wonshik." He murmured, his eyes softening. His wing brushed my hand ever so softly and the feathers tickled, hot and supple

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter