Birthday

Lost Demon
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

YOUNGMIN'S POV

    I sat down on the couch next to Leo and Ravi, having already tucked Hongbin in my bed upstairs. I looked between the two boys, seeing Ravi struggle to meet Leo's gaze and the other boy avoid Ravi's eyes carefully. 
    "Leo. You have to tell him what you told me. Give him back his memories." I said, looking over at Leo sternly. Leo sighed and nodded, and Ravi looked between us. 
    "What's Youngmin talking about?" Ravi asked innocently. He had four bandaids on his neck and he looked around with a curious face.  
    "Um...come here." Leo said softly. Ravi looked over at him, raising one eyebrow before obediently scooting over next to Leo. 
    "Close your eyes and try to relax." Leo said. He reached out, placing one hand firmly on either side of Ravi's forehead. 
    "What are you—" Leo cut Ravi off suddenly, his hands starting to glow. 
    Ravi arched his back, closing his eyes when they started to glow and opening his mouth. Leo matched his posture, mouth falling open in a silent scream as he pressed his hands to Ravi's head. Time seemed to slow for a few seconds before jumping back to normal pace. Leo was flung back into the wall from the force of his spell and he struck with a dull thud, shaking his head to clear it. 
    I watched with wide eyes as Ravi slowly sat up and rubbed his head with a wince. He kept his eyes closed and when he opened them, he looked disbelievingly at Leo. 
    "I'm...I'm not human?" Ravi whispered, looking over at Leo. Leo nodded briefly, standing up and dusting off his thighs. 
    "I hid your—"
    "I know you hid my memories." Ravi cut Leo off with a raised hand, beginning to glare at the older boy. 
    "It was because of you? Everything? The headaches, the memory loss, the confusion...everything?" Ravi said angrily, looking down at Leo. "Do you know how hard it's been?!"
    "I was just trying to keep you safe!" Leo pleaded, looking at Ravi anxiously. 
    "By making me forget who I was?!" Ravi roared. He stood up abruptly, walking past Leo towards the front door. 
    Leo reached out, catching Ravi's wrist, but Ravi drew back his hand and punched Leo hard in the face. The taller boy cried out and tumbled down, Ravi standing threateningly over him. 
    "Don't touch me!" Ravi yelled, turning and running out the front door. He slammed the door so hard the room shook, and I rushed to Leo's side. 
    "Leo, are you okay?" I asked, helping him sit up. He winced, touching his right eye and looking at his blood-smeared fingers. Ravi's punch had been powerful enough to split the skin on Leo's cheekbone wide open, blood dripping out steadily. 
    "My fault." Leo muttered. I shook my head at him, pulling him to his feet and taking him to the kitchen. 
    "It's not. Ravi just needs some time to cool down." I said, motioning for Leo to sit up on the counter. He hoisted himself up obediently and I picked up a hand towel. 
    "I should've told him sooner." Leo said. I wet the towel, reaching out to grasp Leo's chin gently with one hand and wipe his cheek with the towel. 
    "You were just trying to keep him safe." I said, going to get my first-aid kit. I pulled out a bandaid successfully, gently placing it over Leo's cheek and giving him an ice pack. 
    "Here. Go up to bed and get some sleep. Don't worry about it." I said, handing Leo the package of cookies and watching him glumly walk upstairs. 
    I walked back to the living room, waiting for Ravi to get home. I sighed, picking up a book and trying to read to distract myself. Within 15 minutes I was thoroughly bored with Jekyll and Hyde, the thick English and reverse-style of writing making me toss the book back down and wonder why Ravi liked to read it over and over. 
    A knock on the door made me jump to my feet, yanking open the door and smiling widely. 
    "Ra—Youngjae!" I said. Youngjae looked over at me with a smile, stepping inside to wrap me in a hug. 
    "Ra-Youngjae? What an odd name I've got." Youngjae laughed, setting his bag down and grabbing a snack from the kitchen. 
    "Where is everyone?" Youngjae asked. 
    "Hakyeon left earlier today cause you were coming home, and Leo's in bed." I said. Youngjae looked over at me, raising one eyebrow. 
    "You're missing one. Where's Ravi?" Youngjae asked. 
    "He went out for a run. Something about needing fresh air..." I lied quickly, back-walking up the stairs.     
    "Well, I gotta lot of studying to do...bye!" I mumbled, running up the stairs. It occurred to me that Hongbin was in my room, so I walked to the room Ravi and Leo shared. 
    I knocked and then walked inside, seeing Leo spread out on the bed with his cookie plate on his stomach, sound asleep. I smiled and walked forward, picking up the plate and tucking Leo under the covers. He reached out sleepily, catching my wrist and rolling over. 
    "Don't go." Leo mumbled groggily. I sat down on the edge of the bed, letting Leo wrap his arms around me sleepily. I cuddled him back, figuring out that the normally anti-skinship Leo was a real snuggler when he was tired.   
    "I won't." I closed my eyes, allowing myself to relax before sinking into the bed. 

RAVI'S POV

    I knocked back another shot, gasping as the liquid burned its way down my throat. My mind was already hazy and this helped me forget even more, making me almost welcome the pain. I looked around the shady bar, realizing too late maybe it wasn't the best place to come after I ran all the way to town. Cigarette smoke curled around the room, creating an indoor fog, and I finally couldn't take the suffocating odor anymore. 
    I got up and walked outside, in a welcome breath of fresh air. My mind was spinning and I sat down, feeling the cold air prickling on my cheeks. I closed my eyes, replaying the memories Leo had given back. 
    Me, healing Leo after a particularly nasty beating. Mistress, forcing Leo to use his abilities to set someone on fire. Leo, stunning Mistress long enough for me to run away. 
    My eyes glowing in the mirror's reflection. My teeth growing longer when I got angry. The way I could tell what Leo was thinking part of the time. 
    "Hey, you gotta pay for those drinks." A voice made me swing my gaze over to a tall man standing outside the bar. 
    "Aww, Rome, leave him alone. He's had a rough day." A second boy said, looking over. Rome shook his head, walking forward. 
    "Come on. You owe 35,000 won. Pay up." Rome held his hand up. . I dug around in my pants pockets, knowing full well I didn't have anything, and pulled out a pen I happened across. 
    I threw the pen down on the ground, Rome and his friend looking down at it. When they were distracted I wheeled around, reaching up and grabbing the fire escape. I yanked myself up higher, climbing hand over hand until I reached the rooftop. 
    I heard Rome climbing up after me, yelling t

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter