Dreams

Lost Demon
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

RAVI'S POV

    I opened my eyes groggily, a strong ache traveling from my legs up to my waist and sides. My muscles burned and twisted, making me wince when I sat up carefully. I blinked softly, not recognizing the clearing where I sat. I was circled by pine trees, smoke from a nearby fire twisting up from the trees. 
    I pushed myself to my feet, looking down at my legs. I pulled up the legs of my long jeans and inspected my calves, finding nothing wrong with them. I clenched my teeth, feeling another wave of pain spread through me, something pulling on my heart. 
    My foot rose up, not obeying me when I struggled to put it back down on the ground. I was tugged forward jerkily, staggering through the trees towards the smoke. Every time I got close to breaking free and running, another stab of pain came from my legs or my chest. 
    I finally made my way to a small fire in the middle of the woods. A woman sat at it, her long black hair cascading down her back. She turned, her small elven face alight when she noticed me. I ground to a stop, clenching my teeth and fighting to stay in place. 
    "Look, it's little friend!" She cooed, beckoning me with one finger and a teasing smile. I jerked forward, falling to my knees next to her. She reached out, the long curling talons on her hands brushing my neck and drawing blood. 
    "I'll call you Ravi." She smiled, leaning forward and titling her head to the side. "Call me Mistress." 
    My mouth opened mechanically and from somewhere deep inside my throat, air was pushed past my vocal cords and out. 
    "Yes, Mistress." I bristled hearing the unfamiliar way my voice sounded, struggling harder against her hold. 
    "Leo? Come meet our new friend~" Mistress' high voice was pitched in a song, and she beckoned something from the shadows. 
    Another boy came jerking forward, his mouth twisted in a scowl when he fixated on Mistress. I shrunk away from his gaze when it snapped hatred at the woman, hot as the fire itself. There was a wound on his shoulder dripping blood down his arm, a puncture wound. 
    "Leo, hold him down." Mistress said. I struggled once again but it felt like iron was wrapped around my limbs, holding me in place. Leo walked over mechanically, his arms curving around my neck and holding me in place. 
    "What are you doing?! What's going on?!" I finally yelled, gaining my voice when Mistress leaned forward. 
    "Making you mine." Mistress snarled, her eyes turning black. She opened , baring long fangs, and shot forward. 
    She buried her teeth in my shoulder, fire shooting down through my veins from the wound and making me arch my back in agony. I screamed, feeling every muscle in my body start to burn. She reached out with one hand, resting it on the skin of my hip and drawing something with her claws. 
    I felt Leo's hold on my neck tighten and I screamed again, struggling to breathe. My vision started turning black and I slumped forward, blacking out. 

    I sat up in my bed, tears pouring down my cheeks as I screamed. Leo was startled awake next to me and I scrambled away from him when he looked at me. His eyes were all black and his mouth was open, baring the same long fangs. 
    He dropped forward, pouncing on me and grunting when I threw him off. I jumped to my feet, yanking the door open and pounding down the stairs. A hand around my ankle threw me off balance and I tripped, thudding down the stairs. 
    I landed at the bottom with a crack and yelled when I tried to move my broken arm. I scrambled to the kitchen, seeing Leo crawl after me down the stairs. Youngmin was bent over the stove, her back to me, and she continued stirring whatever was in the pot. 
    "Youngmin! We have to run!" I exclaimed, aiming a kick towards Leo. He jerked back from the doorway, growling at me, and I turned to grab Youngmin's wrist. 
    She spun, her eyes fading to black as she held up a riding crop. Her teeth grew as she yelled at me, bringing the crop down on my cheek. 
    "Break my dishes? How dare you break my dishes?!" Youngmin screamed. I flinched back, feeling blood pour down my cheek as I leapt forward. 
    I slammed my way out the back door, racing into the woods. I swiped my sleeve against my cheek, looking at the red stain on my wrist now, and inspected my broken arm. I could hear someone running after me and I turned, seeing Leo running on all fours behind me, his eyes glowing red into the fog. 
    I pushed myself harder and tripped, falling face first in the dirt. Leo was on me in an instant, his teeth closing around my neck and ripping me apart. 

    I woke up from my dream, looking around hurriedly to be sure where I was. I saw Leo asleep peacefully next to me and sighed in relief, relaxing back down. Within seconds I shot back up again, recognizing the cold press of the stone floor. 
    I pushed myself up and ran forward, groaning when I bounced off a glass wall in front of me. I got up again, shaking my head to clear it, and then hurled myself against it again. I pounded my fists against the glass, seeing small cracks start to form in it.    
    "No, no, no." Mistress appeared suddenly behind the glass, smiling at me. I leaned forward, palms scrabbling for a hold against the smooth material and I glared down at her. 
    "Don't do that, little Ravi." Mistress giggled. I bared my teeth, snarling down and defiantly punching the glass again. 
    Mistress pouted at me, raising a small doll and presenting a pin. She shook her head at me and I tensed, waiting for the pain. I would show her I could take it. I pounded on the glass again, watching her drive in the pin into the doll's chest. 
    Leo sat up behind me with a cry of agony, clutching his chest as tears leaked down his cheeks. I pulled back from the glass immediately, kneeling next to him, and watched as Mistress gave a brutal twist on the pin before yanking it out. 
    "There, you see? You disobey me, I'll hurt Leo instead." Mistress smiled before gliding away, leaving both of us alone. 
    I looked down at Leo, seeing the blood start to pool from the puncture in his chest and tried to place my hands over it. His breathing was fast and shallow and his eyes closed slowly  while I frantically tried to stop the bleeding. 
    "No, no, no, Leo wake up!" I shook him, eyeing the grey tinge his skin had taken on and the slack way his head rolled on his neck. 
    "Wake up!" I screamed, shaking him again. I fell back away from him, curling my knees tight to my chest and sobbing. It was all my fault. 

    I shot out of bed, sweat pouring down my back and tears dripping down my cheeks. I looked at Leo sleeping peacefully next to me and once again felt the panicky claustrophobic feeling of a few nights ago. 
    The nightmares had spooked me and I looked out at the clean green field outside my window. I punched out the glass, ignoring the little stinging cuts on my knuckles, and threw myself out the window.     
    I hit the ground and rolled, popping up and beginning to run. The cool night air billowed out around me and I cast off my shirt, wanting to feel it on my skin. It did nothing to help the sweat coating my skin so I ran faster, looking up at the clouds covering the moon. I filled my chest with big lungfuls of clean air, running until I tripped and fell. 
    I staye

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter