Eidolon

Lost Demon
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

RAVI'S POV

    There was something cold on my lips and little drops of liquid seeped into my mouth. I slowly opened my eyes, finding myself looking up at the ceiling. I was on my back, my neck cushioned with pillows and my arms at my sides. I looked down, finding Youngmin standing in front of me. Her eyes widened slightly, finding me awake, and she let her hand fall from my mouth. 
    "Ravi—" Youngmin started. I reached up, ignoring the pressure-pain of sore muscles to rest my hands on her cheeks and pull her forward. 
    Her lips warmed my numb mouth, kissing feeling back into it. I drew her down on top of me, running my hands through her hair and breathing in her scent all around me. I closed my eyes, savoring the warm press of her body against mine. There was a strange tingling in my fingertips, interrupting me, and I lifted my hand away, opening my eyes to look at it. 
    The long claws stretching from my fingers shocked me and Youngmin noticed my pause, frowning down at me. She turned her head, shifting on my chest, and reached out to lace her cold fingers through mine. 
    "You're changing." Youngmin said curiously. I frowned, watching the claws slowly melt back into my hand. 
    "How long have I been out?" I asked. My throat felt rough and rusty and I swallowed, trying to relieve my discomfort. 
    "A day or two." Youngmin said. She moved so she was lying on her stomach, her head resting in the hollow of my shoulder and her arm curled possessively over my chest. 
    "There must be a full moon soon." I said. Youngmin looked up at me, her eyes twinkling and a small teasing glint in her smile. 
    "You don't keep track of this?" Youngmin asked. I shook my head and Youngmin smacked my chest, shaking her head at me. 
    "What?" I asked. 
    "Shouldn't it be an obligation? You know, girls keep track of their periods, werewolves keep track of the next full moon?" Youngmin teased. I chuckled, running my hand along her spine and pulling her closer. 
    "I guess I didn't think of that." I admitted. Youngmin grabbed her phone off the nightstand, tapping away on it while I watched her. She finally turned the phone screen towards me, smiling. 
    "Lucky for you, I did. The next full moon is in...whoa. Barely two hours." Youngmin said. I frowned, trying to figure out what I was going to do. 
    "Where am I supposed to go? You can't exactly lock me in the bathroom. I'll break the door." I said. 
    "I'm sure the boys and I can figure something out." Youngmin said. I nodded, curling into her side and sighing. 
    "Don't move around too much, but I think your back should be okay." Youngmin murmured. Her fingertips traced absentminded circles on my chest and I nodded. 
    "Thank you." I said. We fell into silence and my thoughts wandered back to Luc and my memories. 
    "Youngmin? Do you know a guy who seems a little...odd? You would have seen him recently." I asked. Youngmin frowned, shrugging slightly. 
    "That guy I met on the plane, I guess. He's staying here too, and I ran into him a few times." Youngmin said, shifting to prop her chin on the palm of the arm not wrapped around me. 
    "What guy on the plane?" I frowned, feeling oddly fuzzy. Youngmin's eyes widened softly and a small frown started across . 
    "The guy that I sat next to. Luc? The guy with the gold eyes?" Youngmin asked. I frowned deeper.
    "You sat next to me on the plane." I protested. Youngmin shook her head, patting my chest gently. 
    "No, I didn't. Ravi, I sat next to Luhan and Luc. You sat somewhere behind us." Youngmin said. I sighed, scrubbing my face with my palm and trying to focus. 
    "You said he had gold eyes?" I said and Youngmin nodded. That sounded exactly like my creature. "What was his name?"    
    "Luc. I just saw him a few hours ago, why?" Youngmin asked. I sat up, wincing a little as I rolled out my shoulders. 
    "Did he have...horns or wings by any chance?" I asked. Youngmin gave me a look like I was crazy and shook her head. 
    "No, why?" Youngmin smiled. 
    "Nothing. I need to find him." I said. I stood and swayed, barely catching myself on the nightstand. Youngmin stood, resting her hand on my shoulder and gently pushing me back onto the bed. 
    "Whoa, easy. You're in no condition to go running around the hotel. Look at your hands." Youngmin instructed. I looked down at my fingers curled in the edge of the mattress and frowned at the long claws rapidly growing and then retracting. 
    "No, you don't understand. I think I know Luc; I think he helped me escape from Mistress." I said, trying to stand up again. Youngmin pushed me back down with a hand on my chest, shaking her head at me. 
    "That's good, but he will still be here in the morning. Right now, we need to get you someplace safe." Youngmin said firmly. The door opened and I looked past her, watching Xiumin walk slowly into the room. 
    "Hey." Xiumin said, hovering carefully near the door. Youngmin smiled at him but I narrowed my eyes, listening to the nervous uptick of his heart. 
    "What's up?" Youngmin asked. Xiumin took another slow step forward, looking me up and down. 
    "How is he?" Xiumin asked. I bristled—I was sitting right here—and straightened up. 
    "I'm fine." I said. Xiumin reached behind him, pulling out a pair of handcuffs and shrugging at me. 
    "The only plan we had for the full moon tonight was to handcuff you in one of the bathrooms and give you a heavy sedative." Xiumin said apologetically. I frowned, crossing my arms. 
    "I don't like the idea of the sedative. What if something happens?" I asked. Xiumin shrugged again, pulling a small bottle from his pocket. 
    "This is what we're going to use. Nothing will happen." Xiumin said, handing me the sedative. I read the bottle, blinking slowly when my vision flickered. 
    "Ravi, you can trust them. It's okay." Youngmin said quietly, looking at me. I sighed, finally looking up at Xiumin and nodding. 
    "Fine." I said. Xiumin looked relieved, taking the bottle back from me and motioning for me to follow him. 
    "Let's get you settled now." Xiumin suggested. I could hear Youngmin following and she took one of my hands between both of hers, letting me lead her forward. 
    We reached the marble bathroom and Xiumin motioned to the counter with the sinks. I stood in front of it and Xiumin unlocked the first pair of handcuffs. He cuffed one of my wrists to the sink, below the handle. 
    "Try pulling on that." Xiumin asked. I obeyed, giving a half-hearted tug and then a stronger one when the metal held. 
    "That should work." Youngmin said. Xiumin nodded, handing her the second pair of cuffs. I watched her do the same with my other wrist, the lupine half of me bristling at the restraints. 
    "Can you reach the mirror?" Xiumin asked, looking on with concerned eyes. I moved to tap my forehead against the mirror and found I couldn't reach it. 
    "No." I said. My voice was deepening and my fingertips were tingling again. 
    "Alright, so you can't move, and you can't break the glass and hurt yourself." Youngmin murmured to herself. 
    "These are just going to be small pricks." Xiumin said, drawing my attention to the syringe in his hand. Youngmin picked up the second one and I set my jaw, flinching slightly when they slid the needles into my biceps. 
    "I'll see you in a few hours." Youngmin smiled, kissing me and handing the needle to Xiumin. I ached to twine my fingers through her hair and hold her, but I settled for kissing her long and deep.
    When Youngmin finally pulled back, she smiled and ran her fingertips along my cheek. 
    "I love you." Youngmin said. I nodded, waiting until she was closing the door behind her to speak.
    "I love you. And Youngmin? You can trust Luc." Youngmin looked back at me, nodding slightly, then closed the door behind her. 
    I heard the lock turn and immediately felt a rush of weakness from the sedative. My eyes slipped closed and I leaned against the marble counter, swaying slightly. Youngmin's voice kept echoing through my head. 
    I love you. 

YOUNGMIN'S POV

    I looked over at Xiumin as we stepped from the bathroom, sighing deeply. I hated

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter