I'm Sorry

Lost Demon
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

RAVI'S POV

    The salty smoky scent of bacon trailed through the air, making my nose twitch and my eyes crack open. Ken was sitting on the couch next to me with a bowl of cereal on his lap and his feet propped up on the coffee table, flipping through channels on the tv. He looked over and saw I was awake, smiling at me gently and pulling the blanket covering me higher around my shoulders.  
    "What time is it?" I croaked, sitting up and rubbing my palm over my face. I was exhausted, the familiar tightness of dried tears pulling at my cheeks. 
    "10 in the morning. You're lucky you looked so bad, or Hakyeon would've woken you up hours ago." Ken smiled. Hakyeon walked into the living room at that moment with a plate of breakfast piled high with bacon, eggs and toast.
    "Why does he get all the bacon?" Ken whined, trailing his spoon morosely through his soggy cereal. Hakyeon smirked, setting my breakfast on my lap and patting my head. 
    "Eat, and then go take a shower." Hakyeon said. I rolled my eyes, taking a large bite of food and slurring my thanks. 
    "And don't talk with your mouth full!" Hakyeon scolded. I deliberately shoved in a larger bite of eggs and glared at him. 
    "Yes, mom." I mumbled. Ken snickered and Hakyeon wheeled on him, his hands firmly on his hips as he glared down at the other boy. Ken raised his hands in surrender and Hakyeon rolled his eyes, walking away towards the kitchen. 
    I inhaled my breakfast, not able to remember the last time I ate, and I found myself staring blankly down at the empty plate in my lap. Scenes from yesterday wouldn't stop playing through my mind, and I sighed raggedly. 
    "Go take a shower." Ken suggested gently, looking over from his iPad and giving me a worried frown. 
    "Okay." I mumbled, standing up and taking the plate to the kitchen. The kitchen had been cleaned and the window was replaced, all sign of damage gone. 
    I trudged up the stairs and into the bathroom, waiting for the water to warm up and staring at my reflection. There were faint newly healed scars that dusted over my neck and shoulders from the broken cereal bowl Youngmin threw, and I pressed my fingers to one of the pale pink marks. 
    I finally shook my head and sighed, stripping out of my torn jeans and balling them up in a heap on the floor. The water sprayed gently over my head and tickled down my back, pooling around my feet until I remembered to yank out the drain. I felt empty and sad, washing my hair and body mechanically while staring blankly at the wall. 
    Dressing in clean jeans and a soft pullover felt strange, leading me to tear them off and paw through my clothes until I was standing in a large pile of clothes in my boxers. I eventually gave up and walked downstairs in just my underwear and some loose sweatpants, poking around the kitchen sullenly for food. 
    "Ravi, you just ate." Hakyeon chided, looking over at me from his place on the couch. I nodded, letting my hands fall to my sides and walking over to sit on the floor in front of them. 
    "Sorry." I mumbled. Hakyeon sighed, looking over at me with a frown before walking to the kitchen and pulling out some leftovers. I heard the beep of the microwave and Hakyeon appeared with some food, placing it in my lap. 
    "Eat something, then tell us what's wrong. Where's Youngmin?" Hakyeon said. At her name, the fork slipped out of my hand and I barely caught it before it clattered onto the plate. 
    "She's with a friend." I said slowly, setting down the fork. I didn't feel like eating anymore, and even talking was too much of an effort. 
    "Why are you two here?" I asked, trying to keep them from asking me any more questions. Ken gave me a bright smile, pointing to the tv. 
    "You have free tv and food." Ken chirped. I rolled my eyes and Ken smiled, chucking a pillow at my face. It hit my forehead and bounced off, and I stared at it. 
    "I'm gonna go see Youngmin." I said, raising my eyes to meet Hakyeon and Ken's gaze. They nodded, and I walked back upstairs to pull on a shirt. 
    While I was in the process of pulling my shirt over my head, I noticed the faded patch on my bicep. The nicotine patch was beginning to peel off, and I yanked it off the rest of the way. I hadn't been paying much attention to my physical health this morning, but now that I was reminded, I felt horrible.  
    I was dizzy and the room spun slowly, my skin sweaty and cold. I felt vaguely like throwing up, and my sore muscles dragged me down. I dug through my pockets briefly before remembering Youngmin took my cigarettes, and then I remembered my patches were at Magnus' house. 
    I ran my hands through my hair and realized it wasn't worth it, I could just wait until I got to Magnus' to put on another patch. I could last until then, right?
    I walked downstairs and waved goodbye to Hakyeon and Ken. The walk to town was a slow one; I was cold without a jacket and I walked with my hands in my pockets, my breath clouding the air in front of me. I could easily stop and buy a pack of cigarettes, but I didn't want to disappoint Youngmin.

    I reached Magnus' house and I was just walking up the front steps when I realized I wasn't ready to see Youngmin yet. I wanted to, I wanted to see her and hold her, but I couldn't. Every time I pictured Youngmin in my mind, her shape wavered into Mistress, and I wasn't prepared for that to happen. 

    "You've come too far to turn back." I grumbled to myself. I finally sighed and sat down cross-legged, my palms resting on my knees and my back straight as I stared at Magnus' front door. The stone of his porch was damp, and the cold wetness of it soaked through the back of my pants in no time, but I still didn't move. 
    My back eventually slouched and my eyes drooped and the urge to vomit or pass out got more demanding, but I fought it. My hands were clenched into fists on my knees and I would wait until I was good and ready to see Youngmin. 
    The front door flew open unexpectedly and almost hit me in the face, and Alec barely saved himself from falling on me. He righted himself and looked down at me curiously, tilting his head to the side. I looked him up and down, eyeing the black leather jacket and pants that covered his entire body, and the long blade that rested at his side. 
    "What are you...what are you doing?" Alec asked, frowning at me. I shrugged, pressing my fingertips to my eyes to relieve the burning sensation, and blinked up at him. 
    "Waiting for Youngmin." I muttered, wiping the sweat off my forehead with the back of my wrist and sighing. 
    "Oh!" Alec said, his mouth forming an understanding 'o'. "Do you want me to go get someone or...something?"
    "No, I'm okay. Thanks." I said, turning my head to continue facing the door. Alec nodded to himself and gave me a cautious wave. 
    "Alright. Bye then." Alec murmured, turning to walk away. I rolled my head on my neck stiffly and covered a yawn.
    An hour later I finally stood, dusting off the back of my pants and raising my hand to the door. I knocked and Magnus' voice boomed out at me. 
    "WHO DARES DISTURB THE HIGH WARLOCK AT WORK?!" I rolled my eyes slightly at his imperious words, not able to understand how Magnus could intimidate anyone, and knocked again. 
    The door flew open and Magnus glared down at me, his eyes softening quickly. He was dressed in black silk paj

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter