Magnus

Lost Demon
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

RAVI'S POV

    I made my way around the perimeter of the house, scanning the air for any trace of Leo's scent. There was a trail leading into the trees behind the house and I stepped forward, crunching over the lawn as I followed it. Several feet into the trees the trail disappeared, and I turned in a circle trying to find it again. After several minutes I growled in frustration and launched my foot into a nearby tree, denting the heavy wood and making an answering crack come from my ankle. 
    "Damn!" I hissed, clutching my ankle. It started to knit itself back together and tears blurred my vision, completely unrelated to the pain. 
    I sat on the ground, sinking into the rotting leaves covering the floor, and pulled another cigarette from my pocket. The alcohol I had drunk earlier had already run through my system, and my hands were shaking from stress. Three long drags on the cigarette had me slightly more relaxed, and I leaned my back against a tree. 
    I sighed, rubbing my jaw with my free hand and biting my lip when my vision blurred again. I had told Leo to take Youngmin's memory of Yongguk's fall, and only let her know that he was a vampire now. I knew the news of Yongguk's death would crush her, and I wanted to save her from any pain. The only people who knew about Yongguk were me, Leo, and M.I.B.      
    Although I was glad I wasn't hurting Youngmin, the weight on my heart was almost too much to bear. And now that Leo was gone too...I didn't know what I was going to do. The only thing keeping me sane right now was Youngmin. 
    When my cigarette had mostly burned down, I buried it in some damp earth before standing and brushing off my pants. Running my hand through my now shaggy hair, I started to walk back towards the house. I shut the front door behind me softly, not wanting to risk waking Youngmin if she was asleep, and made my way to the living room. 
    The tv was still on and I frowned, reaching out and turning it off with a electronic 'thunk'. I picked up couch cushions that had been knocked on the floor, and walked to the kitchen. Padding carefully through the broken glass, I used duck tape to hang a blanket over the gaping hole left by the broken window. I took a broom and swept up the glass, trying to think what I was going to do with V. 
    Finally deciding I would just take him out back and bury him, I walked to the stairs. Upon seeing the empty, body-less space at the bottom, I grabbed a knife from the kitchen. Walking closer, I discovered V was nowhere to be found. 
    "Youngmin?!" I called, my voice cracking with worry. There was no answer and I bit my lip, bounding up the stairs two at a time. 
    She wasn't in the bedroom. Or the bathroom. Or the study, the living room, Leo's room, the attic, or the kitchen. 
    "Youngmin, where are you?!" I yelled, pacing in the kitchen. She was gone, and I had no idea where she was. 
    "This isn't happening. This can not be happening!" I slid down to sit on the floor, leaning my back against the kitchen cabinets and cradling my head in my hands. 
    "No, no, no, no, no, no..." I chanted in a whisper, my eyes blurring and then overfilling rapidly. I sniffed as I started to sob, my chest heaving painfully as I struck my fist on the ground over and over. 
    Clapping my palm down on the countertop behind me and heaving myself up, I tugged on my hair until I felt like it would rip out. I leaned against the counter, dropping my forehead against the cool tile and crying until there was nothing left. 
    I in another large breath and then turned to look at the wall opposite me. My head throbbed and my eyes burned, but I still distractedly opened up the cabinet next to me. Seizing the first coffee cup I saw, I traced the handle tenderly with my thumb before cocking my arm back and sending it hurling into the wall. It shattered with a loud spray of ceramic fragments, and I grabbed another cup. When I ran out of coffee cups, I switched to bowls, and then to dinner plates, until a massive pile of jagged edges rose up by the wall. 
    I had started crying again sometime during my attack, and now I walked past the pile with my palm pressed to my mouth to smother my cries. The shards cut my feet up brutally and I kept walking numbly up the stairs, leaving smudges of red everywhere. 
    I grabbed Youngmin's cell phone from her desk and flipped through the contacts blankly. I finally found the one I was looking for and pressed call. 
    "Hello?" Tablo's familiar voice washed over me and I cleared my throat softly. 
    "Hyung. I can't find Youngmin. I need help." My own voice sounded flat and dead even to me, but I couldn't care at the moment. 
    "Ravi? I'm sorry, but the pack isn't there. We're all down the coast, tracking down a band of wendigos. Can't you just find her by yourself?" Tablo's voice was gentle, but I still struck the desk with my fist. 
    "No! I can't find her! Aren't you listening?!" I yelled, my fingers clenching the phone so tightly the screen cracked. 
    "Ravi, calm down! We'll be there in a few days. Just be careful, okay?" Tablo reassured me. 
    "I'll find her myself." I spat, slamming the phone down on the desk and shattering it completely. When the small amount of damage wasn't enough, I sent my arm flying into the chair next to me. It lifted up and slammed into the wall, smashing on the ground with a satisfying noise. 
    Striding into my bedroom, I grabbed a jacket and walked back downstairs. Every step I took bought a new wave of pain through my feet, but I didn't care. I slammed the front door behind me and took off running, heading for town. 
    When I reached the Devil's Den, I slammed my way inside. Everyone stopped talking and the music cut off suddenly, all the supernaturals turning to look at me. My chest was still heaving from my run, and my face was creased in anger when I looked at everyone. 
    "Can anyone here help me find my girlfriend?!" I called, looking around angrily. There was a moment of stunned silence before everyone erupted in laughter, only making my anger grow. 
    "Can't hold onto them by yourself, eh boy?" A tall vampire laughed in my face as he passed me, and I growled. 
    In a few seconds, I had grabbed his hand and twisted it behind his back, slamming him into a wall. The vampire used his foot to push back off the wall and into me, knocking me over and breaking the hold I had on him. I sprawled back on the floor and the vampire pounced on me, his hand clamping around my throat as he hissed. 
    "Come on!" I yelled, glaring at him defiantly. He hissed again and his fangs snapped out, hurtling towards my throat. 
    "Okay, that's enough of that." A smooth voice made the vampire look up, and he moved off of me grudgingly.  
    "What, too scared to fight me?!" I yelled after him, propping myself up on my elbows. The vampire lunged back towards me, only to be stopped by a tall slender man moving in front of him. 
    "Move along, Raphael." The same smooth voice purred from the man, and the vampire—Raphael—grumbled and walked away. 
    "Are you alright?" The man turned to me, offering a hand, and I brushed him off with a scowl. 
    "What the hell did you do that for?" I growled, standing on my own and brushing my pants off. He pulled his hand back with a mildly amused smirk, running it through his spiky black hair instead. 
    "Let's see, what did I do that for? Maybe to keep the other diners from having to witness what would have been your rather gory death?" He mused, lifting one eyebrow and landing a hand on my shoulder. I shrugged him off and he grabbed my shoulder again, a grin spreading across his face. 
    "Come on, sit down and tell me what's wrong." He said, pulling me over to a booth and sliding me in. I tried to get up and he pushed me back down, a scowl flitting briefly over his features. 
    "Sit." He commanded in a low voice, before returning to his original friendly look. I grumbled and sat down, eyeing him as I did. 
    He was tall and lean, dressed in loose black pants and a long black coat that had probably been in style several hundred years ago. His eyes were lined richly with kohl and his hair sparkled with a faint dusting of glitter hair gel. He looked almost Asian, but there was some mixture of another race. I wondered distractedly what it was. The most remarkable thing about his appearance were his eyes, bright gold with slit pupils like a cat. I frowned as I considered them, wondering if he was wearing contacts.    
    "Now, what's your name?" His voice was just as soft and rich as ever, purring gently through the room. 
    "Ravi." I grunted grudgingly. He tilted his head and waved a waitress over, earrings pierced all the way up the outside of his ear flashing in the lights overhead. 
    "Could I get iced tea for me and Ravi?" He asked, flashing a charming smile at the waitress. She nodded, walking away quickly and leaving me to look at him. 
    "Who are you?" I asked, my arms crossed as I

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter