Memory

Lost Demon
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

RAVI'S POV

    I closed my eyes tightly, blinking and shaking my head to clear it. Sounds and images swirled past me, mixing into a giant mess and making me look around wildly. Something crashed into me and I snarled, looking down at the angry werewolf in my grip. He snapped towards my neck and I shoved him back, rolling to my feet. 
    There was something behind me, something that needed protection. I turned slightly, my vision wavering shades of red when I fixed on the figure kneeling on the ground. I lifted my nose, scenting a human female, mixed with another scent. 
    The scent was light and sweet. One that made me want to close my eyes and take long lungfuls of air, drawing more in. The flowery scent was laced with something slightly more dusky, a warm undertone that made my spine tingle and my eyes flicker with greed. 
    Youngmin. That was her name. I tore my gaze away from her, my neck snapping back when the other werewolf landed a kick on my jaw. I fell on my back, my head cracking into the cement and making my ears ring. Warm liquid burst down my neck and I winced, scrabbling back on the ground to protect her. 
    The other werewolf jumped on top of me, his forearm pressed against my neck and he glared down at me. I gasped for air as I looked up at him, my vision slowly fading from all red to normal, my teeth changing back. 
    "Yongguk?" I gasped, looking up at him. He didn't respond and I tried to pry his hands off me, straining for air.   
    "Yongguk, please—" I wheezed. I met his eyes, my own eyes widening in shock when I saw his. 
    Yongguk's hands were like iron bands around my neck, strong with the intent to kill, the desire to shed blood. But his eyes were soft and dark brown, wide with fear and pain. Yongguk's hands shook around my neck, his face creasing in effort as he tried to tear himself away. I struggled to breathe, already paralyzed from lack of oxygen, 
    My eyes slipped shut and I spiraled away, spinning through space and time. 

    I stalked through the park, my hands stuffed deeply in my pockets as I grumbled to myself. 
    "Stupid Ravi. I'm not trying to steal your stupid girlfriend, I thought you wanted me to come on your stupid picnic." I growled, scuffing my shoes along the ground. 
    I frowned mentally, drawing back in confusion. My body continued to walk, making me try to freeze. Panic bubbled up inside of me and I ducked into a public bathroom, looking in the mirror gratefully. 
    Leo's face looked back at me. I reached up, touching my face wonderingly and stiffening when Leo spoke to me. 
    'This is what happened to me when I was gone.' Leo whispered. 'You're in my memories.'
    'Seriously?' I asked. Leo hummed inside my head and my legs moved, taking me outside the bathroom. 
    'Just try to relax. Your real body is not looking so good right now, and I'm supposed to keep your consciousness alive. I thought it would be useful to share these memories with you now.' Leo said. I nodded mentally, absorbing the world inside Leo's memories. 
    'What do you mean, 'keep my consciousness alive'?' I asked suddenly. I could feel the awkwardness from Leo through our link, and he sighed mentally. 
    'You have brain damage. Severe brain damage.' Leo said emptily, making shock flash through me. 
    'How bad?' I whispered. 
    'We don't know if your body is going to wake up.' Leo said quietly. The floor dropped out from underneath me and it was a good thing I wasn't in control of this body, because I would've fallen over by now. I watched with half a mind as memory Leo walked into a hair salon and got his hair cut. 
    'Ravi, stop freaking out, you're making it worse!' Leo scolded. I tried to relax, watching as memory Leo/me walked down the street. 
    'Just...be in my memories. Relax, you're going to be fine.' Leo said. I nodded to myself, accepting memory Leo's body to be my own for a while, and watching carefully as 'I' walked down the street. 
    "I should get home." I muttered. I started to turn, walking along the street, and a black van pulled up next to me. 
    The door slid open and I started to run, two men jumping from the van and chasing after me. I poured on more speed, almost able to turn the corner and get away when my legs locked. I dropped to my knees, something holding my legs my legs to the ground. My collar itched and burned and I screamed when a bolt of pain seared through my head. 
    'Miss me, Leo?' I snarled when Mistress' hated voice rolled through my mind. 'Just come with my friends.'
    'Let me go, you sadistic !' I snapped back, forcing myself to my feet. The men had caught up with me and I recognized Jin and Jungkook with a snarl. Jin paused, snapping a round kick into my head and dropping me to the ground.     
    I started to get back up and Jungkook held me down, pinning me by my shoulders. Jin stabbed my shoulder with a syringe, forcing a blue liquid into my veins. I yelled and Jin's hand snapped out, covering my mouth and nose and cutting off my air. The world started spinning and I struggled against him weakly, fading away into darkness.     

    Murmuring voices woke me and I raised my head, squinting against the pounding headache invading my thoughts. I was reclined in what looked like a metal dentist's chair, my body strapped down with metal cuffs. Everywhere from my wrists to my biceps, ankles, thighs, and hips was held fast to the table, making me look around slowly. An IV drip trailed into my arm, clear liquid flowing into me. 
    I tried to rattle the chair, wincing when my head flared with pain. A tray of medical equipment was next to my chair and I tried to reach towards it, eyeing the scalpel sitting next to the tweezers. The metal door swung open and I snapped towards it, glaring at Jin when he walked in. 
    "Awww, don't give me that face." Jin pouted at me, his eyes narrowing as he came to a stop next to me. 
    "Get away from me." I spat, baring my teeth at him.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter