Pack

Lost Demon
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

RAVI'S POV

    I moaned, opening my eyes slowly and taking a deep breath. There was a dull ache in my side and I was too hot, looking down at the heavy blanket that covered me. I started to pull the corner of the blanket back, grunting when my side flashed with pain. 
    "Take it easy." I looked up, relaxing back when Yongguk reached out and pulled the blanket back for me. 
    "What happened?" I asked groggily, looking at Yongguk and then at Daehyun. Daehyun was staring at the two of us, settled in a chair by my bed with a slightly traumatized look on his face. 
    "Daehyun found you and brought you here. He fixed you up." Yongguk said quietly. 
    "Daehyun also wants to know what the hell is going on." Daehyun stated quietly, raising his hand slightly like a student and looking between Yongguk and I with a confused face. 
    "What do you mean?" I asked. Yongguk reached out, tapping the side of my neck softly with his fingers. 
    "You finished healing." Yongguk explained, running his hand over the smooth skin. I pulled my shirt up, looking down at the small wound in my side. The bullet hole had been stitched up, and it was slowly sealing itself even as I watched. 
    "/That/ is not normal." Daehyun said, pointing at my side with a shaking hand. I sighed, realizing how freaked out he was, and let Yongguk calm him down. 
    "Where's Youngmin?" I asked, standing up slowly.    
    "Downstairs." Yongguk said quietly, turning to begin explaining things to Daehyun. I nodded, slowly making my way down the stairs and towards the kitchen. 
    Leo and Youngmin were standing at the stove side by side, both of them stirring their respective dishes. Leo turned down to whisper something in Youngmin's ear, making her giggle and bump his hip with hers. Leo smiled and leaned into her side, making my heart flip around in my chest. My hands tightened and I cleared my throat loudly, making them both turn to look at me with wide smiles. 
    "Ravi!" Youngmin exclaimed, jogging forward to hug me. I shook off my jealous thoughts, wrapping my arms around her and smiling.   
    "How are you feeling?" Leo asked, patting my shoulder gently. I nodded at him, smiling softly. 
    "I'm feeling fine. Yongguk says this should be healed in an hour at the most." I patted my side. Leo smiled, looking pleased as he turned back to his bubbling pot. 
    "That's great." Youngmin said. Leo called her back over and she turned away, busying herself and leaving me standing there awkwardly. 
    "I'm gonna go watch tv..." I said, gesturing towards the living room with my thumb. 
    "Go ahead." Youngmin said distractedly, talking with Leo. 
    "And maybe steal some food..." I added, still looking for a reaction. Leo was explaining how to properly whisk whatever Youngmin was cooking, leaning over to wrap his arms around her and place his hands over hers. 
    "And jump off a building..." I said. Youngmin hummed blankly, looking up at Leo and smiling at him. 
    "Are you even listening?!" I snapped, crossly grabbing a package of cookies and storming into the living room. 
    I threw myself angrily down on the couch, ripping the package open with my teeth and smashing the remote buttons to change the channel. Daehyun came down the stairs a few minutes later, walking past me blankly and out the front door. 
    "Dinner!" Youngmin's voice brought Yongguk and I running into the dining room, sitting down to see what she and Leo had made. 
    "Everyone, enjoy." Youngmin smiled, sitting down next to Leo. I looked down at the thick piece of meat in front of me, feeling my mouth water as I picked up my knife. 
    "Yongguk said you liked meat more now, so I bought you some." Youngmin said to me, smiling widely. I smiled back, thanking her and feeling a flash of guilt for being jealous. 
    "That was nice of you." I mumbled, dropping my head. My own words sounded weak and mechanical and I sighed slightly in frustration. 
    Youngmin gave me a strange look and we ate in silence until Yongguk cleared his throat and broke the quiet. 
    "Who did this to you?" Yongguk asked me quietly. I explained what had happened and I watched the crease between Yongguk's eyes get deeper and deeper as his eyes narrowed further. 
    "Myungsoo, Sunggyu, and Hoya?" Yongguk confirmed. I nodded, hearing the dangerous growl in his voice. 
    "Where was the shop again?" Leo asked quietly. I described it as best I could and Yongguk stood, his chair scraping back as he picked up his plate. 
    "That's Tablo's territory." Yongguk pointed out, putting his plate in the sink and running water over it. 
    "Who's Tablo?" I asked. Yongguk came back into the room, shrugging on his jacket and zipping it up. 
    "The underground king. Everyone in the supernatural world and most people in this city have heard of him; him and his gang are famous." Yongguk smiled. 
    "Are you saying I pissed off some kind of mafia boss?" I swallowed nervously, standing up. 
    "No, nothing like that." Yongguk chuckled. "Tablo's good people. We'll just go talk to him and explain." 
    "When?" I asked. Yongguk shrugged, sitting back down and crossing his legs lazily. 
    "Whenever you're ready." Yongguk said. I took another bite of food, watching Youngmin stand up with her plate. She smiled at me before going into the kitchen, making Leo look after her quietly. 
    "Oppa! Come here!" Youngmin called cheerfully. I half-stood then stopped when I saw Leo immediately bound towards the kitchen, a wide smile on his face. 
    I slumped back into the chair angrily, picking at my meat with a pout on my face. The more I thought about it the angrier I got, my fists clenching and my heartbeat speeding up. 
    "Okay, time to go." Yongguk jerked me out of my thoughts with a hand on my shoulder, yanking me to my feet. 
    "Bye!" I called distractedly as he pulled me out the door. 
    "What's wrong with you?" Yongguk asked, starting his car and pulling out of the driveway. I shrugged, looking out the window tiredly. 
    "What do you mean?"
    "I've never smelled jealousy like that before." Yongguk admitted, looking over at me with a raised eyebrow. 
    "Yeah, well..." I trailed off sullenly. 
    "They're not together." Yongguk said suddenly, looking in front of him and maneuvering the streets carefully. 
    "How can you tell?" I asked, looking at him. Yongguk smacked the back of my head, making me rock forward and grimace. 
    "First of all, Youngmin loves you!" Yongguk exclaimed. I glared at him, holding my head and trying to decide whether I wanted to listen to him or chew his face off. 
    "And there's nothing romantic in the way Youngmin looks at Leo. They're just friends, and you're just hormonal because of the change." Yongguk said flatly. I grumbled to myself, slumping down in my seat and crossing my arms. 
    "Whatever..." I mumbled. Yongguk sighed, pulling in front of a large nightclub. I looked distastefully up at the flashing sign in front of us, reading the name on it dubiously. 
    "The Devil's Den?" I scoffed, looking over at Yongguk. He nodded, getting out of the car and motioning for me to follow him. 
    "This place has the best steaks in town." Yongguk said, pulling me closer to him. I rolled my eyes, noticing the protective way he pushed me behind him as we neared the entrance. 
    "Just let me do the talking." Yongguk instructed, nodding towards two men standing by the door. They were both dressed in black leather, eyeing us as they stepped forward. 
    "Is anyone—" one of them started to ask, before being interrupted by the other. 
    "Are you going to ask them the question, Taeyang-hyung?" The second man was obviously younger, with short black hair and a piercing through the cartilage of his right ear. Taeyang sighed, rolling his eyes and turning to the other exasperatedly. 
    "I was going to, Seungri!" Taeyang snapped. 
    "But it's my turn to ask the question!" Seungri whined back, pouting at Taeyang. 
    "No, it's not! You asked last time!" Taeyang shrieked. 
    "Did not!"
    "Did too!"
    "Did not!" 
    "Did too!" Taeyang and Seungri were right in each other's faces now, screaming at each other. My mouth was open in shock as I watched these two otherwise intimidating men act like children. Yongguk was holding the bridge of his nose and grimacing, looking like an annoyed parent. 
    "Did not!" Taeyang reached out, pushing Seungri back a little. Seungri shoved back, resulting in both of them shoving each other with increasing ferocity in front of the doorway. 
    "Fine!" Seungri finally yelled, turning away. "You do it this time!"
    "I will!" Taeyang yelled back, spinning away with a pout. 
    "Good!" Seungri crossed his arms, pointedly looking away from Taeyang. Taeyang did the same, finally looking back at me and Yongguk and clearing his throat. 
    "Are you two—" 
    "That's not the question!" Seungri interrupted furiously. 
    "I know! You distracted me so much you made me forget the question! You're so annoying!" Taeyang exploded at Seungri. 
    "And you're an idiot!" Seungri yelled right back. 
    "Brat!" Taeyang returned. 
    "Moron!"
    "!"
    "Imbecile!"
    "Twit!"
    "Jerk!"
    "Dork!"
    "Dumb !" Seungri yelled. 
    "That's the same as a ! You just changed the ending; stop stealing my insults you bonehead!" Taeyang screamed. 
    "Boys could we just—" Yongguk tried to push his way forward, stopped by the boys.  
    "If you don't want people to steal them, come up with better ones!" Seungri exclaimed. 
    "People steal better stuff, you nitwit! That doesn't even make sense." Taeyang muttered. 
    "—if we could get through—" Yongguk tried again. 
    "Oh, just ask the question!" Seungri yelled at Taeyang. 
    "I'm trying! Would you just shut up?!" Taeyang bellowed. Seungri flinched back, his mouth falling open as he looked at Taeyang in shock.  
    "Shut up?" Seungri mumbled in a hurt voice. 
    "No, Ri, I didn't mean it like that..." Taeyang said quietly, stepping towards Seungri. Seungri turned away, crossing his arms and looking at the ground. 
    "Are you going to say the words?" Seungri asked quietly. Taeyang sighed, then nodded. 
    "Yes." Taeyang said. "I'm sorry, Seungri." 
    "Do you mean it?" Seungri asked. Taeyang nodded solemnly and Seungri smiled, nodding happily. Taeyang leaned forward to hug him and tripped, crashing into the smaller boy. 
    "What's wrong with you?! You can't even hug people right!" Seungri yelled, shoving Taeyang back. 
    "I hug better than you!" Taeyang yelled. 
    "Do not!"
    "Do too!"
    "Do not!"
    "Do too!"
    "Seungri! Taeyang! Stop making all this racket!" A tall man burst from the doorway, grabbing Seungri and Taeyang by their necks and smacking their heads together. 
    "Ow! Hyung~" Seungri whined, pouting up at the man. 
    "Tabi-hyung, Seungri said he hugs better than me! Tell him he's wrong!" Taeyang whined. 
    "Would you two be quiet for thirty seconds?" Tabi rumbled exasperatedly, holding Seungri and Taeyang to his sides with an arm around each of their necks. 
    "Can I help you two with something?" Tabi asked. 
    "That's not the que—" Seungri's whine was cut off by Tabi's arm tightening around his neck and he stopped talking quickly. 
    "Wait a second...Yongguk?" Tabi asked, peering at Yongguk. 
    "Yes, sir!" Yongguk smiled, patting Tabi on the shoulder. 
    "Is Ta

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter