Daehyun

Lost Demon
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

    I woke up slowly, registering a warm heavy weight curled around my hips. I opened my eyes, looking down at the bandaged forearm around my waist, and the hand that curved under my body. Ravi's slow breathing stirred the hairs on the nape of my neck, his nose pressed into my neck as well. 
    I stayed still for another moment, enjoying Ravi's warmth curled into my back, and then slowly got up. His nose scrunched in displeasure as his eyes fluttered open and he reached out for me. I covered him up with the blankets, patting his head softly and making my way to the bathroom. 
    I showered, dressing in a thick white long sleeve shirt and some white pajama bottoms. I sighed as the warm fabric clung to my skin, the rain still pattering on the roof unrelentingly. I pulled my hair up in a bun and walked downstairs to the kitchen. 
    I put on a pot of coffee and grabbed ingredients for pancakes. I started mixing, staring out the window at the cloudy sky raining down on the fields. A soft noise made me turn, looking at Ravi standing in the doorway. His hair was wildly messy from sleep and he stared at me with half-closed eyes. 
    "Good morning." I smiled, pouring some of the mix into a pan on the stove. "You can sleep more if you want."
    Ravi shook his head, walking slowly over towards me, stepping gingerly on his wounded feet. He stopped in front me, tilting his head to the side curiously as I flipped the pancake. We stayed like this in silence until I had a towering stack of pancakes. 
    "Sit down, have some food." I invited, pulling out a barstool and smiling when Ravi sat immediately and stared fixedly at the food. 
    I pulled out syrup, honey, powdered sugar, and fruit, setting them before Ravi. His fingers tapped on the countertop gently, his entire body wiggling in place as he tried to hold himself back from seizing the food. 
    "Go ahead." I pushed the plate of pancakes in front of him with a fork. I poured some honey over the top, watching him attack the mound. 
    "Are they good?" I asked rhetorically, taking a bite of my own pancakes. Ravi nodded violently, his cheeks puffed out cutely with food. His eyes flicked over to me and he shyly pushed the honey over towards me. 
    "Thank you." I smiled, pouring a little honey over my food and handing the bottle back to him. Ravi poured even more honey over his pancakes, basically eating straight honey most of the time. 
    When Ravi sat back a few minutes later, his plate completely empty, I watched the hungry way he looked around the kitchen. I stood up, pouring two cups of coffee and placing one before Ravi.
    "Do you want some more food?" I asked, smiling at him. Ravi nodded shyly, staring down at the cup of coffee curiously. 
    "Go ahead." I motioned towards the cup, turning around to pull some bacon out of the refrigerator. I laid out pieces of meat carefully in a pan, turning on the heat and standing by the crackling pan. 
    I flipped the pieces, turning to watch Ravi take an experimental sip of coffee. His lips curved up a little, the closest to a smile he had gotten so far, and he took another sip. I turned back, gasping in pain when a large drop of hot oil popped onto my arm. I jerked my arm back, dropping my metal tongs on the ground with a clatter and holding my arm. 
    Ravi was immediately by my side, grasping my arm in his large hands gently. He looked down at the angry red spot, eyeing the burn with distaste. He pulled me over towards the sink gently, turning on the water and running cold water over the burn. 
    "Ravi, I'll be fine." I said, watching him pick up the tongs from the ground and put them in the sink. He looked up at me, his brown eyes worried, and he shook his head. 
    I reached out, shutting off the water with one hand and drying my arm carefully with a towel. I leaned over, pulling him away from the hot pan so he didn't get burned, and pulled a clean pair of tongs out. 
    "Look, all better. Doesn't even hurt." I said, showing him the faded red spot. I started flipping the bacon again, eventually placing a plate of bacon in front of Ravi.
    He had retuned to his barstool, taking large gulps of his coffee, and now he pushed the plate ever so slowly towards me. I shook my head with a smile, wiping up the counter, and Ravi pulled the plate back. He started eating hungrily, his head bent over the plate and his hair falling in his eyes. 
    "Ravi." I said softly, making him raise his head and look at me curiously. I had finished doing the dishes and now I pulled out the barstool next to him, sitting down. 
    "Can you speak again?" I asked softly, looking at him. Ravi was silent for a few seconds, taking another bite of bacon. He turned afterwards to look at me, nodding. 
    "Hurts." Ravi mumbled. Like before, his beautifully deep voice was rusty from disuse. I nodded, and Ravi took another bite of food. 
    "Hurts to talk?" I asked. Ravi nodded, his soft eyes looking over at me. I nodded, smiling at him before taking his empty plate. 
    "Don't talk unless you want to, okay?" I asked. Ravi nodded, and I beckoned for him to follow me. 
    I placed his plate in the sink and led him upstairs to the bathroom. I the shower, Ravi startling back with a surprised noise, and pulled first-aid supplies out of the cabinet. While the shower water heated, I sat Ravi back down on the chair and took off his shirt. 
    "I'll just clean these first and then you can shower while I do the laundry. Then I'll wrap these back up." I said, looking down at Ravi. He nodded, wincing when I peeled the gauze off his arm. 
    I inspected the cuts, knowing that they were definitely infected now by their inflamed appearance, and poured rubbing alcohol over them slowly. Ravi clenched his jaw again, struggling to not jerk away, and I poured faster. 
    "I know, I'm sorry." I mumbled, looking over at him. Ravi nodded, signaling he already knew, and I moved to his back. Luckily, the cut on his back looked clean, and I just rinsed it out carefully. 
    "All done." I said, smiling at Ravi. He nodded, and I showed him where the shampoo and conditioner were. 
    "I'll bring you some clean clothes, just leave these outside the door." I smiled at him. Ravi nodded at me and I walked outside, picking up laundry from different hampers. 
    I knew my brother wasn't supposed to be home for another week, but I still wanted time to ease him into the fact Ravi was staying with me. If he walked in right now, he would probably flip a switch...
    Ravi needed medical attention, but I couldn't risk taking him to a hospital. They would want files and records that I didn't have, and I didn't want to risk them scaring Ravi. He was already jumpy enough...
    Daehyun! I would call Daehyun. My brother's best friend had been studying to become a doctor, why didn't I think of him before? I would just call him to come look at Ravi right now. But what if he told Youngjae? No...he wouldn't do that. 
    On a completely different, less urgent note, Ravi needed a haircut. And his own clothes. He was taller than Youngjae, and it almost seemed like he had already begun to fill out from the food I had given him. In another week, there was no way he would be able to use Youngjae's stuff. 
    Luckily, I had a friend who was a fashion god. I pulled out my phone, punching in Daehyun's number and asking him to make a house call. Daehyun accepted, saying he would he here in about twenty minutes, and I hung up. I dialed my other friend, smiling when he picked up. 
    "This had better be good." Himchan growled into the phone. I giggled at my diva-Oppa, sitting down at barstool. 
    "I have a friend who needs a makeover. He's about six feet tall, with broad shoulders. Can you bring over a wardrobe and give him a haircut? Thanks Oppa, bye!" I said quickly, hanging up immediately after I finished. If you didn't give Himchan time to argue, things usually went a lot smoother.
    Twenty minutes later there was a knock on the door, and I hurried to answer it. Daehyun gave me his signa

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter