Frozen

Lost Demon
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 RAVI'S POV

    The first thing I registered when I opened my eyes was Youngmin curled up next to me. She was deeply asleep, her pale pink lips slightly parted, her breath stirring the hair draped across her cheek. I reached out to smooth it away from her face and tighten my other arm around her waist, pulling her closer. 
    The second thing I registered was the ungodly pain from my lip. I winced, reaching up to attempt to touch it. As soon as my finger came in contact with the swollen skin, I yanked my arm away, nursing a soft whimper. 
    I stretched out on my back, staring up at the ceiling and thinking hard. I had already killed Jin. My next target was either Jungkook or Mistress, whichever one I found first. They were both in London, with Hoseok and Suga, and I stood. I was careful not to wake Youngmin, turning to pull the covers up to her chin and walk quietly out of the room. 
    It was eleven in the morning and Magnus was stretched out on his couch with a laptop on his knees. He waved at me, gesturing to the empty coffee cups waiting for me on the counter. I poured some coffee into one and sat next to him, waiting for him to look up. 
    "Yes?" Magnus asked. I raised my coffee cup, tried to drink, then thought better of it and set my cup down. 
    "I need a favor." I started. Magnus motioned for me to continue, and I handed him my coffee as a bribe.
    "I need money for two plane tickets to London, and a place to stay while I'm over there." I said, looking at him hopefully. Magnus took a pensive sip of coffee and nodded, his eyes tracking me over the rim. 
    "I've got a mansion in Manchester you can stay at. I assume you're going to be hunting Mistress?" Magnus inquired, raising one eyebrow. I nodded, and he snapped his fingers with a flurry of blue sparks. 
    "Your plane leaves in ten hours; chop chop." Magnus said, two tickets and passports appearing in my lap. I looked down at them with wide eyes, then up at Magnus' easy smirk. 
    "Thank you." I said. Magnus nodded, waving me away, and I stood. 
    "You need to go wake Youngmin, get a shower, get some food in you, pack your clothes and be at the airport by seven tonight." Magnus informed me, ticking points off on his long fingers. 
    "Thanks again!" I called, jogging back to Youngmin's room.    
    I shook her awake quickly, explaining our trip to London and easing her out of bed. She smiled sleepily at me and I grasped her hand, grabbing our belongings from Magnus' house. 
    "You two have fun!" Magnus called from the couch when we waved goodbye, clicking away on his laptop. 
    "Thanks again!" I said, closing the door and sighing when I walked into the afternoon. Youngmin trotted along next to me, looking slightly more put together but still sleepy. 
    "How are you feeling?" I asked, wrapping my arm around her shoulders. She smiled at me, leaning into my side and sighing. 
    "Tired. Healing you was hard." Youngmin murmured. I halted, pulling Youngmin back when she kept walking. 
    "You healed me?" I asked, looking down at the slender scar spanning the length of my forearm. 
    "Yeah, last night." Youngmin said, tugging me forward again. I twined my fingers through hers, enjoying the familiar press of her shoulder into mine.
    "I assumed it was Magnus. I didn't know you could do that." I said. Then I paused, frowning slightly. "How can you do that?"
    "Uh, Magnus has been showing me some stuff." Youngmin answered after a few minutes. Her heartbeat ticked up at the lie, but I decided to let it go for now. 
    "Cool." I said quietly. "Thank you."
    "No problem." Youngmin said, stopping in front of her front door and unlocking it quickly. We both walked inside and looked around, surprised to hear the dim murmur of music throughout the house. 
    "Hello?" Youngmin called, setting her keys down and toeing off her shoes. I pulled her back, motioning for me to go first. 
    I padded down the hall, bracing myself to deal with vampires or some such creature, and instead found myself face to face with Youngjae. He was standing in the kitchen shoveling chocolate cereal in his mouth. He waved at me happily and then froze when he saw Youngmin behind me. 
    "Yoo Youngjae, are you eating chocolate cereal at one in the afternoon?" Youngmin scolded from behind me. I smiled as Youngjae's ears and cheeks turned red, his eyes dropping down to the bowl where he swirled his spoon through the milk.
    "Maybe." Youngjae mumbled. Youngmin laughed, walking past me to hug her brother tightly. He hugged her and tugged on the end of her ponytail gently, laughing. 
    "Where were you though? I called your cellphone but I couldn't get a hold of you." Youngjae said, attempting to look slightly stern and failing. 
    "My phone broke, sorry." Youngmin said, walking back to stand by me. Youngjae gave me a friendly clap on the back, reaching out to grab the box of cereal next to him and pour more into his bowl. 
    "I'm going to go get in the shower then get packed. Our flight's at nine." I reminded Youngmin, turning to walk out of the kitchen. 
    "What flight?" Youngjae broke in, his spoon halfway to his mouth and hovering in the air. Youngmin motioned me forward, gesturing for me to start walking up the stairs. I heard her explaining, and paused to listen. 
    "We're going on a school trip to London for a few weeks; it's going to be super fun." Youngmin chirped cheerfully. 
    "Oh, that sounds nice. I should call your school and see if there are any forms I need to sign—" Youngjae started. 
    "No! No, it's okay. We got Yongguk to take care of it." Youngmin broke in. The lie rolled easily off her tongue but I still stiffened, creaking the stairs when I shifted a little. 
    "Oh, alright. Is Leo going too?" Youngjae asked. Silence followed it, the air growing heavy as Youngmin tried to think of a way to respond. 
    I didn't stay to listen, turning and running up the stairs to the bathroom. I showered quickly and pulled on dark wash jeans and a black t-shirt. I still had Magnus' wallet chained to my pants, and I unhooked it to transfer to the jeans I was wearing.   
    I pulled out a suitcase I found in the closet and folded clothes into it. Extra underwear, socks, three pairs of jeans, four t-shirts, two sweaters, and a rain jacket all fit easily. I grabbed a backpack and filled it with packages of trail mix and protein bars for the plane flight. I wasn't sure what the weather would be like when we got to London, so I packed a hoodie, a thick scarf, and some wool fingerless gloves into my backpack. Youngmin's old iPod, charger, and headphones were the last thing to go in, and I carried it downstairs to set by the front door. 
    Youngmin was in the shower and she would be able to pack her own clothes, so I settled on the couch for a nap. I was starving, but the thought of moving my mouth to eat was too daunting. I closed my eyes, drifting between sleeping and dozing, trying to rest up. 
I looked up when Youngjae walked into the room about an hour, feeling my love for him quadruple when I saw the mint milkshake he was holding out for me. 
      "You looked hungry and that looked nasty, so I made you this." Youngjae explained, gesturing out my swollen lip and settling in next to me. There was a straw stuck into the thick green slush, and I carefully slurped it with the right side of my mouth. 
    "You are the best, hyung!" I exclaimed, hurriedly drinking more. "Thank you!"
    "No problem." Youngjae said, flipping on the tv. He scanned through channels, finding a documentary and curling up with a blanket. 
    We both dozed for several hours, watching the documentary and talking with each other. Youngjae patted my shoulder gently, apologizing for my loss of Leo, and I shrugged him off. 
    "It's fine." I said, my eyes fixed on the tv in front of me. 
    "It's really not." Youngjae said gently, his fingers curling down to squeeze my hand once. My jaw clenched and I swallowed hurriedly around the lump in my throat, forcing myself to remain still. 
    "You know I'm here if you want to talk about—" Youngjae started, but I broke in. 
    "I don't." I interrupted. A few seconds of silence stretched out, and I cleared my throat. "Want to talk about it. I don't want to."
    "Fair enough." Youngjae said, turning back to the tv and sighing almost silently. Youngmin lugged a heavy suitcase down the stairs at that moment, and I stood to help her. 
    I carried the suitcase to the front door, picking up my own and pulling a beanie down over my head. Youngmin kissed her brother's cheek, hugging him goodbye and turning to stand with me. 
    "See you, hyung." I said, waving at Youngjae. He waved back and I opened the door, guiding Youngmin to the front gate. 
    A sleek black car was waiting for us, and Magnus rolled down the driver's side window. 
    "Put your stuff in the back; I'm giving you a ride." Magnus commanded, his jeweled fingers catching the light when he drummed them on the steering wheel. 
    "Thanks." I said, opening the trunk to put our bags in it. I scooted next to Youngmin in the back seat, closing the door firmly and buckling my seat belt. 
    "No problem." Magnus said, rolling up his window and pulling away from the gate. We drove in silence for a few minutes, Youngmin running her hands over the rich red leather of the seats. The car smelled of burnt sugar and sandalwood, a scent I had grown to associate with Magnus, and the air carried a faint imprint of hair gel and metal. 
    "I've got some friends I called to meet you at the airport. They'll drive you from London to Manchester, and they'll stay with you." Magnus said.
    "Thank you so much for all your help." Youngmin said, smiling gratefully at the back of Magnus' head. His eyes found mine in the mirror and held them, and he nodded almost imperceptibly at me. 
    "They might look a little scary, but they're good people. I've known them all for many years." Magnus said, waving off Youngmin's words with an elegant hand.   
    "Are they warlocks too?" Youngmin asked. Magnus chuckled, shaking his head, making the earrings dangling from his ear swing. 
    "No. They're human." Magnus said. "Well, mostly human."
    The large structure of the airport rose up in front of us, and Magnus made his way through the drop-off area. 
    "How will we recognize them?" I asked. Magnus pulled to a stop so we could get out, and he turned to look back at us. 
    "I promise, you won't be able to miss them." Magnus said. "Now, be safe. I'll be waiting to hear how everything goes."
    "Thank you, Magnus." Youngmin said, opening the door to get out. Magnus waved at her, and fixed me with an intense stare.
    "You keep her safe." Magnus ordered me quietly, his green-gold eyes shining from underneath the layers of kohl them.   
    "I will." I promised. I got out of the car, opening the trunk to sling my backpack on and grab the two suitcases. 
    "Let's go." Youngmin encouraged, pulling out the tickets. I followed her, checking in and dropping our suitcase

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter