Darkling

Lost Demon
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

RAVI'S POV

    "Hyung, you smell...human."
    I took my hands away from Leo's shoulders after I was sure he was steady, and leaned in to take a deeper whiff of his scent. What I smelled confused me. 
    The dark slightly bitter musk of before was replaced by a sweeter scent that was human. I frowned, smelling an unpleasant undercurrent, one that reminded me of must and rot. The smell was familiar in a disgusting way, and I tried to figure out where I had smelled it before. The undercurrent got stronger until his scent was a mix of flowers and old blood, and I wrinkled my nose. 
    "Okay, not exactly human. But pretty damn close." I amended, looking from Leo to Youngmin's shocked faces. 
    "What are you talking about? What happened?" Leo asked, relaxing back against the bed with an exhausted sigh. 
    "What can you remember?" Youngmin asked. Leo frowned, biting his lip and toying with the ring absentmindedly. 
    "Nothing. Wait, I remember...you? And—ow." Leo broke off, reaching up to touch his shoulder carefully. 
    "Are you in pain?" I asked, stepping forward worriedly. Leo shook his head, withdrawing his hand and sighing. 
    "Who healed me? Where are we?" Leo asked. 
    "I met a friend. His name is Magnus, he healed you." I said. Magnus' cat jumped up on the bed at that moment, Leo's eyes widening. 
    "And he has a cat!" Leo exclaimed happily, reaching his hands out and smiling when the cat curled up on his chest. 
    "Yes. I think its name is Chairman Meow, but I don't know..." I said, watching him stare fixedly at the cat while petting it gently. 
    "The Chairman likes you." Magnus intoned from the doorway, walking in slowly and bowing to Leo. 
    "You must be Magnus." Leo said, his hand ruffling Meow's ears gently. Magnus nodded and Leo managed a half smile. 
    "Thank you for helping me." Leo murmured. Magnus nodded, holding out a full glass of water and a big chunk of meat on a plate. 
    "Have some more protein than usual, it'll help you recover." Magnus advised, setting the plate on Leo's lap and handing him the glass of water. 
    "Thanks." Leo repeated, gulping down the water and then beginning to eat hungrily. I hung back, still confused and unsettled by his change. 
    "Ravi, can you go refill this?" Youngmin asked, holding out the empty glass. I nodded, taking it and walking to the kitchen sink. 
    I filled the glass and frowned, watching the water bubble up and then over the top and across my hand. If Leo had just been human, he wouldn't smell like that. There was something wrong with him, but no one else could see it. 
    I finally pushed away from the sink and walked into the bedroom, handing the glass back to Youngmin. My hands were shaking and the wet glass slipped right through my fingers, falling slowly towards the floor. I watched it shatter in slow motion, the water exploding out a second before the sound reached my ears. I stared emptily at the glass, bending down to pick up a shard of glass and yank my hand back when it cut me. 
    "Are you okay?" Youngmin asked, taking my hand. I finally pulled my gaze away from the shattered glass on the floor, nodding at her blankly. 
    "Your hands are shaking really bad." Youngmin pointed out, wrapping her fingers around my hand. I nodded, feeling the familiar ache of needing to smoke. 
    "I need some air." I mumbled, pulling my hands away and walking towards the doorway. Leo watched concernedly and I held my breath as I passed him, stuffing my hands inside my pockets. 
    "How long will you be gone?" Youngmin called when I reached the front door. I didn't answer, stepping outside and closing it behind me. 
    I took a deep breath of cold night air, half of me wanting to go back for my shoes and the other half just wanting to walk. I started walking down the street, the cold cement scraping slightly against my bare feet. After I was far enough away from the house, I dug through my pockets and pulled out a pack. It was empty, and I finally found a pack that still had a few cigarettes in it. 
    I lit one quickly and sat down on the curbside, taking a long drag and watching my hands begin to stop shaking. I finished my cigarette and then laid back on the wet sidewalk, sighing as I looked up at the stars. I was worried about Leo, and I was between wanting to stay here and pretend nothing was wrong or going home and dealing with my problems. 
    I stayed on the sidewalk for a long time, long enough for my joints to stiffen painfully and make me groan when I finally stood. I walked slowly back home, pausing when I saw two men standing on Magnus' front steps. 
    Their backs were to me, but the wind changed and blew their scent back in my face. The same scent that had been hanging around Leo. I pressed my hand over my nose and walked closer, shrugging off my jacket. 
    "Who are you?" I called, stopping at the bottom of the steps and clenching my fists. They both slowly turned, and I recognized Minwoo immediately. 
    I also recognized the vampire standing next to him, the one I had fought with in the Devil's Den. Raphael. I growled immediately and Raphael smirked, shaking his head at me. 
    "Did you finally find that girl of yours, or did she get smart and leave you for good?" Raphael scoffed. 
    I roared and jumped forward, leaping up the steps and locking my hands around his throat. Raphael caught me, both of us slamming into the front door and rebounding off. I fell and Raphael splayed on top of me, hissing down at me furiously. 
    I shoved him off and scrambled to straddle his hips, punching him in the face before Minwoo pulled me off. I clawed blindly towards Minwoo and caught his cheek, an ugly gash appearing on his face. He let me go and cried out, jerking back with his hands pressed to his cheek. Some part of me felt regret for hurting him, but a bigger part was encouraging me to rip Raphael's face off. 
    I jumped towards Raphael again and we tumbled along the porch, the stone beneath us tearing at my skin and clothes. His fingers locked around my throat and I choked, trying to roll away from him. He held on tight and I thrashed against him, my claws scoring down his torso frantically. He grunted and let go, his hand pressed tightly to his side. 
    I in a large breath of air, trying to keep from blacking out as my chest heaved. I tried to stand and stumbled, sprawling into Raphael and knocking him down. He recovered quicker, holding the back of my neck with one hand and using it to guide my chest into his kicks. The breath was knocked out of me and his knee slammed into my ribs again, a loud crunch echoing around the porch. 
    I gasped and fell back, scrambling towards the front door. If I didn't get away from him, Raphael was going to kill me. I reached the door knob and almost turned it when Raphael grabbed my ankle and dragged me back towards him. 
    His hands locked around my shoulders and he threw me into the side of the house, an evil smirk tugging at his lips when I looked up at him limply. He picked me up and threw me again, toy

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter