Basement

Lost Demon
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

RAVI'S POV

    "Come on, Jiyong, hang in there." I muttered, looking down at his pale face. I got no response, pushing farther through the forest. The leaves were treacherous, weighing me down and hiding tree roots and rocks I tripped over. A warm tingle spread down my side and I paused, looking down at my tattoo. 
    "Why are you just standing there? Give him to me." I looked up for the deep voice next to me, crouching away and hunching protectively over Jiyong. 
    "Calm down, it's just me." I sighed in relief when I saw Tabi. He reached out, taking Jiyong from me and looking down at him. 
    "What the hell happened here?" Tabi asked. 
    "Hunters." I said. Tabi nodded, looking at the hole in Jiyong's chest worriedly. 
    "This needs help." Tabi said calmly. I nodded and he turned, motioning for me to follow him. Tabi took off at a run, his lean form slipping through the trees as I struggled to keep up. 
    "We're going to Youngmin's...can you make it?" Tabi called back. I nodded, panting as I got farther and farther behind him. 
    Soon his form was just a silhouette, dashing through the trees ahead of me. I blinked, wiping my sweaty forehead with the back of my wrist and pitching forward. My ankle had hooked around a tree root and I twisted it when I fell, reaching back to wrap my hand around it. I was too exhausted to get up, lying on my stomach and pulling in deep gulps of air. 
    Dried leaves pressed against my cheek, the musty scent of dirt and rot filling my nose as I closed my eyes. A cold breeze filtered through the forest, brushing over my sweat-soaked skin and cooling me off. I sighed, sinking further into the leaves and feeling my breathing change as I fell asleep. 
    "Ravi? Dammit, Ravi, wake up!" I moaned when someone shook my shoulder, feeling him haul me up and drape me around his shoulders. 
    "Yongguk?" I mumbled softly. 
    "No, it's Daesung." I hummed softly, closing my eyes and feeling my head bounce softly against his back as I fell back asleep. 

    "Ravi, we need you to wake up." I batted at the person shaking my shoulder, rolling over and pulling a blanket up higher to my chin. 
    "Ravi, don't make me do this." I groaned, burrowing back into the blanket. 
    "Alright, you brought this on yourself." I sat up with a shriek when a bucket full of ice cold water poured over my head. My mouth dropped open in shock and I looked over furiously at Hakyeon. 
    "What are you doing here?" I growled, looking around Youngmin's living room. I lunged forward, making Hakyeon shriek and leap back. Daesung caught me around the waist and plunked me back down on the couch, shaking his head at me. 
    "Hakyeon and Hongbin were just coming over to talk to Youngmin when we arrived." Daesung said. 
    "And we were just leaving now." Hakyeon said, turning towards the doorway. "We can see you guys are all quite tired as it is."
    "Come back later." Daesung said, forcing a smile and all but shoving Hakyeon and Hongbin out the door. 
    "Say hi to noona for me!" Hongbin called before the door closed. 
    "My god, I thought they were never going to leave." Daesung said, turning back to me. "Guys, bring him out!" 
    I watched as Taeyang and Yongguk walked out of the hall closet, carrying Jiyong between them. They set him down on the couch and I stood up shakily from the armchair I had been sitting in. 
    "Daehyun's on his way; he's bringing Ken." Yongguk said, slipping his phone into his pocket. He reached out, lying his hand on Jiyong's forehead and pulling his hand back with a curse. 
    "He's burning up. Taeyang, can you get a cool cloth?" Yongguk asked. 
    "I can do better." Taeyang said, picking up Jiyong and walking towards the upstairs bathroom. I turned to help, but Daesung stopped me with a hand on my shoulder. 
    "You just need to stop and rest. You've had a long night." Daesung said sternly, pushing me down into my chair. 
    "But I should help—"
    "Rest until Daehyun and Ken get here. Then you can help." Daesung said. I nodded, wandering into the kitchen to pull out a bag of chips. 
    "Hey, is Youngmin in her room?" I stopped Yongguk, looking at him questioningly. Yongguk paused, biting his lips and taking a deep breath. 
    "No. Youngmin isn't actually in the house at all." Yongguk said quietly. 
    "Then where is she? At your house? At Tablo's?" I asked. 
    "No." Yongguk said. 
    "Then where is she?!" I grabbed his collar, pulling him down closer to me. 
    "We don't know." Yongguk admitted quietly. 
    "What the hell do you mean, 'you don't know'?!" I yelled. Yongguk pulled me off him, pushing me against a wall to keep me from shuddering. 
    "Calm down, Ravi! We're going to find her, I promise." Yongguk said, keeping his forearm against my neck. 
    "You lost her?!" I yelled. I narrowed my eyes, drawing back my fist and letting it fly just past Yongguk's head. 
    "Stop it! We're going to find her; are you going to help or not?!" Yongguk caught my hand, slamming it back into the wall. He twisted it, making me wince when I felt my wrist snap. 
    Yongguk let go, standing back and watching me clutch my hand. I popped my wrist back in place, feeling it start to heal as I looked up at Yongguk. I closed my eyes, my head clearing, and nodded. 
    "What do I need to do?" I asked quietly, looking up at Yongguk. He nodded, patting my shoulder and pulling me into the living room. 
    "Daehyun and Ken will be here to help Jiyong in a few minutes. Tablo and Jay are coming to help us decide where to send the pack to help. Just be there to help us, and try to keep it under control." Yongguk said. I nodded, following him to the living room and sitting down tensely in the armchair. 
    I closed my eyes, reaching out for my link with Leo. I sighed frustratedly, holding my head in my hands and and closing my eyes tighter. 
    "Come on, come on, come on..." I muttered, tapping my foot against the ground. "Leo, where are you?"
    Our link wasn't there. I sighed, shaking my head and switching over Youngmin. 
    "I know you're mad at me; you didn't have to shut off our link." I muttered, feeling a flash of annoyance towards Leo. 
    "Alright, Youngmin, where are you?" I asked. I found her link, grabbing onto it and trying to see where she was. 
    All I could sense from her was a fuzzy blackness. I bit my lip in frustration, running my hands through my hair and opening my eyes. Daehyun and Ken walked through the front door, bustling in and meeting with Yongguk quietly. 
    "Chii's on her way." Ken said softly. Yongguk nodded, leading them upstairs. I stayed in my chair, still trying to contact Youngmin. 
    I felt a small thread of warmth spreading through me and embraced it, joining with the link and hoping it was Youngmin. I frowned when the link was unfamiliar, and clapped my hands over my ears when a dozen voices started pounding through my head. I shook my head, trying to get rid of them and frowning when images started flashing through my head too fast to see. 
    'Ravi, calm down.' One voice rose above the rest, the others fading into a small murmur in the background. 
    "Yongguk?" I said out loud. 
    'It's just me.' Yongguk said. 'Your link with the pack is working now.'
    'Is that why I hear all the voices?' I asked. 
    'Don't worry, you'll get used to them. For now, I'll help you deal with them.' Yongguk fell silent, the rest of the buzzing voices gradually disappearing until I let my hands drop from my ears. 
    'It's just the two of us now.' Yongguk spoke softly. I nodded, looking up when the front door opened. 
    'Jay and Tablo are here.' I said. Yongguk hummed and I heard him start to walk down the stairs, walking over to the door. 
    Jay and Tablo strode i

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter