Hope

Lost Demon
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

YOUNGMIN'S POV

    I leaned into Ravi's side, watching swirls of blue sparks and gold flames skim over Iri's flesh. His eyes were closed and I looked at his face, thinking him awfully young for this. 
    "Can I help?" I asked, stepping forward to kneel opposite Magnus and Luc. I stretched my hand out, shivering a little when one of the flames brushed over my hand with a feeling like a tiny electric shock.
    "Don't touch him!" Luc snapped, still focused intently on Iri. I flinched, hurt making my eyes prickle with tears, and Kris stepped forward. 
    "Don't speak to her like that!" Kris snapped. Magnus looked up, his gold-green eyes sparking with annoyance, and glared between Luc and Kris. 
    "Hush, both of you. This is hard enough as it is." Magnus ordered. When Kris stepped back obediently and Luc turned back to Iri, Magnus met my eyes. "There is too much venom in him for it to be safe for you to help." 
    "Venom?" I said, realizing Luc's harshness was his clumsy attempt to protect me. Magnus nodded, dropping his head and ignoring me afterwards. 
    I sat back on my heels to watch the two of them work, wondering at how they themselves could withstand the venom. Kris holstered his gun and walked over to his duffel bag, rooting in it for something. I ignored him, focusing instead on watching the color come back into Iri's blood-covered face. 
    "Let's move him to one of the bedrooms." Magnus suggested quietly, looking over at Luc. He had one of Iri's wings gently in his hands, blue shimmering around the damaged tip of the wing. 
    "Good idea." Luc said, reaching down to swing Iri easily into his arms. The youngest warlock was slender and lean; I wouldn't be surprised if he weighed less than 50 kg.  
    I followed them, hanging back quietly while Luc set Iri down, careful to avoid hitting his head on the brass bars at the head of the bed. Magnus and Luc resumed their healing and I went quietly to the bathroom, filling a cup with water and picking up a clean washcloth. 
    Returning to the bedroom, I found Magnus and Luc looking wearily down at Luc. I set the cup down on the nightstand and bit my lip. 
    "Can I touch him now?" I asked, looking up at Magnus. Magnus nodded and I dipped the cloth into the warm water, reaching out as gently as I could to wipe some of the blood from Iri's neck. 
    Magnus and Luc quickly caught on, retrieving more cups and cloths from the bathroom, sponging off Iri's arms and chest. The deep scratches in his side had faded into long ugly cuts, half-closed and surrounded with pink new skin. The bite on his shoulder was also surrounded with fresh scarring, the exposed flesh of the wound red. 
    Before I got a chance to really question Magnus and Luc's healing abilities, I realized all the bruising was gone from Iri's body. The only wounds remaining had been caused by demons, and I guess it made sense that they would heal slower. 
    "Here." Magnus said quietly, snapping his fingers with a small shower of sparks. Iri's ruined shirt disappeared before a new loose tank top appeared in its place. Magnus nodded to himself in satisfaction and twitched one finger, the blankets of the bed following his finger to coil around Iri's waist. 
    "Thank you." Luc repeated, looking down at Iri. Magnus nodded, turning to leave and forced to stay when Kris walked through the doorway. 
    Kris stopped next to Iri's head, pulling two pairs of thick handcuffs from his belt and snapping one to Iri's wrist. He connected the other side to one of the brass bars on the bed, forcing Iri's arm up over his head in a way that made the bite on his shoulder seep out a trickle of red. 
    "What the hell are you doing?" Luc hissed, quickly striding over to Kris. Kris yanked Iri's other arm up and tightened the cuffs, red lines already appearing on Iri's pale skin. 
    Kris ducked under a punch Luc swung at his head, pushing Luc back with a rough shove to his chest. 
    "Get those cuffs off of him!" Luc snapped. I stepped forward to try to calm them both down but Magnus swept me behind him with a long arm, motioning with his eyes to the flames pouring from Luc's palms. 
    "He's a threat!" Kris snapped back, his eyes flickering red and reflecting Luc's flames. Luc's jaw set angrily and I could see Luhan and Xiumin standing in the doorway with wide eyes. 
    "Look at him! He's not dangerous!" Luc said, gesturing wildly towards Iri and almost setting a pile of clothes on top of the dresser on fire. His wings beat the air violently, stirring gusts that whipped the hem of my shirt around. 
    "A few hours ago, he was working against us! You might trust him, but I'm not that stupid." Kris said, crossing his arms firmly. 
    "He's harmless!" Luc exclaimed. Kris' own jaw set and his arms tightened, his eyes leaving no room for argument. 
    "Either he's here with restraints, or out on the street." Kris said firmly. Luc met Kris' eyes and they both attempted to stare each other down for a minute, the tension in the room making the hairs on the back of my neck prickle up. Magnus' palm was resting on my side, keeping me behind him, and blue sparks tingled pleasantly over my skin. 
    Luc finally sighed, his shoulders slouching slightly and his wings stilling. He raised his head and gave Kris a much softer look, pleading in the subtle curve of his mouth. 
    "He's my little brother." Luc said quietly. Kris nodded, his jaw relaxing and his hands falling to his sides. 
    "That's why I gave you a choice." Kris said. He looked towards the cuffs, a touch of regret in his eyes when he saw the red abrasions on Iri's skin and the fresh blood on his shoulder. "I can loosen the cuffs, but they're the only restraints I have."
    "Oh, for god's sake." Magnus huffed, snapping his fingers. The harsh metal cuffs appeared in Kris' belt, padded leather ties coiling around Iri's wrists and leaving enough slack for Iri to bend his elbows and relax his shoulders. 
    "Thanks, Magnus." Kris said quietly. Luc repeated him and Magnus rolled his eyes, crossing his arms. 
    "Where did you get those?" Luc asked, surveying the sturdy ties. 
    "My apartment." Magnus said, running one ring-studded hand through his hair. Sparks from his fingers remained in his black locks, shimmering faintly and mixing with the glitter already there. 
    "You and Alec are into some ..." Tao remarked from the doorway. Magnus spun towards him with a huff, snapping his fingers and sending Tao flying away from the door. Magnus rolled his eyes

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter