Fight

Lost Demon
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

RAVI'S POV

    A bolt of pain through my head made me close my eyes tightly as soon as I opened them. I moaned slowly, feeling my pulse throb in my head. My stomach churned and I swallowed, opening my eyes hesitantly. 
    "You look pretty awful." Yongguk said softly, looking at me concernedly. I groaned and covered my ears with my hands, feeling pain swell behind my eyes. 
    "What did you give me?" I rasped, clearing my dry throat. Yongguk gave me a sympathetic look, standing up. 
    "Vodka." Yongguk said, drumming his fingers on the table in front of us. I looked around for the first time, wondering where I was. 
    "You want a drink? I thought a shower would feel nice, so I brought you up here." Yongguk said, holding out a bottle of water. I nodded, recognizing his kitchen and standing up slowly. 
    I stumbled a little and Yongguk caught me, looking down at me worriedly. I straightened up, taking a sip of water and letting him lead me to the bathroom. 
    "Be careful." Yongguk said, looking at me before turning to go. He shut the door and I locked it, stripping and stepping under the pounding water. 
    I sighed softly as the water slammed into my shoulders, the steam helping ease the ache in my head. I stood still for a few minutes, enjoying the peace. 
     'Miss me?' Mistress asked. 
    'I'll call Yongguk in here.' I threatened resolutely, massaging my temples. 
    'Ooh I'm so scared I'm shaking.' Mistress hissed sarcastically. 
    'You bet you are.' I shot back. I could feel the doubt from her, and she swirled away in a huff. 
    I sighed, taking my time in the shower and finally getting out. I wrapped a towel around my waist, looking down at the counter. I popped a brand new toothbrush out of its wrapping and mentally thanked Yongguk, brushing my teeth and putting on a neat pile of clothes I found on the floor.
    I stepped out of the bathroom after, rubbing my hair with the towel to finish drying it, and froze in my tracks when I reached the kitchen. The towel dropped on the floor, forgotten, and my eyes widened when I locked gazes with her. 
    "Youngmin." I breathed. She looked back at me with surprise, stepping forward. 
    "Ravi? What are you doing—"
    "Don't go in there!" Yongguk skidded into the kitchen, rushing in after Youngmin. 
    "What is going on here?!" Youngmin asked. She turned to me angrily, her eyes narrowing. 
    "You hid from me at Yongguk's house?!" Youngmin yelled. I took a deep breath, drawing myself up and glaring down at her. 
    "Yeah, I did. So what?" I snapped back. A flash of hurt crossed her eyes before Youngmin's temper flared up. 
    "Why would you do that?" Youngmin asked, hissing out the words. I shrugged, leaning back against the wall nonchalantly. 
    "I didn't want to live with someone boring like you anymore. So I found someplace better." I said. 
    "Boring?!" Youngmin sputtered. 
    "Yeah, boring. Boring, nagging, stupid, annoying...you." I said. I narrowed my eyes, slouching forward to lean over her. 
    "You're not really wanted here, so why don't you go somewhere else?" I suggested lightly. 
    Youngmin's palm flashed over my cheek hard enough to turn my head. I scrunched my nose and turned back to her, a low growl rippling from my chest. Tears swum in her eyes, a single drop racing down her cheek as she glared up at me. 
    "You bastard." Youngmin hissed up at me. "After everything I did for you."
    "What? Bake me little cookies and bring me in out of the rain? Like some stray dog you felt sorry for?" I scoffed out a laugh, shaking my head at her. "Big help."
    "I hate you." Youngmin's voice shook with anger and sadness, and she shoved me back. "I'll never speak to you again!" 
    "You promise?" I asked, fake-happiness forced into my voice. I looked down, grasping the bracelet around my wrist and tearing it off. I tossed it at her but she let it fall to the ground. 
    "Not like I need that anymore." I said. She spun away from me, running out of the house and slamming the door behind her. 
    "That never works." Yongguk said quietly, wiping up the counter awkwardly. I slumped into a chair exhaustedly, burying my head in my hands. 
    "I tried that too when I was your age. It doesn't work." Yongguk said, patting my shoulder. I looked up at him, shaking my head. 
    "I'd rather she hate me than get hurt by me." I said. Yongguk nodded understandingly, but he met my eyes. 
    "Did you ever consider now she hates you...and you hurt her too?" Yongguk said gently. I looked over at him, my eyes widening. 
    "I need to find her!" I jumped up, scooping the bracelet up from the floor. I mended the bracelet with a flash of my fingers, slipping it back on, only to be stopped by Yongguk. 
    "Give her a few hours to cool off. Youngmin isn't going to want to see you for a little while, and you don't want to make it worse. Just stay with me, okay?" Yongguk said, his hand on my shoulder. 
    "Fine." I said, sitting down anxiously and tapping my fingers against the table. Yongguk and I sat there awkwardly for a few minutes before Yongguk jumped to his feet. 
    "Oh for god's sake, let's at least go out and get some dinner. I can't take just sitting here for two hours!" Yongguk exclaimed. I jumped up gratefully, grabbing an extra jacket and throwing it on. 
    "Come on." I said. Yongguk nodded, leading me out and locking the door. 
    We strode through the light rain quietly. Both of us were content to enjoy the spray of mist on our faces, and I enjoyed being inside my own head. My headache had disappeared, and Yongguk led me to a small restaurant and bar. 
    We sat down at a table, taking off our jackets and ordering a hamburger each. When we had both scarfed down our meals, Yongguk and I relaxed back and started talking. I stuck with water and Yongguk sipped a beer, seemingly unaffected by alcohol. 
    "I'll be right back." I said. Yongguk nodded and I stood, walking to the restroom. I washed my hands and looked down at the black bracelet on my wrist, closing my eyes briefly and resting my forehead against the mirror in front of me. 
    'She's probably already with another guy.' Mistress spoke up. A bolt of anger shot through me at the thought of Youngmin with another man, and I shoved it away. 
    'She's not like that.' I said. Mistress hummed disapprovingly, vanishing as I sighed. I walked out of the bathroom, traveling down the little hallway to the main room of the restaurant. 
    A giggling young woman weaved her way through the hall towards me, thoroughly drunk. She waved at me as she passed and I dropped my gaze. A sudden weight on my body made me stumble back into the wall as she fell on me. Her hands wrapped in the collar of my shirt, her dancing eyes fixing on mine. 
    "Oops, sorry!" She giggled and hiccuped loudly, pulling me down to her. I tried to back away but her grip was like iron. 
    Her distinctly sober eyes looked up at mine warningly as her red lips curved up to my ear. 
    "Don't move. Pretend I just fell on you by accident, but listen closely." She hissed in my ear, still smiling goofily. 
    "That man you're sitting with? He just slipped something in your water." She smiled at me, patting my cheek and swinging away. 
    "Just thought you'd want to kno

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter