Sniffles

Lost Demon
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

YOUNGMIN'S POV

    I pushed myself to my feet and ran to the railing. The wind and rain assaulted my face as I struggled to see, breathing a sigh of relief when I saw Leo. He had Ravi by the back of his shirt with one hand, using the other to hang on to the side of the building. He started to slip and winced, fighting to keep his grip. 
    "Leo!" I shouted. He looked up, biting his lip and frowning as he struggled to hold on. He slid down a few feet and clung to another brick frantically. Ravi swung limply below him, looking up with wide eyes. 
    "I can't!" Leo yelled up to me, slipping more. His arm scraped against the bricks, blood starting to trickle down his skin. 
    Pounding footsteps behind me made me turn just as Donghyun sped past me and launched himself over the railing. The vampire clung to the wall easily, turning to loop an arm around Ravi's waist and toss him up towards me. I locked my hands in the collar of Ravi's shirt and his hands grasped the railing, dragging him over to me. Ravi rolled down at my feet and lay on the ground panting, his eyes closed as he struggled to catch his breath. 
    I looked back over the edge, watching Donghyun climb closer to Leo. He grabbed Leo and dropped straight down, making me gasp. They hit the ground and rolled, Donghyun pulling an unscathed Leo to his feet. I screamed when hands locked around my waist, yanking me over the edge of the building and towards the ground. The air rushed through my ears, the ground getting closer and closer while the man behind me shifted so I was cradled in his arms. 
    The vampire holding me landed on his feet, setting me down on the ground gently. I swayed a little and he steadied me, another vampire dropping down with Ravi. I looked around and covered my mouth when I saw Yongguk, flat on his back. 
    His arms were by his sides and a pool of blood spread from underneath him, his chest absolutely still. I swayed again and Ravi caught me, Donghyun looking around with wide eyes. 
    "What happened?" Donghyun asked. Leo ignored him, walking to Yongguk and kneeling by his side, feeling his neck. 
    "How did you know to come?" I asked, trying to catch my breath as I looked at Yongguk's relaxed face and closed eyes. 
    "We heard you scream. I'm Kwangmin." The vampire who had taken me to the ground spoke up, bowing to me quickly. 
    "His heart's still beating." Leo announced, a flash of hope crossing his face. "Donghyun, could you give him your blood like you did with me?"
    "I can try." Donghyun said determinedly, striding forward to kneel by Yongguk. Leo shuffled back to give him room and I bit my lip, praying this would work. 
    Donghyun leaned forward, holding his wrist up his mouth and slicing a gash in his skin with his teeth. He cupped the back of Yongguk's neck and leaned forward, pressing his bleeding wrist to Yongguk's lips. Yongguk didn't move and Donghyun eased his mouth open gently, supporting his head on his knee. The blood dripped into Yongguk's mouth slowly and I looked away, feeling slightly nauseous. 
    Donhyun held his wrist to Yongguk's mouth until his skin healed and he eased Yongguk's head back down. Yongguk swallowed once before his mouth fell open and the blood ran back out down his cheek. I waited anxiously, Ravi's arms holding me close to his chest, and Kwangmin stepped forward. 
    "His heart stopped." Kwangmin said to Donghyun quietly. Donghyun nodded and the third vampire spoke up. 
    "Turn him." He said quietly, looking from Donghyun to Kwangmin. 
    "Are you insane, Jeongmin?" Donghyun hissed. "It could kill him, and we don't know if he wants it to be done!"
    "He's going to die anyway." Jeongmin said. "And if he's unhappy, we can just kill him."
    "What are you talking about?" Ravi asked sharply, stepping towards Yongguk protectively. 
    "Changing Yongguk into a vampire. It would save him for now." Kwangmin said. Ravi frowned, and I jumped forward. 
    "Do it." I said. "If it'll save him, do it." 
    "Youngmin, are you sure?" Leo asked, looking over at me. I nodded, taking a deep breath and sighing. 
    "I refuse to lose him like this." My voice shook and I swallowed, clearing my throat. "Please do it."
    "Okay." Donghyun said quietly. He leaned in, his lips brushing Yongguk's neck carefully at first before he bit down. 
    Yongguk stiffened slightly and Donhyun bit down his neck slowly. When he pulled back, four crescent shaped bites adorned Yongguk's skin, oozing blood slowly. I shivered in the rain and Ravi wrapped his arms around me carefully, pulling me back towards him. 
    "Ugh." Donghyun muttered, pulling a face and spitting to the side. "Tastes weird." 
    "Come on, we need to get out of the rain." Kwangmin said, walking towards Yongguk. He bent down, picking him up gently and letting Donghyun lead the way. 
    "Come on." Jeongmin said, his mouth quirking in a small half-smile as he beckoned me towards him. Leo and Ravi accompanied me as we walked quickly through the rain. 
    We stopped in front of giant one-story with a fence around it, Jeongmin holding the gate for us. I walked after Jeongmin, thanking him quietly when he held the large front door for me. I slipped off my soaking wet shoes and Jeongmin took my jacket, beckoning for the three of us to follow them. 
    We walked into a spare bedroom, Kwangmin lying Yongguk down carefully and shifting back so Donghyun could stand by him. Donghyun peered carefully at Yongguk's neck, checking the blood coming from the wound on the back of his head. The blood had started to slow and Donhyun nodded to himself in approval. 
    "What's going on?" I turned, looking at Hyunseong standing in the doorway. His fangs were out and he inhaled slightly, his eyes flickering as he saw Yongguk covered in blood. 
    "Hyunseong, you're always hungry." Kwangmin muttered scoldingly. 
    "I was just curious!" Hyunseong said, his teeth sliding back when he saw the bites on Yongguk's neck. 
    "You eat more than anyone and you're still always hungry!" Jeongmin said, raising his eyebrows. 
    "Oh, shut up." Hyunseong muttered, turning and flouncing away down the hall. Donghyun regarded Yongguk carefully, looking him over and nodding again in satisfaction. 
    "He'll be done turning in about two days. Come back then." Donghyun said, turning towards Ravi and Leo. 
    "What? If you think we're just going to leave him here, then you're—" I started, stepping towards Yongguk.
    "Then I'm adhering to the rules of my people." Donghyun cut me off, looking us all over gently. 
    "I understand you've all had a very stressful night. However, newborn vampires are dangerous and unpredictable. I simply cannot condone you all being here when he wakes up." Donghyun said firmly. 
    "But—"
    "Donghyun's right." Jeongmin cut me off gently, looking down at me with a small nod. "This is what's best for Yongguk." 
    "Why should we trust you?" Ravi asked, looking at Donhyun evenly. It was simply a neutral question and Donghyun looked at Ravi appreciatively as he answered. 
    "We're just here to help. When Yongguk finishes turning, he will be part of our clan and under our protection." Donghyun said. 
    "We'll take care of him." Kwangmin cut in. 
    "Ravi, they helped me before." Leo said. "Their word is good."
    "Alright." Ravi sighed finally, turning to wrap his arm around my shoulders. "Come on." 
    I stepped forward, resting my hand on Yongguk's for a moment before sighing. He looked more like he was sleeping now, relaxed as the bites on his neck slowly healed. I nodded to myself, deciding to just accept this and move on, and turned to Donghyun. 
    "Thank you for your help." I said, bowing to him slightly. Donghyun smiled and bowed back, Kwangmin and Jeongmin following his lead. 
    "I'll send Minwoo to tell you when he wakes up." Donghyun said. I nodded, turning and sneezing suddenly. 
    "Come on, let's get you home and out of these wet clothes." Ravi murmured in my ear, wrapping his arm around my shoulders. I shivered and nodded, following Leo and Jeongmin to the front door. 
     "Take my car." Jeongmin said generously as we reached the front door. I started to shake my head and broke off in a coughing fit, Ravi grasping my shoulders with a concerned look. 
    "Thank you, Jeongmin-ssi." Leo said, giving me a worried look as he took the keys from Jeongmin's hand and beeping the car. 
    My eyes widened as I stared at the sleek black luxury car in front of us. Leo started walking towards it and I stopped him, shaking my head. 
    "Leo..." I started. 
    "Yeah?" Leo asked, looking at me innocently. 
    "You can't drive." I pointed out. 
    "Damn. I forgot about that." Leo muttered, starting to hand the keys back to Jeongmin. The

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter