La Tremoille

Lost Demon
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

YOUNGMIN'S POV

    "So, how did you find Jungkook?" I asked, pulling out slices of bread and putting a chunk of butter in the pan on the stove.    
    Xiumin rifled through the refrigerator, grabbing a package of cheese and a large knife. He twirled the knife once between his fingers, biting his lip in thought, then shook his head. 
    "He was just waiting for us by the side of the road a few miles away." Xiumin murmured, his wrist moving fluidly as he cut slices off the block of cheese. 
    "He didn't try to run?" I asked, turning on the stove and watching the butter slide around the pan. 
    "No. He was just...waiting." Xiumin said, a perplexed crease forming between his eyes. I could see he was spooked, and decided to let it go. 
    "So...does Tao torture people often?" I asked, saying the first words to pop into my head. Xiumin chuckled, forming a sandwich quickly and then setting it down in the hot pan. 
    "Nah. Sometimes Kris does it." Xiumin said, grasping the edge of the sandwich carefully and flipping it. 
    "Great." I said quietly, grabbing oranges from the fridge and a juicer. Xiumin and I worked in silence, almost done with lunch with Chen came into the kitchen and started rifling through the shelves. 
    He left a few seconds before Ravi came in, and he looked upset. I pushed a plate of food at him and frowned, sliding a glass of juice over the counter. 
    "Are you okay?" I asked, looking at Ravi's pale face. He nodded, taking a hasty bite of sandwich and looking up when Tao walked into the kitchen. 
    Tao stopped by the sink, ripping a paper towel from the rack and wetting it under the faucet. I looked at the blood spattered across his cheek, trying to keep the surprise off my face when he coolly wiped the blood off and tossed the soiled paper in the trash. 
    "This for me?" Tao asked, smiling at Xiumin and gesturing to the plate of sandwiches. Xiumin nodded, reaching down an extra plate for Tao and handing him a grilled cheese sandwich. 
    "Thanks, bro." Tao grinned, bumping Xiumin's shoulder with his own and taking a bite of food. He sauntered out of the kitchen balancing more plates on his arms for the other men, and I shuddered softly. He was awfully nonchalant for just torturing someone. 
    "We're going to Paris." I turned at Ravi's voice, and found he had finished eating. I frowned in confusion and my head tilted to the side. 
    "What?" I asked. 
    "The catacombs, right?" Xiumin asked, stacking the dishes in the sink. 
    "Yeah...how'd you know?" Ravi asked. Xiumin only shrugged in reply, and I looked between the two of them. 
    "Why are we going to the catacombs?" I asked. 
    "Jungkook says Mistress is there. We're leaving today." Ravi said, standing up and beckoning for me to follow him. 
    I followed him through the living room, looking away when I saw Chen kneeling by the empty chair and scrubbing at a pool of blood. 
    We walked up the stairs and Ravi sat down on the bed he had used last night, gesturing for me to close the door. 
    "What's going on?" I asked, leaning against the wall. Ravi sighed, absentmindedly reaching out to smooth a wrinkle out of the sheets. 
    "I don't want you alone with any of them." Ravi said, raising his head to look at me. I frowned, but looked at the seriousness in his face and nodded. 
    "Okay." I said. "Any particular reason?"
    "There's something about them...I don't want you alone with them." Ravi started, then cut himself off. 
    "Alright." I said, crossing my arms. Ravi stood, kissing my cheek and opening the door. He walked down the hall and I stepped forward to make the bed. 
    I finished straightening up the room and walked downstairs, finding all the boys clustered around Luhan's computer screen. Kris was speaking, and he looked up when I walked into the room. 
    "Youngmin, come sit down. We're just going over the plans." Kris smiled. I settled next to Yixing and Ravi on the couch, and propped my chin on my fist. 
    "Our plane leaves in two hours. We'll arrive in Paris, and check into our hotel. We'll wait until dark to make sure all tourists are out of the catacombs, and we'll move in at 10:30 pm. Sound good?" Kris said, looking up. 
    "Sounds good." Luhan echoed and Ravi nodded. 
    "Make sure we've got everything. Let's go." Kris stood, disappearing upstairs with Tao and Chen in tow. 
    "Your bags are still in the car." Xiumin said, looking at Ravi and I. We nodded, and Xiumin also walked upstairs. 
    Luhan started packing up his laptop in an armored case, spinning the combination quickly and then stacking it by the door with cases the other boys started to bring down. 
    Within twenty minutes, all the boys were standing by the door with too many black and silver cases to count. Yixing and Kris were still walking stiffly but their bruises were fading, and they seemed almost ordinary in their street clothes. 
    We all piled into the escalade, squeezing in to fit with Luhan riding in the trunk area next to the bags. 
    The ride to the airport was quiet and Kris parked the escalade outside the no parking area, ditching the car to grab and check all the bags. We walked inside, waiting in the terminal for our plane to be called. 
    "Let's sit together." Ravi said, motioning from me to Luhan on his other side. Luhan nodded, not looking up from his phone, and Kris caught my attention. 
    "You got all the guns in safe?" Kris murmured. Chen nodded, and I frowned. 
    "How did you get weapons into the airport?" I whispered. Chen looked over at me with a knowing smirk, and wiggled his fingers in the universal sign for magic. 
    "Magic?" I asked. Kris rolled his eyes, smacking Chen slightly. 
    "Not magic. Glamour." Kris said. Before he got a chance to explain further, our plane was announced for boarding.
    Luhan and I had B class tickets, so we waited in line together. Ravi was stuck in C class, and I agreed to save him a seat until it was his turn to board. Luhan guided me inside the plane, and I sat down in the middle seat while Luhan took the aisle.
    I saved the window seat for Ravi, putting my bag in the luggage storage space, and Luhan immediately pulled out a pair of earbuds and went to sleep. People continued bustling through the aisle, putting up bags and finding seats, and I kept my eyes open for Ravi. 
    "Excuse me, Miss. Could I sit there?" I looked up, trying to find the source of the low purr. 
    "Oh, uh, okay." I said, captivated the man's smoldering amber eyes. A warm smile shone towards me, and he put his bag above our heads. 
    "Thank you so much. I'm Luc." he held his hand out and I shook it, my hand immediately enveloped in warmth. 
    "I'm Youngmin." I smiled. Luc climbed over Luhan and scooted past me, apologizing as he sat down. The sunlight from the window bathed his face in golden light, and his eyes seemed like living fire shone inside. 
    "Are you going to Paris?" Luc asked, his slight French accent showing itself in the purred edges of his words. 
    "Yes. It's my first time." I smiled. He nodded, settling in next to me and clasping his hands in his lap.    
    "I'm sure you will love the city." Luc said. I nodded, buckling my seatbelt and then leaning over and buckling Luhan's for him. 
    "Is he your boyfriend?" Luc asked, his voice mild and his eyes innocently curious. I laughed and shook my head, looking up when Ravi came through the aisle. 
    Ravi gave me a questioning look and I shrugged, giving him an apologetic smile. Ravi nodded, shrugging back and walking on with a suspicious glance at Luc.
    "No, he's just a friend." I said, turning back to Luc. Luc's eyes were on Ravi still, burning darkly as he watched Ravi get further away.
    "Then your boyfriend's in Paris?" Luc asked, his eyes returning to me. I laughed, shaking my head.    
    "What makes you so certain I have boyfriend?" I laughed, crossing my arms. Luc shook his head with a rough chuckle, a shy smile playing about his generous mouth.
    "The beautiful ones always do." Luc murmured. I reached out and smacked his shoulder, an action made difficult by the close quarters, and knew I was blushing. 
    "You're trying to flirt with me, and it's not going to work. I already have a boyfriend; you just saw him." I said firmly, leaning into Luhan.
    "Damn, after I put myself on the line and all that." Luc said, reaching up to run his fingers through his thick black hair. 
    "Sadly, I am taken." I said. "He's a great guy."
    "He seems great." Luc said sincerely, and I grew to like him. 
    "So, are you going to Paris for business or pleasure?" I asked, looking at his informal jeans and t-shirt. 
    "Hopefully both." Luc said, a teasing glint in his flame eyes. He crossed his legs at the ankles, drawing my attention to the stylish strapped black boots his jeans were tucked into. 
    "What's your job?" I asked. Luc hesitated for a few seconds, a small crease forming above his eyes, before he chuckled. 
    "I'm an artist. I draw and paint, here and there." Luc said smoothly, reaching into his black backpack to pull out an artist's sketchpad.   
    "That's so cool." I said, my eyes widening when he flipped open the book and offered it to me. I grasped it, his warm fingers flexing over mine for a brief second before he released the book.    
    I opened the first page, shocked to find a detailed sketch of a butterfly on the first page. The skill was undeniable, and I turned the page. The second drawing was a posterior view of a woman, ending at the small of her back. A pair of graceful wings stretched from her shoulders, the line of her spine shadowed with careful . 
    "Luc, these are really good." I murmured, turning the page. My eyes widened and I stared down at the sketch in front of me.  
    The drawing was of a man with

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter