Secret

Lost Demon
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

YOUNGMIN'S POV

    I peeled Ravi's soaked hoodie off over my head with shaking fingers, dropping the wet fabric onto the floor of the escalade. Xiumin was driving as fast as he could, the landscape outside whipping by too fast to see. Xiumin and Chen had lowered the back seats until they were flat, creating enough space to pile Kris, Yixing, Ravi, and I together in the joined trunk. 
    "We're almost there, Mistress Yoo." Chen said, turning around in the passenger seat to look at me. I nodded, clutching my thin soaked shirt to my shoulders in an attempt to get warm. 
    "The heat is turned all the way up, I'm sorry there isn't more I can do." Chen said apologetically, raking his fingers through his dripping hair. He must've been just as cold as I was, but he didn't show it. 
    "Don't worry about it." I murmured quietly through chattering teeth. Chen nodded, and Xiumin gave a soft cry of joy when the form of a large house appeared on the dark horizon. 
    "Just a few more minutes." Xiumin breathed, his thumbs tapping the wheel gently. My head throbbed and I reached up to touch my forehead, my fingers coming away stained with blood. I looked up and watched the house get closer, my eyes widening. 
    It was a classic English mansion, like something out of a history book. A large gate surrounded it, and several lights burned outside from the windows. Xiumin drove up the long paved driveway that was lined with trees, arriving at the gate and punching in a code. The gate swung open and Xiumin lurched forward, going through the circular driveway leading up the house and parking right in front of the grand front door. 
    "Everybody, out!" Xiumin said, unbuckling his seatbelt and killing the engine. Chen nodded, getting out and opening the back door for me. 
    Chen offered a hand and helped me climb out, closing the door gently for me. I waited while Xiumin opened the trunk and pulled Yixing out. Xiumin lifted Yixing easily into his arms, looking back to the house hopefully when the front door opened. 
    A tall man appeared in the doorway, his arms crossed as he walked down the steps warily. 
    "Tao! Come give us a hand with Kris!" Xiumin called. The man—Tao—immediately picked up pace, running to meet Xiumin and then brush past him. 
    Tao gathered Kris easily into his arms, looking down at Kris with a gasp and then up at Xiumin. 
    "What happened?" Tao asked. Xiumin waved him forward instead, beckoning for me to follow them inside after Chen picked up Ravi. 
    I sighed in relief when we walked inside the doorway, a wave of heat greeting me and pressing around my body. I pulled off my soaked shoes and socks, following the others as they reached a long hallway. 
    "They need hot baths to warm up, and then we can patch them up." Xiumin said quietly. Tao and Chen nodded in agreement, and I startled when another man walked into the hallway. 
    "Luhan! We need your help." Chen said, looking towards the man expectantly. Luhan looked like he had just woken up, clad in flannel pajama pants and a soft black t-shirt that had 'Blink If You Want Me' written across it in white. He squinted sleepily at Chen and then pulled a pair of glasses from his pocket, sliding them on and nodding. 
    "I'll help." Luhan said quietly. Xiumin nodded, handing Yixing to Luhan and straightening up. 
    "Chen, let's go get some dry clothes and then we'll go find whoever did this." Xiumin said, tapping Chen's arm. 
    "You're the boss." Chen said in agreement, setting Ravi down on the floor gently. They turned to go, jogging through the house to find clothes. 
    "Alright, what's the plan?" Luhan asked, looking expectantly at Tao. Tao bit his lip, looking carefully at the four of us who were shivering in the hallway. 
    "Hot baths. First-aid. Food. Sleep." Tao ticked off tasks curtly, keeping his sentences short and...not exactly sweet. 
    "Let's get to it." Luhan said. They turned and walked through a large door a little ways down the hall, disappearing for a few seconds. Tao came out a few minutes after to pick up Ravi gently, looking up at me as he straightened. 
    "You should go get a bath too. Upstairs, there's a really nice tub. You can borrow some of Xiumin's clothes, they should fit the best. Second door on the right." Tao said, his voice soft and respectful. 
    "Thank you." I said, turning to follow his directions. "Please be careful with Ravi."
    "I'll keep him safe, I promise." Tao answered, walking down the hallway to the downstairs bathroom. 
    I followed his directions, walking up the grand staircase and finding the bathroom. The bath tub could have easily passed for a swimming pool, and I the water slowly. The faucet squeaked slightly when I turned it, and I reached down to feel the steamy water wash over my shaking hands. When the water was almost too hot for me to bear, I plugged the tub and grabbed two fluffy towels from the counter. 
    I quickly jogged to the hallway, going through the second door I found and discovering a neatly packed suitcase open on the bed. The bag had 'Xiumin' embroidered on the top and I carefully pulled out a thick grey v-neck and a pair of fleece-lined camouflage sweatpants. 
    I hurried back to the bathroom, peeling off my soaked clothing and easing myself into the steaming water. I sighed as I finally warmed up, blood and dirt trailing off my skin through the water. I scrubbed my body carefully, getting rid of the remnants of river water and blood. There was a long cut on my hand from glass, and I could already tell the scrape on my forehead would bruise. 
    I relaxed back in the water, thinking carefully about the six new people I had met. Kris seemed like a natural leader, with his height and sharp features. He could easily be called threatening, but I could also see how sweet he was. Yixing seemed way too innocent to be dangerous, with his softly curling hair and gentle brown eyes. Xiumin and Chen were harmless enough; I was grateful to them for saving Ravi. Luhan seemed adorable in a nerdy sort of way, and I remembered his pajama shirt with a smile. Honestly, the only one that made me uneasy was Tao. 
    He was tall and muscled, and didn't seem as soft as the others. He had been respectful to me, but I had seen the calculating look in his sharp eyes. I didn't trust him. 
    I sighed, shaking my head. No use drawing my conclusions now. I stood, squeezing the water out of my hair and carefully wrapping myself in fluffy towels. I pulled on the clothes I had found, sighing at the warmth of the thick material. My hair was a matted mess that I couldn't summon the will to comb, so I simply twisted it up into a messy bun and called it good enough.
    I hung up my towels and walked downstairs, considering the cut on my hand. I found the boys in a large living room, all dressed in warm clothes. Tao and Luhan were patching up their injuries as best they could, piling blankets on them to heat them up. 
    "What can I do to help?" I asked, kneeling next to Luhan. He jumped like I had startled him and turned, looking up at me with wide eyes. 
    "Umm...can you stitch well?" Luhan asked. I nodded, and he pulled back the blanket covering Yixing's arm. There was a long gash in Yixing's bicep, and I quickly held more gauze to the blood bubbling up. 
    "I'll take care of it." I said confidently. I grabbed a needle and threaded it, beginning to slowly stitch up the gash. When I was done, I sat back and admired my work. 
    "What else can I do?" I asked. Tao looked up from holding an ice pack to Kris' forehead, glancing over at Ravi. 
    

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter