Exercise

Lost Demon
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

RAVI'S POV

    Someone was shaking my shoulder and I flapped my hand at them, rolling over and groaning. They kept shaking me persistently, finally just ripping the blanket that covered me off and dumping me on the floor. 
    "What the hell?!" I exclaimed, lifting my head up from the living room carpet and glaring at Youngmin. 
    "It's time to get up." Youngmin said, her hands firmly on her hips. She was wearing black yoga pants that clung to her legs and a neon blue tank top. 
    "What are you wearing?" I croaked. "What time is it?"
    "6:30." Youngmin said cheerfully, bending over to put her long hair in a high ponytail. I groaned and rolled back over, dragging the blanket to cover me. 
    "Ravi, I'm warning you. Get up." Youngmin growled. I looked over at her narrowed eyes and grumbled, letting her pull the blanket off me. 
    "Put these on." Youngmin smiled, tossing a bundle of clothes at me. I looked confusedly at the grey sweatpants and black muscle tank, and she hurried me. 
    "What are we doing?" I asked, tugging off my shirt and pulling the muscle tank on. I was still achy from healing last night, and I wanted nothing more than to curl up and cry. 
    "We are going for a run." Youngmin said, bending down to lace up a pair of white trainers. I pulled on the sweatpants and laced up the pair of shoes she chucked at my face, yawning widely. 
    "Why?" I asked. She grabbed my ear and pulled me towards the door, tugging me outside. 
    "Because running makes you feel better." Youngmin said simply. There was thick fog swirling in among the houses, making it impossible to see more than a hundred feet in front of me. 
    "Come on, let's go." Youngmin said, taking my hand and beginning to jog down the street. I obeyed, stretching my legs out slowly at first before speeding up. 
    Youngmin pulled out an iPod and started to play music, breathing heavily next to me. Her ponytail swung behind her and her feet drummed out an easy rhythm on the cement. It was soothing in a way, and I pushed myself a little faster. 
    "There we go, you're getting the hang of it." Youngmin laughed next to me, speeding up. We ran all throughout the city until the sun cleared the tops of the buildings and burned away the fog. 
    Youngmin and I stopped in front of a smoothie shop in the middle of town, and I opened the door for her. My chest was heaving from my run and sweat dripped down my face, my head dropping down tiredly on the table while Youngmin ordered for us. 
    "There, how do you feel now?" Youngmin asked, sitting down across from me and sliding a smoothie across the table. I took a few fruity gulps and a genuine smile spread across my face. 
    "Actually, really good." I admitted. Youngmin grinned and leaned back in her chair, looking around happily. 
    We finished our smoothies in exhausted silence, and then raced each other back to the house. I was about to walk into the bathroom to shower when Youngmin stopped me.
    "Not yet. I signed us up for a rock climbing class." Youngmin said, tugging me through the door. I nodded, letting her lead me back through the city to a tall warehouse style building. 
    "Why did you let me run all the way back home before you dragged me out here?" I panted, feeling slightly exhausted as I tugged on a harness. 
    "Because you need the exercise. You're getting fat." Youngmin teased, poking my stomach with a giggle. 
    "Pfft, I am not!" I said indignantly, poking her stomach in return. Youngmin laughed and I pulled her to my chest to tickle her more. We both ended up giggling together, and I had to sit down for a few minutes to be able to stop. 
    "Alright, I'll race you to the top." Youngmin offered, looking up at the top of a large rock climbing wall in front of us. 
    "Winner gets to choose what we do next?" I bargained, wanting to go to sleep. Youngmin gave me a teasing smirk and nodded, dusting her hands with chalk and gripping onto the wall. 
    "Deal. Ready? Go!" Youngmin cried, pulling herself up easily. I did the same, frantically looking for holds to place my hands and feet on. 
    No matter how quickly I scaled the wall, Youngmin was always one step ahead of me. When we had raced four different times and my abs were aching from the effort, Youngmin laughed and sat down on a nearby bench. 
    "7 years of rock climbing lessons." Youngmin admitted with a teasing smile. I grumbled good-naturedly and poked her shoulder, pouting. 
    "You cheated." I said. Youngmin stuck her tongue out at me and walked over to the vending machine, buying two bottles of Gatorade and chucking one at me. 
    "Where are we going now?" I asked, taking a greedy gulp of the liquid. Youngmin laughed and pulled me up by my shirt, walking out the door. 
    "To shower! And then we'll go on a walk." Youngmin smiled. I nodded, linking my hand with hers and walking slowly home to Magnus. 
    I took a long shower, relaxing my tense muscles and dressing in a pair of loose jeans and a v-neck. I found Youngmin in the kitchen, making a picnic dinner and packing it in a whicker basket.
    "Hey, do you know where my cigarettes went?" I asked, already having gone through my jacket pockets. My hands were shaking and I was feeling uncomfortably tired, a sure sign I needed a smoke. 
    "That reminds me!" Youngmin smiled. She walked over to a group of grocery bags on the counter and pulled out a cardboard box, throwing it over to me. 
    "What are these?" I asked, frowning down at the box in my hands. Youngmin folded a blanket and piled it on top of the basket, walking over to me. 
    "Nicotine patches. You put a new one on everyday, and you don't have to smoke. Eventually you won't need them at all." Youngmin smiled. She opened the box and pulled up my sleeve, sticking one clear patch on my bicep gently.
    "But I want my smokes." I grumbled, picking at the edges of the patch. Youngmin slapped my hand away, handing me the box. 
    "It's bad for you." Youngmin scolded. I bit my lip, one of my hands clenching angrily into a tight fist. 
    "But I want—" I started. 
    "Ravi, please. For me." Youngmin pleaded, looking up at me with wide, soft eyes. I sighed and nodded, accepting the box. 
    "Fine." I agreed. Youngmin grinned and picked up the basket, taking my hand and leading me out the door. 
    "Don't forget to put on a new one everyday." Youngmin reminded me, walking out into the late afternoon sunshine. 
    "I won't." I said, my stomach growling hungrily as I smelled the food in the basket. I was absolutel

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter