Change

Lost Demon
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

RAVI'S POV

    I opened my eyes slowly, staring blankly up at the white ceiling tiles above me. I swallowed carefully, reaching up to feel my neck with my right hand. I was stopped by a prickle of pain in my arm and I tried to look down to see what was keeping me in place. I couldn't move my head, waves of pain flaring down from my neck. 
    'Where am I? What happened?' I asked silently, waiting for Mistress to appear and tell me. When my mind stayed silent for several minutes, I closed my eyes and focused. 
    I opened them again in disbelief after a few minutes. Mistress was gone. The black cloud in my head had disappeared, and I was truly alone in my thoughts. I reached deep inside of me, feeling for Leo and Youngmin's links, eager to see if they were alright. 
    Nothing happened. I swallowed hard, starting to panic a little. I tried again, realizing I was completely alone for the first time in 7 years, and I couldn't move. 
    "Hello? Hello?!" I yelled. My throat was sore and my neck flared in protest, making me wince. Footsteps echoed and a door opened and closed, making me look up. 
    "Ravi? How are you feeling?" Daehyun appeared in my field of vision, bending over me with a concerned smile. 
    "I can't move." I said tightly. Daehyun nodded understandingly, reaching towards my neck and unbuckling something gently. He lifted my head carefully, sliding the neck brace out from under me as painlessly as possible. 
    "Be careful moving a lot, you went through a lot of trauma here." Daehyun said. I nodded, letting him ease me forward. He piled pillows behind me, propping me up in a sitting position. 
    "What happened? Where's Youngmin?" I asked. Daehyun looked over at me, fiddling with the IV stuck in my arm before answering. 
    "Youngmin is with Yongguk in his room." Daehyun said. I blinked slowly, remembering Yongguk biting me with a jolt. 
    "How long have I been out?" I asked, trying to sit up. Daehyun eased me back down, shaking his head. 
    "17 hours. Don't move, you're going to hurt yourself." Daehyun warned. I reached up with my free arm, feeling my neck. 
    Gauze was wrapped tightly around my neck, padding it gently. I felt around, my eyes widening and my hand freezing in shock when I noticed the absence of something I had grown very used to. 
    "My collar." I mumbled. My hand coursed over my neck, but I was definitely free of the collar. 
    "I'm going to go check on Yongguk. Will you be alright for a few minutes?" Daehyun asked. I nodded numbly and he walked out, shutting the door quietly behind him. 
    I sat blankly for a few minutes in bed, processing everything. I had given Yongguk the pills and he had gone nuts, biting me in the process. But how had my collar come off? And how did I get here? And what happened to my links?
    I closed my eyes, taking a deep breath and trying to accept the fact my link was gone. I felt so empty without Youngmin and Leo by side now. Youngmin hates me anyway though, so I guess that doesn't really matter anymore. 
    The door opened and I sighed, wishing Daehyun had a given me a little more time to myself. I opened my eyes, looking over to see what he needed, and froze when I saw Youngmin standing there. 
    "Ravi?" Youngmin murmured. 
    My blood pounded in my ears, blocking out the sound of her voice as I sat there and stared. I could see every part of her, from her long black hair to the tips of her high tops poking out from her jeans. My gaze retuned to her eyes and I felt myself drowning in them, falling deeply into her pure brown orbs. 
    A second heartbeat pulsed through my veins, joining mine and twining together. I breathed in deeply, inhaling her sweet scent from where I lay. I felt a rush of warmth course through my body, settling firmly in my chest. I closed my eyes for a second, sighing in relief when I felt Youngmin's link shift back in place, like it had never left. 
    "You could have died!" Youngmin exclaimed, striding over to my bed. I opened my eyes, scenting the acrid tang of her fear as it mixed with something much sweeter and lighter. 
    "What happened?" I asked softly, watching Youngmin pause next to me. 
    "Would you just shut up?" Youngmin asked breathlessly, leaning forward and catching my cheeks between her hands. She ducked down, pressing her lips to mine and kissing me gently. 
    Youngmin pulled back, her hands tracing nervous circles behind my ears as she looked at my neck. 
    "Are you in pain?" Youngmin asked anxiously. I shook my head slightly, still trying to pull my heart out of my throat. 
    "I thought...I thought you hated me." I murmured, looking over at her. Youngmin shook her head vehemently, scoffing out a little laugh and hurriedly wiping away a tear that trickled down her cheek. Her hand shook and I reached out, grasping it and twining our fingers together. I pressed a soft kiss to the back of her hand, running my thumb over her hand after. 
    "Yongguk told me you didn't mean it." Youngmin said quietly. I nodded, tipping her chin up so she looked at me. 
    "I didn't mean it at all. I love you, I could never leave you." I murmured. Youngmin smiled at me, nodding slowly.  
    "I was so scared when I felt the link break." Youngmin admitted. She sat on the bed, leaning into my thigh and resting her head carefully on my chest. 
    "It's back now, so you don't have to worry. It's stronger too." I reassured her, keeping my hand wrapped around her shoulders. She nodded, and I could feel our hearts joining. 
    "What exactly happened after I passed out?" I asked. Youngmin wrapped her fist in the material of my shirt, looking up at me and biting her lip. 

YOUNGMIN'S POV 

    I looked up at Ravi, feeling his chest rise and fall underneath me, his heartbeat thrumming gently through me. I took a deep breath, closing my eyes and remembering the events from yesterday. 

*flashback*
 
    I ripped the covers off myself, flying out of bed and barely keeping myself from stumbling into the wall. Hyunseung caught me, grasping my shoulders and yelling something at me. 
    "Take me to Ravi!" I demanded, looking up at him. "Take me to Yongguk's house!"         Something in my eyes had convinced him, Hyunseung nodding abruptly. He turned, grabbing my hand and pulling me towards the window. Hyunseung put his foot through the glass, kicking out the window and wrapping his arms around me. His wings tore through the fabric of his shirt as they expanded out just as he stepped out. 
    I screamed as we plummeted a few feet until Hyunseung leveled out, shooting up in the sky. His wings beat in my ears even as my heart twisted painfully in my chest, tears burning down my cheeks. There was a glaring emptiness in me now, a broken empty hole in my heart. 
    Hyunseung kept me tucked tightly to his chest, winds buffeting both of us as he plunged through the sky. We were going so fast I could've sworn we were falling some of the time, spearing through the air. 
    "Here. We're here." Hyunseung panted in my ear, not slowing even as we plummeted towards the ground. 
    He was going too fast to slow down, slamming into the ground and skidding for a few yards before he stopped. He had wrapped his wings around me, keeping me safe, and now he unfurled them slowly. I stood, turning down to help him up but he waved me away. 
    I left him there, running up Yongguk's front steps and kicking the door in. It shuddered under my blows, finally exploding inside. I ran in, screaming when I found Yongguk and Ravi in the kitchen. Ravi looked still as death itself, sitting in a pool of blood, more blood dripping down from his neck sluggishly. Yongguk was unconscious, a black line of liquid running from his open mouth to the tile. I could hear his rasping breaths from where I stood, sweat shining on his pale face. 
    I ran to Ravi, dropping my kn

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter