Broken Glass

Lost Demon
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

YOUNGMIN'S POV

    I ran back up the stairs, dropping to my knees next to Yongguk and shaking his uninjured shoulder. Blood was streaming thickly from the bite in his shoulder, pooling on the floor and surprising me with its amount; Leo had really bitten him hard.  
    "Yongguk, wake up!" I yelled, shaking him harder. Yongguk turned his head to the side, frowning and opening his eyes slowly. 
    "Yongguk, get up." I commanded lowly, making him look at me in surprise. He winced, looking down at the bite and pressing his hand over it. 
    "What's going on? What happened?" Yongguk mumbled, sitting up. I got to my feet, pulling him up and bending over Ravi. 
    Ravi's eyes fluttered open and he got up slowly, swaying slightly before righting himself and looking over at me. His forearm was pressed protectively to his side and I lifted up his shirt, my mouth falling open when I looked at the large tattoo covering his side. I touched it softly and Ravi jerked in pain. 
    "What happened to Leo?!" Ravi exclaimed, looking past me and rushing over to Leo. He reached out, checking Leo's forehead for a temperature. 
    Leo was still, his face whiter than I'd ever seen it. The red blood stained his mouth and ran down his chin and throat, his face relaxed. His dark lashes were a stark contrast against his snowy cheekbones, the silver of his lip ring shining brightly through the red stains. The coloring of his face was both neutral and intense at the same time, a study in sharp flares of color and a peaceful background. 
    His body was limply relaxed as he lay on the bed. The blanket was thrown back from his torso from when he leapt up, folded over his legs and exposing his black tank top and the muscles of his arms. The light shimmered over the silver scars on his wrists, drawing the eye. I looked back to his face after, watching Yongguk's blood trickle down his neck to pool in the hollow of his throat. 
    "What's going on?" Yongguk asked seriously, turning to me. The door opened and Tablo walked inside, looking confused. 
    "Yongguk, are you alright?" Tablo asked. Yongguk nodded, checking the bite quickly and looking back at Tablo. 
    "Yeah, why?" Yongguk asked. 
    "We all just felt a little strange." Tablo shrugged, turning around and walking downstairs shaking his head. 
    "Is he just tired or did he not notice the giant hole in your arm?!" I asked, stepping forward to inspect the bite. 
    "It's fine, Youngmin, it'll heal." Yongguk said, pulling away and turning to shake Leo's shoulder. 
    "Don't—" I started. Leo opened his eyes, looking around with a wince and reaching up to wipe the back of his hand against his throat. He stared down at the blood with wide brown eyes, looking up at Ravi in a panic. 
    "What's this?" Leo questioned frantically, using his palms to try to wipe the blood off his face and neck. 
    "I don't know." Ravi said, walking into the bathroom and coming back with a wet towel. He wiped the blood off Leo's neck and then handed the towel to Yongguk, who placed it over his arm. 
    "Did you bite him?" Ravi asked Leo, looking at the puncture in Yongguk's shoulder. Yongguk laughed quietly, shaking his head and smiling. 
    "I think I would remember if Leo bit me." Yongguk chuckled. He lifted the towel, biting his lip when blood continued to seep out. 
    "You're not healing." Ravi remarked quietly. Yongguk shrugged and Leo reached his hands out, covering the bite and concentrating.  
    The same ripples and shivers spread over Yongguk's skin, glowing softly. He closed his eyes, sighing softly and flexing his hand. Leo pulled back his hands, staring blankly at the bite that still leaked blood down Yongguk's arm, untouched by his healing. 
    "You can't heal it?" Ravi asked quietly. Leo shook his head, and Yongguk shrugged and placed the towel back over it. 
    "At least it doesn't hurt." Yongguk shrugged. I nudged him down into a chair, going to grab the needle and thread Chii had left out from helping Jay. 
    "Try to hold still." I told Yongguk, tying the thread and pinching his skin together. Yongguk winced, jerking away and hissing softly in pain. 
    "I know it hurts, but you have to hold still." I said firmly. Ravi walked over, keeping his hands on the crook of Yongguk's neck on either side, forcing him to stay in the chair. 
    "I'm trying." Yongguk snarled. I nodded, pinching his skin again gently and shuddering slightly at the black and red fluid that leaked out. I started stitching it quickly, tying it off and wrapping it with gauze. 
    "There." I sat back triumphantly. Ravi patted Yongguk's shoulder and sat down on the edge of the bed, rubbing his head. 
    "Thanks." Yongguk patted my hand and then relaxed, rolling his neck out with a series of loud pops. 
    "So, did we fall asleep or something?" Ravi asked. Yongguk shrugged and Leo looked around blankly, making me stand up. 
    "Can you guys really not remember?" I asked. They all gave me empty stares and I sighed, looking down at my shaking hands. 
    "He went crazy and bit Yongguk, and then everybody fainted!" I pointed at Leo, making his mouth fall open in shock. 
    "What are you talking about?" Ravi asked. I bit my lip in frustration, closing my eyes and linking with him. I flipped through my memories, picking out the images from a few minutes earlier and replaying it to Ravi. 
    "Yongguk, look at this." Ravi said, making me open my eyes. He closed his again, turning towards Yongguk and furrowing his brow. 
    Yongguk didn't move, looking over at Ravi blankly. Ravi's eyes opened after a few seconds and I could sense his frustration. 
    "Yongguk, why aren't you linking with me?" Ravi asked. Yongguk's eyes widened and he looked at Ravi.    
    "You're trying to link with me?" Yongguk asked, looking surprised. Ravi nodded slowly, frowning and biting his lip. 
    "Yongguk, link with me." Ravi commanded. Yongguk nodded, closing his eyes and focusing hard. 
    A few seconds passed with silence, Leo and I looking at the two wolves curiously. Yongguk's face twisted in pain and he cried out, reaching up to grasp his shoulder. He staggered forward, his eyes opening when I reached out and caught him. I nearly dropped him, not used to his weight, and I looked at the red that was slowly seeping through his bandage. 
    "Yongguk!" Ravi's eyes opened and he grasped Yongguk, pulling him away from me and into the chair. Yongguk panted, sweat slicking his skin as I pulled his hand away from his shoulder. 
    "What's wrong with your link?" Ravi asked quietly. Yongguk shrugged, his tongue poking out from his lips as he watched me unwrap his gauze carefully.    
    "What on earth..." I whispered. My stitches were gone. The bite was open and looked like it had never had stitches at all, blood flowing freely from it. 
    "It's not healing at all." I said, looking towards Yongguk's face. 
    "And your link is broken." Ravi added quietly. Yongguk pushed himself to his feet, the blood rushing from his face as he gripped the back of his chair. 
    "I'm just gonna go home." Yongguk said quietly, turning to go. He staggered and Ravi caught him again, holding him in place. 
    "Hyung, I don't think that's a good—"
    "I'll be fine, Ravi!" Yongguk snapped, shoving Ravi off of him. Ravi let him go in shock, staring after him blankly as Yongguk walked out the doorway. 
    "I'm sure he's just tired." I broke the silence, going to lean into Ravi's side when he still had a heartbroken look in his eyes. 
    "Yeah." Ravi muttered blankly. He turned, sitting on the bed by Leo and sighing. Leo nudged his shoulder gently, making Ravi rest his head on Leo and stretch out on the bed next to him. 
    Ravi closed his eyes and I covered them both with the blanket, shaking my head and closing the door behind me. With any luck, they would get some sleep and wake up fully refreshed. I walked downstairs, finding the living room empty and a note on the couch. 

    Tried to clean up as best we could. Sorry about the mess. Send Tablo the bill for the lamp, Taeyang did it.
—Seungri

    I looked up from the note, sighing when I saw the trash can full of broken shards of glass from my favorite lamp next to the couch. There was a piece of plywood over my window and I shook my head, deciding to just accept the fact that these boys are clumsy. I looked back to the note, seeing another sentence scrawled under Seungri's. 

    I did not do it! Seungri broke the lamp!
—Taeyang

    I rolled my eyes, crumpling up the note and tossing it in the trash. I walked back upstairs, opening the door to Youngjae's room and looking inside. He was asleep in bed, mumbling to himself, and I smiled. He must've been exhausted from his trip...
    I went back downstairs, mixing up a simple recipe for fortune cookies and putting them in the oven. After five minutes, I pulled them out and folded them, laying them on a plate and walking out to the living room. I settled myself on the couch, opening a bag of chips and pulling out my textbook. 
    I worked quietly for about an hour, crunching chips and listening to music in the background while I wrote down extra notes. It was peaceful in a way, the light showers that briefly touched down outside pattering on the roof, the sky light grey. My phone rang and startled me, making me almost drop my book on the floor. 
    "Hello?" I asked, wondering who was calling me right now. 
    "Umm, hi, Youngmin!"
    "Hyunseung?" I said in disbelief. 
    "Yup! I'm using your friends phone." Hyunseung said. I pull

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter