Unlikely Saviors

Lost Demon
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter 6
    I woke to my brother tapping on my shoulder, pulling me out of my fitful sleep. Youngjae checked that I was awake, and held out a cup of coffee.    
    "Yongguk and Daehyun told me about Ravi." Youngjae said softly. I sipped the coffee, waiting anxiously to hear what he would say. 
    "I've decided...to let him stay. Daehyun says he isn't a threat to anyone, and Yongguk will help me keep an eye on him." Youngjae said. I threw my arms around him happily, holding him close and smiling. 
    "Thank you, Oppa!" I exclaimed. Youngjae smiled, patting my back softly, and I pulled back. 
    "Ravi. Is he okay?" I asked nervously, looking at the doorway to Ravi's room across from where we were sitting. 
    "He's going to be just fine. Daehyun said he might've had a late reaction to the blood transfusion from yesterday, and that triggered his collapse." Youngjae said. I nodded, vowing to ask Ravi later how he had healed Hongbin. 
    "Can I see him?" I asked. Youngjae nodded, stepping forward with me. We walked into Ravi's room, and I was surprised to find Yongguk slumped over asleep in a chair next to Ravi's bed. 
    "Ravi." I whispered softly, reaching out to shake his shoulder. His eyes opened slowly and he looked around, the machine measuring his heartbeat beeping softly. 
    "Hey. How are you feeling?" I asked softly, resting my hand on his head. Ravi coughed a little, looking around and finally resting his gaze on Youngjae. 
    "This is my brother, Youngjae. He said you can stay with us." I said. Ravi nodded softly, relaxing back onto the pillows and closing his eyes again. 
    "Hey, Youngjae, hey, Youngmin." Daehyun said softly, coming into the room. He walked over, checking Ravi's temperature and looking at the reading of his heartbeat on the screen. 
    "He's really tired; is that normal?" I said, worried over Ravi's pale skin. Daehyun smiled at me, nodding and stepping back. 
    "Of course. Ravi should be fine now, though. I'll have Yongguk help you take him home. Let him rest for tomorrow, but he should be fine to go to school on Thursday." Daehyun said. He nudged Yongguk, interrupting the snores coming from the older man, and smiled. 
    "Yah, sleeping beauty! Wake up and take Ravi home." Daehyun commanded. Yongguk glared at him teasingly for a second before nodding and stretching his lips in a smile. 
    "Come on, Youngmin." Yongguk said. Daehyun detached Ravi from the machines, waking him and up and letting Yongguk sit Ravi in a wheelchair. 
    "Safe driving." Daehyun said. Youngjae followed Yongguk as he pushed Ravi's wheelchair gently, and I walked with my hand on Ravi's shoulder. 
     Yongguk draped Ravi over my lap in the backseat like last time, climbing into the driver's side while Youngjae took the passenger seat. The drive to the house was slow and mellow, Yongguk and I filling Youngjae in on everything that had been going on. 
    Yongguk carried Ravi inside when we reached the house, lying him down carefully on the guest bed. I tucked Ravi in, pulling the covers up to his chin and bending forward to press am impulsive kiss to his forehead. Ravi stirred a little, the corners of his mouth lifting up, and he murmured in his sleep. I patted his shoulder carefully, turning to follow my brother and Yongguk out of the room. 
    "Thanks for all your help, hyung." Youngjae said, looking at Yongguk. Yongguk nodded, giving us a gummy smile and turning to go. 
    "Oh, wait!" Yongguk dug around in his sweatshirt pocket, pulling out something that looked like a digital camera. 
    "Here, Youngmin. It's a taser." Yongguk said, showing me the stun sensors on one side of the fake camera. 
    "Umm...thank you?" I said, holding the weapon delicately and inspecting it. Yongguk nodded good naturedly, smiling again and letting himself out. 
    "Weird..." I muttered, setting the taser down on the kitchen table. 
    "Oh my god, take this horrifying thing back! I'm begging you, I'm going insane!" Himchan's voice shrieked from the entryway, Youngjae and I staring in shock as he swept inside. He was holding Ravi's puppy out in front of him, glaring at the squirming black bundle. 
    "Himchan? Where did you get Ravi's puppy?" I asked, watching Himchan dither in the entryway looking for a place to set the puppy down. 
    "Daehyun asked me to look after it for a few days, but I can't, I just can't! I was not cut out for this!" Himchan exclaimed dramatically, dumping the puppy in my arms and sweeping back out the front door. 
    Youngjae and I stayed frozen in shock for a few minutes, looking at each other disbelievingly, as though silently questioning each other if they had seen Himchan too.       
    "...I need normal friends." Youngjae suddenly murmured to himself, looking down at the floor. I burst out laughing and Youngjae joined me with chuckles, both of us dissolving into mirth. 
    "I'll go check on the flowers." Youngjae finally said. I nodded, walking upstairs to the guest room. 
    I found Ravi tossing and turning in a nightmare, his brow creased in distress and fists clenching the blankets. I shook his shoulder gently, adding a little more force when Ravi didn't wake up. When nothing else worked, I drew the covers back and climbed into bed with him. Ravi curled towards my warmth immediately, wrapping his arms around my waist and burying his face in my neck. Ravi's little whimpers stopped when I wrapped my arms around his back, feeling the broad muscles shifting under my hands. 
    Before I knew it, we had both dropped off to sleep, skipping dinner and spending the night together. 

    "Ok, get up, get up, get up!" Youngjae said, beating a metal spoon against a pan to wake Ravi and I up. 
    "And get your creepy hands off my sister." Youngjae muttered as an afterthought, not sounding too bothered at all, but more like it was a brotherly requirement for him to say it.  
    I slowly opened my eyes and stretched, giggling when Ravi reached forward and pulled me towards him playfully. 
    "I have to go to school." I said, starting to get up. Ravi dragged me back again teasingly, pulling me snugly to his chest and burying his face in my hair. 
    "Don't." Ravi mumbled, pouting. I debated whether Youngjae would let me skip one more day, and was firmly convinced he wouldn't when Youngjae appeared again and yanked me out of bed. 
    "Get in the shower right now!" Youngjae said, pushing me towards the bathroom. I stuck my tongue out at him and walked to the bathroom, grabbing a quick shower. 
    I put on my uniform, pulling my hair into a braid so it was out of my face, and walked downstairs. I took a double take when I saw Ravi sitting by the kitchen counter, his freshly scrubbed hair covered by a beanie and his long limbs clothed in Youngjae's old uniform. He smiled at me, waving while munching on toast, his bandages covered by the sleeves of his blazer. 
    "You're supposed to be resting." I said. Ravi shrugged and Youngjae appeared in the kitchen with a cup of coffee. 
    "He refused to stay home without you." Youngjae rolled his eyes. I looked down at Ravi, smiling when he offered me a bite of his toast. 
    "Are you sure you want to come? You don't want to rest more?" I asked. Ravi shook his head, standing up and easing the shoulder strap of Youngjae's old backpack over his injured back slowly. 
    "I wanna go." Ravi said. I nodded, helping him adjust the straps gently so they didn't pull on his stitches. 
    "Alright. Ready to go?" I asked, passing him two pain pills to take. Ravi popped them in and swallowed them dry, following me out the door. 
    "I'll drive you guys." Youngjae said, picking up his keys and following me outside. I climbed into the backseat, Ravi sitting next to me and looking around the interior of the car curiously. He still wasn't used to driving, and Ravi spent the entire ride with his nose pressed to the glass trying to look outside. 
    We pulled up to the school and I got out of the car, keeping Ravi close to me so he didn't wander off. I walked through the hallways to my locker, dropping off my books and leading Ravi to the office. 
    "Hello, Mrs. Lee." I greeted the secretary, bowing respectfully and nudging Ravi to do the same. He obeyed and Mrs. Lee looked him over with a smile, giving me a knowing wink. 
    "This is Kim Wonshik, he's a new student here. I requested our schedules to be the same, but he needs his uniform and locker number." I smiled at her. Mrs. Lee nodded, reaching out to pick up a stack of papers and hand them to Ravi. 
    "I'll give you both a late pass for your classes so you can show Wonshik around. Learn well~" Mrs. Lee smiled, turning back to type on her computer. 
    "Thank you." I smiled. Ravi thanked her as well, following me as I tugged him through the halls to his locker. 
    "You're only one hall away from my locker, which is good. Zelo's locker is right here, ask him if you need anything." I said, tapping a locker about three to the right from Ravi's. Ravi nodded, watching me show him how to work the lock. 
    After we had put Youngjae's old books into the locker and pulled out the suppl

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter