Extremely short update

Lost Demon
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

RAVI'S POV

    Every single part of my body throbbed. I groaned, opening my eyes with difficulty and feeling like they had been sewed shut. I blinked my burning eyes slowly, looking up at the ceiling and shifting my head to the side with difficulty. Hyuk was asleep next to me and I was laying in a soft bed, my aching back cushioned slightly. 
    I curled the tips of my fingers painfully slowly and finally moved enough to support myself and sit up. I swung my legs over and rested my feet on the floor, bracing my elbows on my knees with a sigh. Every muscle was screaming in pain and exhaustion begged me to sit back on the bed and sleep for fifty more years, but I pushed myself to my feet. 
    And immediately buckled. My knees hit the ground with a crack and I winced, holding myself up with my palms spread on either side of my head. My arms shook and almost collapsed when Magnus appeared in the doorway and locked his hands under my armpits. He hauled me up carefully, easing me into a chair and scolding me. 
    "Ravi! For God's sake, are you trying to break your stupid head wide open?!" Magnus thundered, keeping his hand on my shoulder to keep me from falling forward. 
    "Where's Leo?" I panted, swallowing past my sandpapered throat. Magnus sighed, kneeling in front of me and looking at the new rip in the knee of my jeans. There was a sluggish trickle of red from a scrape on my knee and Magnus healed it quickly.
    "We moved him to another room before we used the antidote." Magnus said. I tried to stumble forward and Magnus pulled me up before I could fall on my face. 
    "Have you used it yet?" I asked, letting Magnus guide my hand around his shoulders and carefully walk me down the hallway. 
    "No. We were waiting for you. I guess we can use it now." Magnus said, reaching out with his free hand to open a door to a bedroom in front of us and lead me inside. 
    Leo was stretched out on the bed on his stomach, his shirt still off and a thick layer of some kind of oil spread over the scars on his back. He was asleep and Youngmin was sitting in a chair next to the bed, her knees drawn up to her chest and her chin resting on her arms wrapped around her knees. When she heard Magnus and I enter, Youngmin swung around and jumped off her chair to wrap her arms around my waist. 
    She clung to me and Magnus slowly detangled himself, letting Youngmin support me as she buried her face in my chest. I raised my arms slowly and hugged her back, patting her spine hesitantly. She was crying and the sounds broke my heart, but I forced myself to pull her away and turn my head. 
    "Ravi, are you okay?" Youngmin asked softly, using the backs of her hands to wipe away the tears staining her cheeks. 
    "I'm fine." I mumbled, walking past her towards Leo. I stopped by the edge of his bed and supported myself with a hand on the wall, biting my lip so hard I tasted blood. 
    I was lying to her, I didn't deserve to hold her. Any hurt I had caused by pushing her away was nothing to what she would feel if she knew the truth. 
    "Youngmin, I think we're ready to try the first shot." Magnus said gently, looking at Youngmin sympathetically and kindly pretending not to notice her tears. She nodded, biting her lip and avoiding my gaze when she walked forward and picked up a syringe from the table by the bed. 
    "Alright." Youngmin said, tapping the syringe a few times and holding it poised over one of the large muscles of Leo's shoulder. 
    "Ready?" Youngmin asked, looking back at Magnus. He nodded quickly, his hands stretched out with sparks already crackling around his fingers. 
    "Standing by." Magnus said. Youngmin nodded and inched the syringe slowly into Leo's shoulder. She depressed the end, thick milky fluid slowly disappearing into his veins, and pulled the needle back out. 
    I held my breath anxiously, watching Leo continue to breathe evenly with his eyes closed. He sighed and one of his hands twitched, but other than that, nothing happened. 
    "Did it work?" I asked, watching Magnus return his hands to his sides. We were all silent for a few moments before Youngmin pointed forward excitedly, gesturing to a black mark lower on Leo's arm that was slowly fading. 
    "That's the old syringe mark!" Youngmin said excitedly, a smile bursting across her face. I nodded, the corners of my mouth twitching in an attempt at a smile. 
    "It's definitely working." Magnus said, brushing Leo's bangs out of his face to rest his palm on the boy's forehead. There was a flush heating Leo's cheeks and he shifted when Magnus touched him, his brow furrowing in a grimace. 
    "Now what?" Youngmin asked. Magnus was silent for a few minutes, thinking and considering before reaching out and tying Leo's hair out of his face gently. 
    "You two go get something to eat, then go get some more sleep. We'll give him the next shot in about five hours, at six in the morning." Magnus said. 
    "I've been asleep the entire day?" I said, my eyes widening fractionally. Magnus nodded, sitting in the chair Youngmin had vacated and propping his feet on the cross-piece underneath. 
    "Yes. So go eat and sleep." Magnus said. I nodded, following Youngmin out to the kitchen. 
    She was silent and I refused to meet her gaze, shuffling through the cabinets for something to do. I couldn't remember the last time I was hungry, and I couldn't remember the last time I had eaten something. 
    "I'll heat up some pasta for you." Young

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter