Sick

Lost Demon
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

RAVI'S POV

    I kept my head down, walking through the hallways to math. Every since I broke Dongwoo's wrist, his friends had been lurking around the school for me, trying to punish me. Just yesterday Hoya had 'accidentally' nicked me with a scalpel in science while we were dissecting animals, coming dangerously close to one of my veins. 
    I gratefully walked into the classroom, sitting down and pulling out my notes. Math was boring, but this was the highest class I could find in the school, and I was required to take math. After an hour of solving problems, it was finally time for lunch. 
    I jumped to my feet, scrambling out of the classroom and into the hallway. I was almost to the cafeteria when Myungsoo appeared. He slammed me back against the wall, raising his hand to punch my face, and I closed my eyes protectively. 
    "Myungsoo!" A voice barked out, making me open my eyes when Myungsoo turned. Dongwoo and Sungyeol standing in the hallway behind him. 
    "I told you guys to stop trying to hurt him!" Dongwoo said angrily, striding forward to yank Myungsoo away from me with his good hand. 
    "Myungsoo, go save a spot in the cafeteria." Sungyeol said, his tone making it clear it was just a command to get rid of the other boy. 
    Myungsoo nodded sullenly, turning around and walking into the lunch room. Dongwoo dusted off my shoulders, straightening my jacket where Myungsoo had wrinkled it. 
    "Sorry about them. They're just being overprotective." Dongwoo smiled at me. I nodded, eyeing the cast around his hand. 
    "I'm sorry about your hand." I said. Dongwoo shrugged, and I shook my head. "No, really. I didn't want to hurt you."
    "It's fine." Dongwoo said. I reached out, grasping his cast in my hands. 
    It wasn't fair that he was hurt because of me. I closed my eyes, my fingers tightening slightly on his cast. I felt warm and sleepy when I pulled my fingers back, blinking slowly at Dongwoo. 
    "Say, it doesn't hurt at all now. Thanks, man." Dongwoo waved at me good-naturedly, turning and walking towards the cafeteria. 
    "See you around." Sungyeol smiled at me, following Dongwoo into the room. I nodded slowly, walking towards the lunch room. 
    I sat down numbly by Youngmin, looking at her with blank eyes as she smiled at me, shoveling rice into my mouth. 
    "What took you so long to get here?" Youngmin asked, her voice rousing me out of my thoughts. I frowned, trying to remember. 
    "I don't know..." I said, my brow creasing as I struggled to remember. 
    "Where were you?" Jongup leaned over from the head of the table, smiling at me when he transferred some of his rice to my bowl. 
    "I can't remember." I said. Jongup shrugged, and I frowned, closing my eyes. 
    All could remember was exiting the math room. Other than that, the moments before the cafeteria were a hazy blank. I frowned, shaking my head tiredly and feeling a headache start to pound at my temples. 

Four days later~

    I bolted upright in bed, sweat slicking my shirt to my frame and rolling down my neck stickily. Blinking my eyes hard I pressed one hand to my forehead, trying to massage away the constant nagging ache behind my eyes. My throat was uncomfortably dry, my tongue heavy and thick in my mouth, and I swung out of bed. 
    Padding down the hallway and into the bathroom, I filled a cup with cold water. Tossing it back, I swallowed four more cupfuls before my hot skin made me lean over and crank on the shower. I blasted ice cold water full power, stepping inside still fully clothed. 
    I sat down soggily, letting the icy bullets of water slam into my shoulders and the nape of my neck. My throat still felt scratchy and dry, my head pounding like it was going to explode. My symptoms had been getting steadily worse for about a week, ever since I got in the fight with Sunggyu and his gang. Youngmin had Daehyun check me out, but Daehyun could find nothing wrong with me. 
    A sudden pain in my mouth made me cup my jaw, eyes widening as another wave of pain rolled through my teeth. A flash of claustrophobia traveled through me as I looked around at the close walls of the shower, standing suddenly. I stepped out of the shower shakily, slamming the water off with one hand and running through the hallway quickly. My wet feet pounded against the wood floors and I almost slipped on the stairs, yanking open the back door and bounding into the field outside the house. 
    I took off running, the breeze from motion stirring my hair and cooling my skin for the first time in a week. Something was pulling me farther away from the house, I could feel it. I gave in to it, running as fast as I could. I kept running until I collapsed from exhaustion in a nearby field, staring up at the stars and half-full moon. My chest heaved and I coughed a little, relaxing flat on my back and sighing. 
    I felt a little better now, my skin finally cool and my headache dulled to a pressure-filled spot of pain behind my eyes. It was the kind of headache that prevented me from truly focusing on anything, and I bolted up in shock when I saw a figure coming towards me. I crouched on the ground, wet clothes hanging heavily on my frame, and growled.
    "Ravi?!" Youngmin exclaimed in disbelief, padding towards me. I stood up slowly, wincing when my dry throat and hot skin hit me suddenly, returning brutally. 
    "Yeah?" I croaked, looking down at Youngmin. She took my hand, dragging me back towards the house. 
    "What the hell are you thinking...do you know what time it is...lucky it's a weekend tomorrow...you've got some explaining to do..." Youngmin's voice flickered in and out of focus for me, my mind somewhere else as she rambled on next to me. 
    The sun was just coming up when Youngmin tucked me in bed, giving me strict orders to get more sleep. I nodded, rolling over on my side and dropping off quickly. 

YOUNGMIN'S POV

    I looked up from my textbook, seeing Ravi walk slowly into the living room. He seated himself with a groan on the couch, rubbing his forehead. I looked his filthy, torn clothes up and down, shaking my head. 
    "Go take a shower and get some clean clothes on." I said. Ravi nodded, walking back to his bathroom and starting the shower. 
    I fixed him a late meal, shaking my head when I looked over and saw the clock read 5:30 pm. He had slept the day away after running all night, an action that still mystified me. I had thought over all the weird things Ravi had done so far, creating a list this afternoon to talk with him about. 
    I made sure to add plenty of food, piling a plate high with pasta, beef, and cookies. Ravi walked back into the room, his scarred arms swinging by his sides. The tank top he was wearing exposed the red lines that criss-crossed his forearms, leftover from all the stitches he had gotten. 
    "Come eat something." I said softly, looking at him. Ravi looked dully at the food, shaking his head and walking over to the fridge to chug an enti

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter