Trap

Lost Demon
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

YOUNGMIN'S POV

    "Yoseob?" I whispered, looking down at him. Yoseob nodded, checking me up and down concernedly. 
    "Are you okay?" Yoseob asked, tucking his wings into his back. I nodded, looking him over as well. He seemed unharmed and I frowned, wondering how to get out of here. 
    "How did you get down here? Are you hurt?" I asked. 
    "No." Yoseob said. "I got a bad feeling, and I followed Jay here. Unfortunately, I was not as sneaky as I thought I was." 
    "Do you have any idea where we are?" I asked. 
    "Yeah. We're in a town house, just off the road to the countryside." Yoseob said. I nodded, closing my eyes to try to link with Ravi. 
    "Ugh, I think they gave me something that keeps me from linking." I muttered after a few minutes of nothing but fuzzy blackness. 
    "That's okay. Just try to relax, they're not going to hurt you." Yoseob said. I nodded, looking over at Jay anxiously. 
    "Is he going to be okay?" I asked. Yoseob nodded, crawling over closer to Jay and placing his fingers on Jay's neck. 
    "He'll heal and be fine. But I'm worried about how long the hunters will keep him alive." Yoseob said. 
    "How long does he have?" I asked. 
    "Three or four hours until they pull the trigger, at the most." Yoseob said, inspecting the shackles holding him and trying to pry them off. 
    "What do we do?" I asked. Yoseob looked towards the stairs and shook his head, sighing. 
    "Try to get some sleep. I'll guard, you rest." Yoseob said, sitting up straighter against the wall and staring at the stairs. 
    "Are you sure?" I asked. 
    "Sleep."   
    I bit my lip and closed my eyes, trying to relax. I trusted Yoseob, I had no reason not to, and I felt myself slowing falling asleep. 

    The loud echo of a gunshot roused me and I sat bolt upright. Minho stood with his back to, his right hand stretched out still pointing a gun at Jay. The shot had gone wide, the bullet lodged in the wall next to Jay's head, and the man snarled up at Minho. 
    "Where is your alpha?" Minho asked, his voice leo and calm. 
    "I told you, I'm never going to tell you!" Jay yelled, lunging at Minho. The shackles around his wrists pulled him back and he bared his teeth, his eyes flashing red as he glared at Minho. 
    "Wrong answer." Minho said. The gun popped again and Jay flinched, the bullet burying itself in the wall next to his ribs. 
    "One last chance, mutt. Where's your alpha?" Minho asked. Yoseob was watching with wide eyes next to Jay, looking from Minho to Jay. 
    "Bite me!" Jay growled, opening his mouth and snapping his canines together with an audible clack. 
    "Whatever." Minho muttered, pulling the trigger. Jay howled in agony, curling up holding his knee to his chest. Blood streamed out from under his fingers and he rolled to the side, his mouth open in a silent scream. 
    "Come on, I'll shoot your other knee. Where's your alpha?" Minho asked, keeping the gun trained on Jay. 
    "Go to hell!" Jay snarled, glaring at Minho. Minho pulled the trigger again, a spray of blood coming from Jay's shoulder. 
    "This one goes through your heart." Minho said, walking forward to press the gun muzzle against Jay's chest. 
    "Where. Is. He?" Minho asked. Jay clamped his mouth shut, closing his eyes and shaking his head. 
    "Fine." Minho sighed. I heard the trigger start to creak forward and found my voice, scooting my chair forward quickly. 
    "No!" I yelled. Minho turned to look at me and Yoseob took advantage of his distraction, heaving his body up with arms and sending his foot flying into Minho's face. 
    Minho stumbled backwards holding his nose and swearing, the gun falling from his hands to the ground. Yoseob tried to scuttle forward and grab the gun, stopped when Minho turned and kicked him in the chest. Yoseob slammed back against the wall, Minho scooping up the gun and shaking it in Yoseob's face. 
    "Do you want to get shot too?! I bet you don't heal like hellhounds do!" Minho yelled, pushing the muzzle of the gun to Yoseob's forehead. 
    "Stop! Please don't hurt them!" I yelled, getting Minho's attention. Minho turned towards me with a sigh, holstering his gun and digging among the shelves. 
    Minho pulled out a syringe and a small bottle, filling the syringe and walking towards me. I tried to scoot back but he grabbed my arm, keeping my chair where it was and sinking the syringe into my bicep. 
    "What the hell was that?" I asked, trying to get away from him. 
    "Relax. It was just a minor paralytic sedative." Minho untied my legs and then my arms, cuffing my hands behind my back and pulling me to my feet. I tried to turn and run and groaned in frustration when I couldn't move. 
    "You'll be home before you know it." Minho smiled at me softly, slinging my over his shoulder and firing his gun once. 
    He turned towards the stairs, walking up and leaving me to watch from behind him as Jay's eyes closed and he slowly slid down the wall, blood streaming from the bullet hole in his chest. 
    I screamed and Minho tightened his grip around my waist, walking up the stairs just as I started slipping into unconsciousness. 

    My legs were cold and my arms were cramping. I opened my eyes, swallowing past my dry mouth and blinking as I looked around. I was in a group of trees, fallen leaves crunches under me as I shifted. My hands were tied together around the trunk of a small tree and I was kneeling in front of it stiffly. I looked up, finding Minho standing next to me. 
    "What are we doing here? What's going on?" I asked, looking up at him. I still felt fuzzy and I looked up at the cloudy sky, trying to figure out whether it was day or night. 
    "Do you want me to tell you exactly what's going to happen?" Minho crouched down next to me, looking around the clearing with an excited smile. 
    "Your wolf friends are going to come crashing through the forest right towards you. By now, they'll have found the scent trail Jonghyun and I left for them. They'll come running right in and then they'll hit the ring of traps we set around you." Minho pointed, making me see the ring of glittering metal that surrounded me. Two unfamiliar males in black started kicking leaves over the traps and then disappeared into the trees, melting away. 
    "As soon as they get stuck, my friends and I will open fire. I give them 10 minutes, tops. Then you get to go home and forget you saw anything." Minho smiled at me, ruffling my hair. 
    "Are you insane?!" I yelled. 
    "Shhh." Minho laid his finger against my lips, shaking his head. "Don't scream, you'll only bring them to their deaths faster."
    Minho chuckled, standing up and walking into the shadows. I whimpered, closing my eyes tightly and feeling my heart sink when my link didn't work. 
    "Ravi, please don't come. Please don't." I whispered. I stayed still, waiting for maybe half an hour before the low sounds of crunching leaves and moving trees reached me. 
    A low barking sounded in front of me and I watche

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter